Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NET Rises to 73: LSU with a 42 NET is Next

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I'm not getting any hopes up on ncaa, but I can see an opening for the NIT if we win tomorrow. NIT has been my goal all season with a transition team.
    Our only hope for the NCAA Tournament is get hot and win the SEC Tournament, which as bad the SEC is this year isn't out of the realm of possibility. I'm unsure if we'll even see an NIT this year. 11-7 in conference would be a nice building block for next year though.

vCash
    SEC is projected to get 6 teams in- how is that bad? Plus we won the matchup-with the Big 12
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    That's gonna be tough.

Just looking ahead, it appears OM gets a full week to prepare for us while we have to play at auburn next Tuesday night. If we wanna get to 11-7, we basically have to win the next 4: LSU, vandy, at auburn, and at OM. If we lose 1 of these, we have to beat Bama, and obviously, beat SC and aTm too.
    Yea it will be tough for sure. I think the best path is to win your 4 home games (LSU, vandy, usce, bama) and then 2 of 3 on the road against auburn, OM, Aggie.

Get the turnover problem under control and we have a shot. Devion has our lowest turnover margin, so more of him at the point could help. Attack the press.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    SEC is projected to get 6 teams in- how is that bad? Plus we won the matchup-with the Big 12
    I mean record-wise I guess it's a good conference, but I don't look at any team in the SEC and think, "Damn that team is stout". Bama has looked terrible lately, Mizzou is smoke and mirrors, Tennessee is mehh, Arkansas could be good, and Florida is not the same without Johnson. That's the top 5 teams in the league and we've beaten two of them, should've beaten UT and were in the game with Bama. I mean we played bad and should've beaten Tennessee, and I don't think it's because we're a good team. The SEC might get in six, but I don't see but one, MAYBE two even winning a game.

vCash
    You feeling better? Saw you were sick on Twitter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I mean record-wise I guess it's a good conference, but I don't look at any team in the SEC and think, "Damn that team is stout". Bama has looked terrible lately, Mizzou is smoke and mirrors, Tennessee is mehh, Arkansas could be good, and Florida is not the same without Johnson. That's the top 5 teams in the league and we've beaten two of them, should've beaten UT and were in the game with Bama. I mean we played bad and should've beaten Tennessee, and I don't think it's because we're a good team. The SEC might get in six, but I don't see but one, MAYBE two even winning a game.
    Outside of Gonzaga and Baylor every team has had it ups and owns.. when is the last time (if ever) has UNC , Duke, Kansas, Michigan St, Kentucky and Indiana were all unranked..

SEC is arguably the 2nd best conference outside the The Big 10

And with MSU, Before the season started damn near every expect had this team picked to finish near the bottom of the league . I doubt any of them had us projected to finish 9-9 or better..
    9-9 is a solid season with all things considered. Anything north of that is gravy...

Let’s win the next 2 and see if we can ride that momentum into Aub and Oxford .. win those 2 and things start getting very interesting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Outside of Gonzaga and Baylor every team has had it ups and owns.. when is the last time (if ever) has UNC , Duke, Kansas, Michigan St, Kentucky and Indiana were all unranked..

And with MSU, Before the season started damn near every expect had this team picked to finish near the bottom of the league . I doubt any of them had us projected to finish 9-9 or better..
    9-9 is a solid season with all things considered. Anything north of that is gravy...

Let’s win the next 2 and see if we can ride that momentum into Aub and Oxford .. win those 2 and things start getting very interesting
    I'm not trying to be a downer here, but let's be realistic....those two teams zone press more than any 2 teams in the SEC outside of Arkansas. Unless we make a 6 year improvement in two games in regards to handling a press I just don't see us having a whole lot of success. Our only hope is that our shooters career it for a two game stretch and you're able to shoot them out of it.

vCash

The top 15 teams in all-time wins are currently unranked. It has never happened before. Illinois (16), Texas (17), Villanova (21), and West VA (22) are the only teams in the Top 25 winningest programs that are ranked.

And a nugget for the Stans crowd - Western Kentucky is #15 all-time in wins while MSU is somewhere outside of the top 50. They have more wins all-time than any SEC school not located in Kentucky.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    I'm not trying to be a downer here, but let's be realistic....those two teams zone press more than any 2 teams in the SEC outside of Arkansas. Unless we make a 6 year improvement in two games in regards to handling a press I just don't see us having a whole lot of success. Our only hope is that our shooters career it for a two game stretch and you're able to shoot them out of it.
    Well apparently we figured it out last year at home when we won by 25
    And we figured it out in 2019 when we won at OM by 6

vCash
    I think we have a chance to win all the rest except for Ole Miss and Bama. Unfortunately, we will probably lose to Auburn and TAMU too due to bad match ups for us. I actually think we have a better chance to beat LSU

vCash
    We're favored by 2.5 against LSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    I think we have a chance to win all the rest except for Ole Miss and Bama. Unfortunately, we will probably lose to Auburn and TAMU too due to bad match ups for us. I actually think we have a better chance to beat LSU
    Except for OM?? Ok

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    You feeling better? Saw you were sick on Twitter.
    Heart issues. We'll see

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    And a nugget for the Stans crowd - Western Kentucky is #15 all-time in wins while MSU is somewhere outside of the top 50. They have more wins all-time than any SEC school not located in Kentucky.
    Stands is the worst coach at WK in the last 50 years

vCash
    Stands is the worst coach at WK in the last 50 years
    Maybe you meant last 5 years-

Ray Harper
    2011-12 Western Kentucky 11-8 6-7 3rd (East) NCAA Round of 64
    2012-13 Western Kentucky 20-16 10-10 4th (East)[11] NCAA Round of 64
    2013-14 Western Kentucky 21-11 12-6 2nd
    2015-16 Western Kentucky 18-16 8-10 8th
    Western Kentucky: 90-63 (.588) 48-39 (.552)

Rick Stansbury
    2016-17 Western Kentucky 15-17 9-9 T-7th
    2017-18 Western Kentucky 27-11 14-4 3rd NIT Semifinal
    2018-19 Western Kentucky 20-14 11-7 T-2nd
    2019-20 Western Kentucky 20-10 13-5 T-2nd
    2020-21 Western Kentucky 13-4 6-2
    Western Kentucky: 95-56 (.629) 53-27 (.663)

vCash
    Heart issues. We'll see
    Sorry bout that. Too many years of being a state fan.

Seriously though, hope you get better soon

vCash
    Except for OM?? Ok
    Ok

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    Ok
    You don't think there is any possible chance we beat OM? Like 0 % chance?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    You don't think there is any possible chance we beat OM? Like 0 % chance?
    They half court press and play aggressive defense so no chance. Plus Kermit always has this game circled. And throw in the fact that they have postseason hopes now. It could get ugly.

vCash
    Great call PCH and msugolf. It's almost like saying "no chance" is stupid. Great call guys