Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miss. State vs Kentucky (Women's Basketball)

vCash

Miss. State vs Arkansas (Women's Basketball)

Gameday
    Miss. State vs Arkansas (8:00 pm, Fayetteville, Arkansas)

Starting 5
    - Myah Taylor
    - Aliyah Matharu
    - Rickea Jackson
    - Madison Hayes
    - Jessika Carter
    Last edited by jdelta02; 02-14-2021 at 11:22 AM.

vCash
    Over 5 minutes in and we still don't have a 2-pointer. Three 3's though (all Myah Taylor).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jdelta02 View Post
    Gameday
    Miss. State vs Arkansas (8:00 pm, Fayetteville, Arkansas)

Starting 5
    - Myah Taylor
    - Aliyah Matharu
    - Rickea Jackson
    - Madison Hayes
    - Jessika Carter
    Worst waste of talent in the country. We get the Covid excuse now but that ain't got nothing to do with it.

vCash
    Horrible charging call by refs. Can refs get any worse on these calls?

vCash
    It was a good run.

vCash
    Halftime
    Miss. State 38
    Arkansas 45

Myah Taylor 11 pts, 4 rbs, 4 assists

vCash
    Final
    Miss. State 80
    Arkansas 86

Myah Taylor 22 pts, 7 assists, 6 rbs, 1 stl, 2 to
    Aliyah Matharu 17 pts, 2 assists, 1 stl, 4 to
    Rickea Jackson 14 pts, 7 rbs, 3 assists,1 stl, 7 to
    Jessika Carter 11 pts, 5 rbs, 2 assists, 1 stl, 2 to
    Madison Hayes 8 pts, 5 rbs,1 blk, 0 to
    JaMya Mingo-Young 5 pts, 1 rb, 2 assists, 1 stl, 1 to
    Caterrion Thompson 3 pts, 1 rb, 0 to

Miss. State with 18 turnovers
    Arkansas ...13 turnovers
    Slocum 26 pts for Arkansas
    Dungee 22 pts for Arkansas
    Last edited by jdelta02; 02-14-2021 at 11:29 AM.

vCash
    Fire her

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Fire her
    We should, but ask yourself if you think Cohen should be able to hire another coach? I've said it before, I hate to bash the guy (I know he loves MSU) but at some point you gotta admit the obvious. It's unfortunate but it is what it is at this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph Dupree View Post
    We should, but ask yourself if you think Cohen should be able to hire another coach? I've said it before, I hate to bash the guy (I know he loves MSU) but at some point you gotta admit the obvious. It's unfortunate but it is what it is at this point.
    John Cohen is a worse AD than Nikki is a coach. But they both suck! I also don't believe he's got the balls to pull the trigger. This has been as bad or worse than Moorhead
    Our president doesn't have the balls to make an AD change either. He's worthless too.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 02-11-2021 at 11:47 PM.

Banned
    vCash
    John Cohen hiring of Lemonis was a good hire but the way he handled it was atrocious. The leach hire was a good one. The NMP was an awful hire. The Moorhead hire was an awful. So far he has a D grade based on this. Pretty bad. He should be fired.

vCash
    In less than a season our program
    has been destroyed. No excuses this wasn't a "rebuild" situation. All she had to do was steer the ship and she's run it aground. Smh.

vCash
    Pitiful, just pitiful. Fire her now. She just sits there all game. No coaching whatsoever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    In less than a season our program
    has been destroyed. No excuses this wasn't a "rebuild" situation. All she had to do was steer the ship and she's run it aground. Smh.
    Agree. This should be a mid season firing and let an assistant take over. She's destroying one of our best programs in record time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Agree. This should be a mid season firing and let an assistant take over. She's destroying one of our best programs in record time.
    Crazy how quickly bad leadership can trash a program. I generally like giving coaches a chance to do their thing but this team was already in place to win now and she's destroyed it that quick. It's clear she's not the answer. If she can't win with the talent she has now, she'll never win. Absolutely amazing.

vCash
    Don?t we have like 3 former McDonald AA?s on the roster? Lol. It?s insane how fast NMP has sunken this program. We?re what like 8-6 right now. Won?t be shocked at all if OM beats us Sunday. That?d be 5 straight losses and the first time OM had beaten us in FOREVER. We lost 1 person that really made an impact last season, Danberry. The other 2 that transferred weren?t getting significant minutes and had been pretty well passed over. So that ain?t an excuse. This roster was ready to be the usual contender, but 2nd fiddle to USCe but give them hail type of team and a for sure tourney team with maybe Elite 8-ish type potential. Now we might not even make the tourney lol.

Yeah if she can?t win with what she got now, she ain?t ever gonna win. It?s baaaddddd. When?s the last time we only had effort to brag on for the women?s team? And that?s just tonight. Tonight was the first time they actually hustled in forever to me. NMP ain?t it....idk who is at this point but give her next season & it?s gonna be JoMo 2019 season alllllllll over again where you know what?s coming but you play it out anyways and drag it out a little longer and it?s just agonizing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    It could well be too late to salvage the program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Crazy how quickly bad leadership can trash a program. I generally like giving coaches a chance to do their thing but this team was already in place to win now and she's destroyed it that quick. It's clear she's not the answer. If she can't win with the talent she has now, she'll never win. Absolutely amazing.
    I was just stunned at the lack of off side help on defense. No fundamental what so ever on defense. The kicker was with less than 7 seconds before half, timeout by the Hogs. They come out in a wide 1-2-2 offensive set, ball is at the top of the key and girl makes a move and drives to middle of lane and lays it up. No help or attempt to stop the ball but that has been going on all season. It's shocking for me as an ex basketball Coach. After that, the second half time after time the Hogs played one on one and we couldn't defend anyone inside nor outside. Nikki needs to go for lack of fundamentals and no discipline with lack of effort! Talk about a lazy soft program, shocking!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I was just stunned at the lack of off side help on defense. No fundamental what so ever on defense. The kicker was with less than 7 seconds before half, timeout by the Hogs. They come out in a wide 1-2-2 offensive set, ball is at the top of the key and girl makes a move and drives to middle of lane and lays it up. No help or attempt to stop the ball but that has been going on all season. It's shocking for me as an ex basketball Coach. After that, the second half time after time the Hogs played one on one and we couldn't defend anyone inside nor outside. Nikki needs to go for lack of fundamentals and no discipline with lack of effort! Talk about a lazy soft program, shocking!
    Great post! You nailed it! When I look at how teams play for a coach I look at how sound fundamentally they are and how hard they play. And this team is weak in both departments. Sad how quick this has happened!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    It could well be too late to salvage the program.
    In the era of transfer portal, Covid, BLM and everything else, yeah it is too late. Even if we did, with Cohen making next hire, it wouldn't matter. After Moorhead hire and now you destroy the best program on campus, Cohen has to go. He not only buried our WBB program, he put us in a spot to stay buried for years not being able to fire and move on.

The Pat Summit coaching tree is what the hire was based on; how bad is that? Most of Pat Summit explayers have been terrible coaches. That don't mean nothing.