Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Baseball Starting Lineup

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Dubrule won’t hit at the bottom. Not unless something drastic happens. I’d guess him in the top 6
    We'll see how he does in live action. We have a lot of veterans and if Skinner is leading off it's possible that Dubrule could hit lower in the order.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    This list seems right, there are some players that are going to fight to climb the Ziggurat like KC Hunt, Stone Simmons, Brandon/Cade Smith, Davis Rokose, Riley Self, Tepper

Brandon Smith is one of the most experienced players that is not a Grad like Self and Price. Lots of SEC experience in 2019. Even Sims could got from #4 to #1.
    I think Smith might end up being a midweek starter to begin the year while he rehabs and might move into the rotation depending on how others perform.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    We'll see how he does in live action. We have a lot of veterans and if Skinner is leading off it's possible that Dubrule could hit lower in the order.
    IF Skinner is leading off, then that means he's earned it and we are definitely in GREAT shape offensively... meaning we can feel quite comfortable with 7 of our 9 spots in the batting order. My outlook is getting "woolier" by the minute.

vCash
    Skinner might lead off later in the year. He?s not ready for that yet.

vCash
    Unless I am mistaken, in the most recent interview with Lemonis, he was singing the praises of Dubrule’s hitting abilities. I expect him to start the season in the 1 or 2 spot. However, is it possible that Rowdey leads off with James in the 2 hole?

1. Rowdey
    2. James
    3. TA
    4. Hatcher
    5. Tanner
    6. Dubrule

I think I like Rowdey in the 2 hole more than lead off. I am an arm chair coach though.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    Unless I am mistaken, in the most recent interview with Lemonis, he was singing the praises of Dubrule’s hitting abilities. I expect him to start the season in the 1 or 2 spot. However, is it possible that Rowdey leads off with James in the 2 hole?

1. Rowdey
    2. James
    3. TA
    4. Hatcher
    5. Tanner
    6. Dubrule

I think I like Rowdey in the 2 hole more than lead off. I am an arm chair coach though.
    Rowdey is a MUCH better hitter when he is not leading off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    The amazing thing is that as deep as State is this year, so are all the top SEC teams. So even with this nice staff, a 17-13 SEC record would be a very good season.

Florida, LSU, Georgia, Ole Miss, A&M, and Arkansas are all going to be very good and also deep.
    Starting pitching is a pretty big concern for Arkansas IMO. Especially given how loaded the SEC West is with high-end Friday pitching. Everywhere else should be solid but wouldn't be surprised if it causes the Hogs to finish 4th or so in the West. Of course, that's still probably a top 15 team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WPS View Post
    Starting pitching is a pretty big concern for Arkansas IMO. Especially given how loaded the SEC West is with high-end Friday pitching. Everywhere else should be solid but wouldn't be surprised if it causes the Hogs to finish 4th or so in the West. Of course, that's still probably a top 15 team.
    I expect you guys to be very, very good. Similar issue with hitting like us, Losing a big bopper, 1st rounder like the kid with the Swedish name, kirstead. But you guys always find another. Christian Franklin seems poised for a huge year and is a player any team would want and start.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WPS View Post
    There's going to be one or two west teams that make the tourney that don't host and they're going to be absolute hell in that regional as a two seed.

vCash
    Where do we see ourselves ending up in SEC rankings?

vCash
    3rd or 4th. We have a great shot to win the West. But Florida will sweep many of their series and they will be tough to catch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MsStateBaseball View Post
    3rd or 4th. We have a great shot to win the West. But Florida will sweep many of their series and they will be tough to catch.
    I see Florida get all the love in preseason polls but Vandy is the team to beat for me. Florida was 16-1 last year, nice start. They did not get beat by Texas Southern like we did. But Miami is really not a lock-down power team. That?s the good team they beat a few times before the lockdown

I think being defending National champs is more impressive
    Last edited by The Federalist Engineer; 02-09-2021 at 05:57 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MsStateBaseball View Post
    Speaking of that, does anyone know why in the heck the SEC still has divisions in baseball? Seems kind of pointless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Speaking of that, does anyone know why in the heck the SEC still has divisions in baseball? Seems kind of pointless.
    Why does the SEC have divisions in any sport for that matter?

vCash
    And if Skinner is hurt, we may go with Cumbest. Pimentel has been striking out a LOT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    And if Skinner is hurt, we may go with Cumbest. Pimentel has been striking out a LOT.
    I'm not sold on cumbest. He's a k guy too. Not playing full time hurts him. That's a hole in a lineup. We have 2 holes. Jordan might hit well enough but won't field well enough. And forsythe is the opposite.

vCash
    Homedawg, what is the situation with Kellum Clark?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I'm not sold on cumbest. He's a k guy too. Not playing full time hurts him. That's a hole in a lineup. We have 2 holes. Jordan might hit well enough but won't field well enough. And forsythe is the opposite.
    Lots of players competing for this spot, so Cumbest must be flashing something to take the position.

The candidates:

Skinner, McGowan, McDonald, Grantham, Pimentel to name a few

I wonder if Kace Garner could not emerge at some point if Cumbest and Pimentel do not work out. He's a catcher but I see C/OF listed as his position in JC.

Basically pulling a Gilbert Marshall who was a backup Catcher that took 3B because Gunnar Halter was never going to hit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Lots of players competing for this spot, so Cumbest must be flashing something to take the position.

The candidates:

Skinner, McGowan, McDonald, Grantham, Pimentel to name a few

I wonder if Kace Garner could not emerge at some point if Cumbest and Pimentel do not work out. He's a catcher but I see C/OF listed as his position in JC.

Basically pulling a Gilbert Marshall who was a backup Catcher that took 3B because Gunnar Halter was never going to hit
    Marshall Gilbert

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I think Skinner has the inside track to start when he is healthy. But between Cumbest and Pimentel Lemonis will probably go with Cumbest at this point.