Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vikings Need Dak

vCash

Vikings Need Dak

Right now they have a highly-paid, immobile QB. Dak needs a breath of fresh air

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Indndawg View Post
    Right now they have a highly-paid, immobile QB. Dak needs a breath of fresh air
    If Dak leaves Dallas, I'd much rather he go to the Saints but I don't think he's leaving this year.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    I wouldn?t like the Vikings. Zimmer is an old school coach who likes running the ball and defense

vCash
    Dak does not want to leave Dallas. They do have the makings of a good team. They just need a few more pieces here and there but most teams are like that.

His endorsements might not completely dry up but I doubt he wants to jeopardize the $50 million plus he gets every year from those endorsements.

His salary is just part of the gig and is not even half what he truly makes.

Now, it's just about getting what you can and building it as much as you can. When you get enough, do you stop? If you do, then what?

vCash
    Dak was completely left out of the 2021 hype video that Dallas released following the end of the super bowl. I don't know what that means, but that is no accident, and it has caused quite a bit of fuss here in Dallas. Regardless of what happens, negotiations are not going good right now from what I hear.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    Dak was completely left out of the 2021 hype video that Dallas released following the end of the super bowl. I don't know what that means, but that is no accident, and it has caused quite a bit of fuss here in Dallas. Regardless of what happens, negotiations are not going good right now from what I hear.
    He gone

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    He gone
    You don't think he will be the qb in 2021? I'll take that bet.

vCash
    How much more $$$$ in endorsements would Dak make long term being the QB of the Cowboys compared to Vikings, Saints, Bears, etc?

vCash
    He would give that offense a definite boost. They have a ton of weapons with Cook, Thielen, Jefferson, Rudolph but the QB holds them back. He would be a good fit in a few different spots right now, Saints included.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    You don't think he will be the qb in 2021? I'll take that bet.
    Unless the video is being used as a strong arm bargaining chip it was done purposefully indicating that his return is in doubt. There are enough dumbass Cowboy fans calling for him to leave that it may happen. I hope he goes somewhere else and wins a Super Bowl in two season. And that the Cowboys never win a game again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Unless the video is being used as a strong arm bargaining chip it was done purposefully indicating that his return is in doubt. There are enough dumbass Cowboy fans calling for him to leave that it may happen. I hope he goes somewhere else and wins a Super Bowl in two season. And that the Cowboys never win a game again.
    There's not many places he could go now and win a SB. Dallas is probably his best shot to do that. They're a couple of defensive pieces away when healthy. Anywhere outside of SF, Ind, or maybe Minn if he could get a trade there and it would be tough to win with the restrictions a massive contract would put on a salary cap.

vCash
    No team is coming in and offering a lot for Dak coming off that injury. Not with 5 1st rd QBs available this draft. Dak likely plays this year then bolts if he truly wants out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    No team is coming in and offering a lot for Dak coming off that injury. Not with 5 1st rd QBs available this draft. Dak likely plays this year then bolts if he truly wants out.
    See the Jared Goff trade

vCash
    He'd kind of be stupid not to just go ahead and be tagged if they can't get the contract done. I mean it's like 37 mil and it's fully guaranteed. And if he plays well next year then the big money offers will come rolling in because right now you could argue that's he's probably in that top tier of QBs just by virtue of sitting out. A lot of shine was taken off Goff and Wentz this year. If I had to rank the QBs right now I'd probably go:

1. Mahomes
    2. Brady
    3. Rodgers
    4. Wilson
    5. Watson
    6. Allen
    7. Jackson
    8. Stafford
    9. Dak
    10. Ryan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    He'd kind of be stupid not to just go ahead and be tagged if they can't get the contract done. I mean it's like 37 mil and it's fully guaranteed. And if he plays well next year then the big money offers will come rolling in because right now you could argue that's he's probably in that top tier of QBs just by virtue of sitting out. A lot of shine was taken off Goff and Wentz this year. If I had to rank the QBs right now I'd probably go:

1. Mahomes
    2. Brady
    3. Rodgers
    4. Wilson
    5. Watson
    6. Allen
    7. Jackson
    8. Stafford
    9. Dak
    10. Ryan
    And before the injury Dak led the NFL in passing by a wide margin. It took the next man up 3 extra games to pass him for the NFL lead in yards.

vCash

1. Mahomes
    2. Brady
    3. Rodgers
    4. Wilson
    5. Watson
    6. Allen
    7. Jackson
    8. Stafford
    9. Dak
    10. Ryan
    Huh?

