Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Significant ice storm to potentially unfold Monday

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    I55 is closed in both directions near Terry. Had 4 wrecks and they shut it down.
    Check the MDOT cameras in the JAN area. every overpass is iced over.

vCash
    Here we go, ladies and gentlemen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    Wx guys... I am heading home from flying in GoM Tuesday morning around 5 am (before sunrise). Going to be heading from Galliano,La to Brandon,MS all I55. Not looking forward to it. From our in house reports it looks like the problem area will be Mccomb and North on 55. I hope with the traffic, by the time I get there the sun will be up. What are y?all seeing forecast wise
    Interesting. Hope you make it. All flights from my platform have been cancelled for the next few days. We aren't letting anyone crew change until this is over. PHI says may be Saturday before we get our folks out due to backed up flights.
    Glad I'm home.

vCash
    SVD, have any of the models been doing a better job than the others with this system ? Also I would like to join the others in thanking you for taking the time to keep us informed . I know you would probably warn me and others not to do so but I look forward to your take and comments more than I do the weather "services". Please keep up the good work.

vCash
    I reside in the ?extreme threat? area for icing. I hope that it will transition to sleet and snow quickly and lesson the ice threat a bit. I never thought I would ever become concerned about a winter storm, but here I am.

vCash

All good

Thanks man, figured as much. Looks like the options are to be an idiot and chance the last hour of the drive to either place or hunker down in bham til at least Wednesday but hell a degree or two lower on Wednesday and I'm stranded there til the wknd it looks like.

vCash
    Appreciate y'all's info! How you think it's going to be for us here in Jones county? Thanks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    SVD, have any of the models been doing a better job than the others with this system ? Also I would like to join the others in thanking you for taking the time to keep us informed . I know you would probably warn me and others not to do so but I look forward to your take and comments more than I do the weather "services". Please keep up the good work.
    Not really. Even this evening there's a huge discrepancy. The GFS first called this storm a couple weeks ago so I'll give it credit for that. The euro has been garbage this time out. In the medium range models the NAM hasn't been too bad I don't guess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Appreciate y'all's info! How you think it's going to be for us here in Jones county? Thanks!
    I would prepare for a major icing event. Things are set up textbook for maximum icing accumulation.

vCash
    Always appreciate your info, Vegas. What would be the reason for the Extreme area by the NWS and then just to the east of there they are showing the same as they are to the west of the Extreme area (2 to 6 inches of sleet and snow). Local Jackson meteorologists haven't mentioned anything about the Extreme designation on their twitter feeds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    Always appreciate your info, Vegas. What would be the reason for the Extreme area by the NWS and then just to the east of there they are showing the same as they are to the west of the Extreme area (2 to 6 inches of sleet and snow). Local Jackson meteorologists haven't mentioned anything about the Extreme designation on their twitter feeds.
    The extreme area is for an expected band of freezing rain to set up. The red for 6" will be to the west of the extreme area and to the East it will be closer to the 2".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    The extreme area is for an expected band of freezing rain to set up. The red for 6" will be to the west of the extreme area and to the East it will be closer to the 2".
    Thanks! Man, I pray that doesn't materialize.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yjnkdawg View Post
    Thanks! Man, I pray that doesn't materialize.
    Just reading some information from a Jackson NWS met and he was saying, while not likely, some parts of the delta may see over a foot of snow.

vCash

Last edited by dstatechamps; 02-14-2021 at 07:25 PM.

vCash
    I would prepare for a major icing event. Things are set up textbook for maximum icing accumulation.
    I hate to hear that but very much appreciate the info. Thanks again, y'all are invaluable!

vCash
    Just reading some information from a Jackson NWS met and he was saying, while not likely, some parts of the delta may see over a foot of snow.
    Don't forget about Thrusday and friday.

vCash
    Icy rain just started here in W. Monroe, I'm about 3/4 mi. from I-20.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Last edited by dstatechamps; 02-14-2021 at 07:25 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Don't forget about Thrusday and friday.
    Just doing one storm at a time. The next one may be confined to the NW delta although at least one model is sending another major ice storm through the same area as this one.

vCash
    Just doing one storm at a time. The next one may be confined to the NW delta although at least one model is sending another major ice storm through the same area as this one.
    A worse problem for next weekend is if the temps warm up then refreeze black Ice will form.