Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OT: Charge for the emergency room

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    My only thing is this.
    Republicans had 10 years to improve the affordable healthcare act, they did absolutely nothing. No proposed legislation. Nothing. Not even a plan out in the public to start a conversation.

Democrats have at least proposed possible system changes in more concrete schmatic level plans. Regardless of what you think, the current system doesn't work the the vast majority of citizens. It is better than the bullshit from 1996-2009 though.

I am here to announce my candidacy for US Senate. I bet I can get me and 5 other people in a room and hammer out a compromise in about a week.
    6 senators and 4 industry leaders. Surely it can be done.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Surely it can be done.
    Getting 10 people to agree to something? I suggest using the "Luca Brasi" method.**

vCash
    So far, seems cheap post insurance.

You may be getting additional bills, that's how they get you. My last trip to the ER (broken scapula) had several additional charges from other sources. It's out-of-hand, for sure.

vCash
    My only thing is this.
    Republicans had 10 years to improve the affordable healthcare act, they did absolutely nothing. No proposed legislation. Nothing. Not even a plan out in the public to start a conversation.

Democrats have at least proposed possible system changes in more concrete schmatic level plans. Regardless of what you think, the current system doesn't work the the vast majority of citizens. It is better than the bullshit from 1996-2009 though.

I am here to announce my candidacy for US Senate. I bet I can get me and 5 other people in a room and hammer out a compromise in about a week.

You give politicians too much credit!! I am convinced they are all dumbasses and crookeder than a dog's hind leg. They are very self centered and think of only how to line their pockets. I think we need to vote all of those dumbasses out of office regardless of party!

vCash
    My only thing is this.

There have been plans put out by republicans, but they don't get much publicity because it's a political loser to acknowledge reality with healthcare. It's basically a part of social security and medicare. About all you can propose is that you're going to put more money into it but other people are going to pay for it.

I think they should just go ahead and do medicaid for all. It will be painful for a lot of physicians that are used to private and medicare reimbursements, and there will be a lot of bad debt on healthcare facilities, but we're not really getting any benefits of a market, and just holding in this bastardized system that has no market but also no price controls isn't accomplishing anything.

If we went to a medicaid for all system, you'd actually see some innovation as the healthcare industry tries to offer people that can afford it more readily accessible and nicer care for an affordable price. And instead of being opponents of relaxing regulations that hurt the position of their cartel, you'd see them pushing for it so they could try to come up with business models that make them more money than medicaid reimbursements.

This would also have the effect of suddenly making entitlements manageable. If Medicare was just part of medicaid, the costs would go way down and you'd have a lot of affluent seniors essentially opt out so that they could get better or more accessible treatments.