The absolute slobber fest Watson gets makes me chuckle. Ok...he put up great stats in a year when his team absolutely blew...and every talking head on TV praises him for it. Meanwhile, Dak did literally the EXACT same thing last year and his 5 games played this year, yet he is dismissed by most talking heads, constantly qualifying everything they have to say about him and how good of a QB he is. "he can't elevate his team", "he can't will them to win", "he can't run/pass block, catch his own passes, and play defense, what a ****ing scrub!". Why Watson is worshiped, yet Dak is reduced baffles me. (not all of that was directed at you Steve, lol).

I'm not sold on Allen.

Stafford? Nah....

Jackson. Mark it down; he's been figured out, and will remain so until he can throw the ball like an NFL QB. His coaches are doing him zero favors by allowing him to run up the gut like a RB all damn game. Not only is his body taking punishment, he's using that offense as a crutch to not develop his passing game. That's a significant difference between Lamar and Dak; Dak has literally gotten better as a passer every year in the league, and he really doesn't run much, despite being labeled as an "option QB" out of college. He's turned into a legit pocket passer, something a whole lotta people said he would never become. Jackson on the other hand, hasn't developed his passing game beyond the play-action game and a few simple reads.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Huh?

The absolute slobber fest Watson gets makes me chuckle. Ok...he put up great stats in a year when his team absolutely blew...and every talking head on TV praises him for it. Meanwhile, Dak did literally the EXACT same thing last year and his 5 games played this year, yet he is dismissed by most talking heads, constantly qualifying everything they have to say about him and how good of a QB he is. "he can't elevate his team", "he can't will them to win", "he can't run/pass block, catch his own passes, and play defense, what a ****ing scrub!". Why Watson is worshiped, yet Dak is reduced baffles me. (not all of that was directed at you Steve, lol).

I'm not sold on Allen.

Stafford? Nah....

Jackson. Mark it down; he's been figured out, and will remain so until he can throw the ball like an NFL QB. His coaches are doing him zero favors by allowing him to run up the gut like a RB all damn game. Not only is his body taking punishment, he's using that offense as a crutch to not develop his passing game. That's a significant difference between Lamar and Dak; Dak has literally gotten better as a passer every year in the league, and he really doesn't run much, despite being labeled as an "option QB" out of college. He's turned into a legit pocket passer, something a whole lotta people said he would never become. Jackson on the other hand, hasn't developed his passing game beyond the play-action game and a few simple reads.
    Dak has Cooper, Lamb, Gallup, Zeke(no matter what you might think of him he takes pressure of Dak and the passing game), and a good line. While I agree that some of the love for Watson is unwarranted, he has none of those things and him and Dak were basically even when he had Hopkins. I believe Watson with weapons is a top 5 QB.

Allen is legit and will be for a long time.

Stafford is a gunslinger and I believe will elevate the Rams akin to Brady with the Bucs. I don't think he'll take them to the SB, but they're going to be dangerous next year.

Lamar may be figured out to an extent, but he's still good for 5-6 electrifying plays a game. Simple fact is that they're a playoff team with him and dog**** team without him.

vCash
    Dak has Cooper, Lamb, Gallup, Zeke, and a good line.
    I stopped reading here.**

Just kidding, obviously, but dude....have you followed the Cowboys? Was their O-line elite Dak's rookie season? Absolutely. Has it been a very fast down hill slide since (the last year or two being especially horrendous)? ****. Yes.

Edited to add: there isn't a bigger myth in the NFL than Dallas having a top tier O-line...yet another thing I see talking heads spout off as if they actually watch the game to hold against Dak.
    Last edited by BeardoMSU; 02-10-2021 at 05:43 PM.

vCash
    A lot of teams will pay Dak big money to be their Qb this year. I think you underestimate the value in a Top-10 Qb in the NFL...Dak will either be tagged for the 37 million, then make equal to or more next year or if traded he will make that much in a place like San Francisco or Denver this year.

vCash

1. Mahomes
    2. Brady
    3. Rodgers
    4. Wilson
    5. Watson
    6. Allen
    7. Jackson
    8. Stafford
    9. Dak
    10. Ryan
    This is one of the worst takes I have seen on this site in some time.

Don't you think Dak might want to sign a long term deal now just in case his ankle injury proves to be a long-term problem. He would be stupid not to try and get a deal now.

The fact that you put Dak 10th makes me think you are a local cowboys fan. He and Watson aren't in the same sphere and soon everyone is going to realize this. You realize Dak was leading most QB statistical categories before the injury right? He was putting up mvp numbers.