Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Weather guys... Winter Weather next weekend?

vCash

Weather guys... Winter Weather next weekend?

Probably still too far out to call, but news keeps bringing it up. Imma be traveling next weekend. What say you?

vCash
    Iffy*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Iffy*
    You're too iffy....
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    About half of the GFS ensembles are showing winter weather possibilities starting late next week into early the next week. What appears to be of high confidence is we will have repeated shots of arctic air coming into the region while at the same time a line of storm systems will be moving through. What is unknown is if any will time up perfectly to bring winter weather. Odds are at least one of them will, but just too soon to know. What is of concern is a lot of these models are trending more towards the ice side and not snow. We're long overdue for a good ice storm. The advice I gave my mom a couple days ago when this started looking possible is to get some stuff now before it hits the news and the stores become a war zone. Prepare for possible loss of power so have food that doesn't need heating or can be done on a stove top of you have a gas range...she does. Then if the forecast busts you at least have some stuff on hand.

vCash
    I was looking at Windy.com and both models are now showing ice and some snow as far south as Hammond next week. While I am not by any stretch of the imagination an expert, it seems interesting that both long term models seem to be in some agreement. One thing seems almost certain and that is cold weather is coming.

vCash
    Thanks for the info SVD and Dolphus.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AROB44 View Post
    You're too iffy....
    Mother Nature says "I can't be fooled" LOL

vCash
    To give you an idea of the uncertainty, the GFS has 20 ensemble members. The latest run has 3 of them showing significant snow/ice accumulations next weekend, about 4-5 showing light wintry weather, and the rest nothing. Right now it's anybody's guess which one verifies. This is all for the Starkville area by the way.

vCash
    Vegas Dawg, how’s it looking for the Memphis/Covington area. I saw one model where we were getting major snow/ice, but WREG is saying nothing. (Which usually means we’re getting hammered, I swear you can chalk it up. They say nothing to it, we get smashed. They say we’re getting a lot, we won’t see a flake).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Vegas Dawg, how’s it looking for the Memphis/Covington area. I saw one model where we were getting major snow/ice, but WREG is saying nothing. (Which usually means we’re getting hammered, I swear you can chalk it up. They say nothing to it, we get smashed. They say we’re getting a lot, we won’t see a flake).
    Memphis and parts of TN stand a better chance than MS do at this time. Where Starkville had 9/20 models showing possible snow/ice, TN probably has 16/20 showing it at some point next week.

vCash
    Biggest snow I have ever witnessed in West Tn was after going to bed and the weather man saying, little to no accumalation !!!!
    Bulldogs continue domination of Ole Miss
    BY RICK CLEVELAND

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by West Tn Dawg View Post
    Biggest snow I have ever witnessed in West Tn was after going to bed and the weather man saying, little to no accumalation !!!!
    Is Phil Connors your Weatherman? Didn't he predict the blizzard to hit Altoona?

vCash
    Starting to see a little more discussion about next weekend among official sites. Now it may we'll end up 75, sunny, and daffodils blooming but it's starting to pique the interest of the sources I trust...not Bob's Wild world of extreme weather on Facebook.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by West Tn Dawg View Post
    News channel 3 and 5 are horrible. Like I said, if they say we aren’t getting anything, you may as well call in for work the next day. If they say go and buy bread and milk, you may as well get your shorts ready.

I have never seen weather people so bad about calling stuff... I literally watched Dave Brown say one night that it was gonna be mostly sunny, but we may see some clouds and if you did, there may be some thunderstorms. But if the temp dropped quickly, you may see a rain/sleet/snow mix but if it didn’t, it would be all rain, but if not enjoy the sunshine... I was like what he literally just covered everything so he couldn’t be wrong??!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Starting to see a little more discussion about next weekend among official sites. Now it may we'll end up 75, sunny, and daffodils blooming but it's starting to pique the interest of the sources I trust...not Bob's Wild world of extreme weather on Facebook.
    Thanks man, keep us West Tn people updated of you see anything headed our way.

vCash
    It’s going to be the storm of the year, me and the Mrs are supposed to go to the beach for a long weekend. It never fails.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Memphis and parts of TN stand a better chance than MS do at this time. Where Starkville had 9/20 models showing possible snow/ice, TN probably has 16/20 showing it at some point next week.
    How about north central Alabama? We've seen virtually nothing but flurries the entire winter. Only 0.3" totall accumlation so far, and that might be a stretch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Is Phil Connors your Weatherman? Didn't he predict the blizzard to hit Altoona?
    Many, many times. Lol. Great show.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    How about north central Alabama? We've seen virtually nothing but flurries the entire winter. Only 0.3" totall accumlation so far, and that might be a stretch.
    Still got to see how it plays out, but from what I've seen north AL is definitely in play. I'm seeing some model runs coming in now for sub zero windchill values this weekend for north MS and AL. Basically anywhere north of 82. So snow/ice or not it's looking like it's going to be cold as balls this weekend.

vCash
    From the climate prediction center.