Thread: Weekend Baseball Scrimmages

vCash

Weekend Baseball Scrimmages

Anybody attend? Thoughts?

vCash
    Cerantola has turned the corner. Very loose. He threw 40 pitches, 31 strikes. Look for him to have a huge year.

With our excellent pitching, our offense is a little underrated right now.

I think Skinner will start in CF and Lane Forsythe at 3B.

vCash
    How bad is skinner hurt?

vCash
    40 pitches with 31 strikes? Wow, that is very encouraging.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    How bad is skinner hurt?
    According to Jean, twisted his wrist. Shouldn't be too serious.

vCash
    Unless 8 of those balls were to 2 guys and 20 of the strikes were fouled off.****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MsStateBaseball View Post
    Cerantola has turned the corner. Very loose. He threw 40 pitches, 31 strikes. Look for him to have a huge year.

With our excellent pitching, our offense is a little underrated right now.

I think Skinner will start in CF and Lane Forsythe at 3B.
    Heard some baseball expert other day get asked how good Cerantola can be or is. He said he is a top 5 talent and he could be the #1 pick next year. That is how high this guy was on him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Heard some baseball expert other day get asked how good Cerantola can be or is. He said he is a top 5 talent and he could be the #1 pick next year. That is how high this guy was on him.
    It was Aaron Fitt on Sports Talk.

vCash
    He has 3 devastating pitches and is tall and lanky with a good frame. I said his freshman season that he could be a high first round pick based solely on body and talent and that he was probably a better prospect than JT because of his size. As far as harnessing it all and having good command, we’ll see. I think him handling 3 or 4 good quality teams consecutively might give him the shot in the arm mentally that he needs. He’ll get a chance to gain some confidence first time out.

vCash
    I disagree on top five. However, I think we could see Cerentola and MacLeoud both go in the first round with strong seasons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I disagree on top five. However, I think we could see Cerentola and MacLeoud both go in the first round with strong seasons.
    I am a little confused by the post. He said a possible top pick next year but does he mean this year?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    I am a little confused by the post. He said a possible top pick next year but does he mean this year?
    I think he means that everyone gets last year as a free year so he could come back next year. However if he had a year like Stratton or Hudson did I can't see him coming back and trying to be a top five pick. Or even a year like Kendall Graveman had honestly.