Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Significant ice storm to potentially unfold Monday

vCash
    Light snow and freezing rain have now entered the MS Delta moving NE and will over spread north MS as the day goes on. This is not the main event. This is just the appetizer portion of the event, but could still produce a few slick spots.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintDawg View Post
    SVD, thanks for everything you do. Your info is invaluable.
    I appreciate I that. You, too, Confucius and all the others that have given words of thanks and encouragement. Sounds weird but bad weather is my escape. If I need to de-stress and unwind just give me a thunderstorm.

vCash
    Thanks SVD, I look to you more than typical weather reporting.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Thanks SVD. Once we get past the Monday weather event, would like to hear your thoughts on driving conditions along I-20 between MS and Arlington on Thursday as there are many of us hoping to make that drive.

vCash
    Starting to get reports of ice covered roads in the Tupelo and Corinth areas. This is due to light freezing rain and freezing fog. Alcorn, Itawamba, and Lee counties are the ones I have seen specifically mentioned.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
    Thanks SVD. Once we get past the Monday weather event, would like to hear your thoughts on driving conditions along I-20 between MS and Arlington on Thursday as there are many of us hoping to make that drive.
    May have to remind me. Early take is that it will depend on the midweek system. Here in MS it's possible it will be rain or mixed with rain, but I'm not sure about LA and TX.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Houston TX has projected 5 inches of snow!

vCash
    About to leave Starkville for Jackson. Are we in the clear if we leave Starkville by 10?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HaggardDawg View Post
    About to leave Starkville for Jackson. Are we in the clear if we leave Starkville by 10?
    I would think so. All the issues currently look to be in the north part of the state.

vCash
    Thanks SVD. I have a wife and two younguns in the car and after seeing the videos in Ft. Worth, I'm freaked out a little about driving but we'll take it slow

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HaggardDawg View Post
    Thanks SVD. I have a wife and two younguns in the car and after seeing the videos in Ft. Worth, I'm freaked out a little about driving but we'll take it slow
    Watch bridges and if you see anything falling realize it is not melting and forming ice on the roads.

vCash
    I'm now seeing sleet and freezing rain popping around and SW of Jackson. No reports on whether it's reaching the ground, but it looks like Jackson might not be perfectly safe. Hopefully the interstate stays ok for you.

vCash
    You can go to MSDOT and they have all road reports and Cameras, a few of which are working, to get current conditions. Check out the cameras around southhaven/

vCash
    Hospital here in Jackson is bunking us up tonight so people can work tomorrow. Nervous about leaving the wife home with all the young boys, but not like I can call out. Only thing I worry about is them losing power and me being stuck up at the hospital for several days

vCash

Land in Birmingham tonight...

Hey man, I land in Birmingham around 6:15 tonight. Probably be out of there around 6:45 and head towards Starkville or Fulton, ms. How bad are you thinking it will be headed to either of those 2 places? Would one be safer you think?

vCash
    Wx guys... I am heading home from flying in GoM Tuesday morning around 5 am (before sunrise). Going to be heading from Galliano,La to Brandon,MS all I55. Not looking forward to it. From our in house reports it looks like the problem area will be Mccomb and North on 55. I hope with the traffic, by the time I get there the sun will be up. What are y’all seeing forecast wise

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Starting to get reports of ice covered roads in the Tupelo and Corinth areas. This is due to light freezing rain and freezing fog. Alcorn, Itawamba, and Lee counties are the ones I have seen specifically mentioned.

My wife and I went through there this morning on our way home from Muscle shoals. It was a long ride. Went 40 mph from Corinth to Hwy 302 in DeSoto Co. I69 and I55 were in great shape. Also I appreciate all the info you give us.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    I55 is closed in both directions near Terry. Had 4 wrecks and they shut it down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
    Hey man, I land in Birmingham around 6:15 tonight. Probably be out of there around 6:45 and head towards Starkville or Fulton, ms. How bad are you thinking it will be headed to either of those 2 places? Would one be safer you think?
    Hope your car can ice skate. Not trying to be a smartass but it looks like Starkville is about an hour away from precip onset. Already had some light flurries. Once it starts I expect road conditions to take a dive in a hurry. Major highways will be last but even they won't last much longer. North MS is already getting ice covered roads so Starkville would be better than Fulton but by then I'm not sure by how much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSteel16 View Post
    Wx guys... I am heading home from flying in GoM Tuesday morning around 5 am (before sunrise). Going to be heading from Galliano,La to Brandon,MS all I55. Not looking forward to it. From our in house reports it looks like the problem area will be Mccomb and North on 55. I hope with the traffic, by the time I get there the sun will be up. What are y’all seeing forecast wise
    Tuesday morning will not be any better. It will be the coldest part of arctic outbreak and that will flash freeze any precip on the roads.