Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Petal and Madison Central Coaches.

vCash
    Who you know always matters.

But Sam did an incredible job at Ridgeland. He took over a meh program (at best) and was in north state in year two. Had he flopped at Ridgeland, he wouldn't have kept climbing.

vCash
    He was in North State year 1. This will be there 3rd coach in 3 years. (RHS that is)

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    NW Rankin posts head coach/ AD job open. I?m assuming Collums is headed to Madison Central.

vCash
    Steve is reporting Toby Collums to Madison Central

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    NW Rankin posts head coach/ AD job open. I?m assuming Collums is headed to Madison Central.
    Wonder if they would rehire Tyler

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    Steve is reporting Toby Collums to Madison Central
    Great pickup for MC. I?m curious the direction NWR goes. So what big jobs are still open?

vCash
    NW Rankin, Petal, and Ridgeland are open

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Hmmm... someone suggested this a week or so ago.
    Doesn?t Coach Davis have his time needed for retirement in the state system? If so, I can?t imagine him going back. Barring some monster payday he couldn?t turn down somewhere, he is in a very good situation at MRA. His local talent pool in the Madison area is already huge. Also, with the way they are winning, the schedule they are playing, and the offense they run he is going to continue to attract players from outside the immediate location.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by captaindog View Post
    Doesn?t Coach Davis have his time needed for retirement in the state system? If so, I can?t imagine him going back. Barring some monster payday he couldn?t turn down somewhere, he is in a very good situation at MRA. His local talent pool in the Madison area is already huge. Also, with the way they are winning, the schedule they are playing, and the offense they run he is going to continue to attract players from outside the immediate location.
    I like coach Davis and was coached by him. He is a great coach, don't get me wrong but he is also great at jumping ship if the talent level is falling off a bit and landing at a school that is loaded up. He has followed Termie Land from Heritage to Pillow and now MRA. I know he left termie for a bit and went down to BA for a bit I believe.

vCash
    Great pickup for MC. I?m curious the direction NWR goes. So what big jobs are still open?
    I don't know a lot about him. Does he run an innovative offense? Or is he another run first guy?

Niblett would have gotten me excited.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Devin cooper at Scott Central will get an interview at Petal. As will Tyler Peterson. I expect Madison central to hire the guy at Northwest Rankin.
    Blind squirrel and such.
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    I don't think Herbert has a ton of time in the MS retirement system. I know he had short stints at Ocean Springs and at Lawrence County but I think the rest of his career has been at private schools.
    Other than for retirement purposes I can't see him leaving MRA right now. He's a hero there for beating Prep.

vCash
    Herbert isnt leaving MRA until he has to. He gets paid well and its easy to win there. He has no public school retirement.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    I like coach Davis and was coached by him. He is a great coach, don't get me wrong but he is also great at jumping ship if the talent level is falling off a bit and landing at a school that is loaded up. He has followed Termie Land from Heritage to Pillow and now MRA. I know he left termie for a bit and went down to BA for a bit I believe.
    Not sure about Bayou, but Davis coached at IA in mid/late 90's. Followed Riley Myers, I believe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Herbert isnt leaving MRA until he has to. He gets paid well and its easy to win there. He has no public school retirement.
    Thanks to all. I assumed he would have previously coached in the state system. I?m not sure of his age but it would likely not be financially beneficial for him to make the switch. He is in a very good situation right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaChicagoDog View Post
    Not sure about Bayou, but Davis coached at IA in mid/late 90's. Followed Riley Myers, I believe.
    yes- Herbert coached at Indianola- played them when I was at Heritage in the early 90's

Archimedes
    vCash
    Cooper is in the drivers seat for Northwest. Could be named early next week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    yes- Herbert coached at Indianola- played them when I was at Heritage in the early 90's
    Did you coach at heritage 95 96? Before Weeks? I played for Weeks at Leake and heritage was our conference

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Did you coach at heritage 95 96? Before Weeks? I played for Weeks at Leake and heritage was our conference
    I was the HC at Lamar then. Weeks is my buddy. Good dude

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I think he's going to have a hard time getting a big 6A job without a lot of help.
    He got the NWR job.
    Romans 5:8