Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MSU vs USCe basketball..

vCash
    Post showed good hands there even though he ended up dragging the pivot foot

vCash
    This is such a "what might have been" season. We could easily be NCAA Tournament bound if we'd just played to our potential and not choked away easier games.

vCash
    Ado seeemed surprised to get the ball, then slammed it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Ado seeemed surprised to get the ball, then slammed it.
    Only shot I want him and Mathews taking

vCash
    We've played well today. Howland has found something with Fountain over Matthews and Davis. Post is giving better minutes. D. Smith needs to continue to get better. And we need to back it up against LSU on Wednesday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaoarsking View Post
    This is such a "what might have been" season. We could easily be NCAA Tournament bound if we'd just played to our potential and not choked away easier games.
    It took Howland waaay to long to figure out the rotation. Jalen Johnson and Matthews were getting too many minutes. Cost us the Dayton game and a couple of other wins.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    We've played well today. Howland has found something with Fountain over Matthews and Davis. Post is giving better minutes. D. Smith needs to continue to get better. And we need to back it up against LSU on Wednesday.
    I really don't like that matchup Tuesday. They score so well. Hopefully we can surprise me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    It took Howland waaay to long to figure out the rotation. Jalen Johnson and Matthews were getting too many minutes. Cost us the Dayton game and a couple of other wins.
    Has Johnson played today?

vCash
    Fountain earning mins. Just issued the dagger

vCash
    Great win

vCash
    Lots of family dogs gonna be kicked by state fans tonight... our fanbase hates a howland win

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Great win
    Got to build on it. Came out next week and lay another stinker like that Arkansas game. Find a way to cut down the turnovers.

vCash
    Fountain earning mins. Just issued the dagger
    Coach said after last game that Fountain was going to get more mins.

vCash
    Lot of what if's this season. I am pleased we seeing fountain get some significant minutes. He could be a huge piece next year, we 15 pounds of muscle added. Garcia also is another freshman that has a chance to be really good.
    IMO, Howland will be gone next year regardless. Privately, he's alluded to retiring. Hope he can make a deep run in the NCAA tourney next year and have our job look really attractive to a potential new coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trob115 View Post
    Lot of what if's this season. I am pleased we seeing fountain get some significant minutes. He could be a huge piece next year, we 15 pounds of muscle added. Garcia also is another freshman that has a chance to be really good.
    IMO, Howland will be gone next year regardless. Privately, he's alluded to retiring. Hope he can make a deep run in the NCAA tourney next year and have our job look really attractive to a potential new coach.
    Howland making a tourney, and then walking away next season is a perfect situation for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Coach said after last game that Fountain was going to get more mins.
    Ive been impressed with his play. I dont know if Matthews is d1 material. Maybe he improves and makes me eat crow though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouDawg View Post
    Ive been impressed with his play. I dont know if Matthews is d1 material. Maybe he improves and makes me eat crow though
    I like Matthews. I think he'll be our ado next season. We just can't play 2 ados

vCash
    Howland making a tourney, and then walking away next season is a perfect situation for us.
    About as good as could be asked for by all parties. I will always be grateful for him pulling us out of the dumpster fire. Hopefully he can end it on a high note next season.

vCash
    Lots of family dogs gonna be kicked by state fans tonight... our fanbase hates a howland win
    Not true at all. I love winning. But it's hard to get too high about one win when he repeatedly squanders the momentum that come from those wins. Brian Hadad and Joel T. Coleman have it pegged on their podcast. We do enough to push the ball up the hill, and right when it comes time for us to get over the hump, we drop a big game and the ball comes crashing down. I think Howland is a decent coach. I think he used to be a very good coach. But he's not going to push the ball over the hill at MSU. It just comes down to if we're willing to be okay with that. Some are.

vCash
    I like Matthews. I think he'll be our ado next season. We just can't play 2 ados
    But at least adu makes above half his free throws. I dont know if Matthews is at 10 percent