Thread: Nsd 2021

vCash
    Did Hargrove sign with us?

vCash
    Grey shirt

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    Grey shirt
    What exactly is a grey shirt? Google says something about delaying enrollment for one semester, but are they guaranteed a scholarship after the one semester delay? Presumably it gives them time to recover from an injury, but why not go ahead and enroll in classes?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    What exactly is a grey shirt? Google says something about delaying enrollment for one semester, but are they guaranteed a scholarship after the one semester delay? Presumably it gives them time to recover from an injury, but why not go ahead and enroll in classes?
    He's a blue shirt. Grey shirt can't enroll until Jan. This kid can enroll anytime between June and August. It just allows us to bring in 2 transfers if we can find them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HancockCountyDog View Post
    I think he will end up being a two year starter for us with a chance to play in NFL.
    I heard on sports talk today, he was top DL in state so he must be a good player. A position we really need more depth at.

vCash
    My brother lives in Louisville and he's high on Cooper - as much on character as ability.
    I think time has proven that a 3 star DL from MS is often better than a 4 star from many places.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    He's a blue shirt. Grey shirt can't enroll until Jan. This kid can enroll anytime between June and August. It just allows us to bring in 2 transfers if we can find them.
    Correct. I could be wrong but I believe a grey shirt means he can be with the team but his scholly does not go into effect till January. It is basically one up from a PWO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Correct. I could be wrong but I believe a grey shirt means he can be with the team but his scholly does not go into effect till January. It is basically one up from a PWO
    Take this with a grain (or shaker) of salt:

Grey shirt - does not enroll fulltime until January. Usually does 6 hours and does voluntary workouts. Is promised a scholarship when they enroll and it will (or used to) count against the next year's 25 limit. NCAA clock doesn't start until after they enroll. Thinking a rule change on how they count scholarships might have made this irrelevant except for the ability to delay when your NCAA clock starts.

Blue shirt - enrolls in fall. Is basically just a preferred walk-on except with some sort of promise that a scholarship will be available when it can be offered without counting against the 25 signing cap, which is a year after being on campus I believe. NCAA clock starts on enrollment.

I'm not sure how often these scholarships ever materialize for grey shirts. If you don't make the cut to be in the 25 person (or usually higher) limit coming out of high school, it seems pretty likely that you're not going to make it the next year. Never hear any fuss about schools reneging, but rarely hear anything about grey shirts after they get to campus and I never heard any schools talking about how they are limited in signing because they already used a spot or two on a grey shirt. Of course I don't pay that close attention so maybe it was more common than I realized.

Conversely, for blue shirts, it's reasonably common that teams end up with scholarships they can't use to sign people becaues of the 25 man limit, and you should often be able to forecast in advance when one will be available.

vCash
    I saw on ESPN we were ranked 11th in the Sec, 5 teams in top 10. Now I'm not big on recruiting rankings, but how in hell does Tenn get ranked 6th in the Sec with there problems?

vCash
    I'm not sure we can expect to be much higher than 25 in the national rankings consistently without off the wall cheating

vCash
    One of Leach's highest ranked classes ever. I think TT got just inside the top 20 once.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I saw on ESPN we were ranked 11th in the Sec, 5 teams in top 10. Now I'm not big on recruiting rankings, but how in hell does Tenn get ranked 6th in the Sec with there problems?
    Bag men + blue blood of yesteryear

vCash
    They refused to let anybody out of their NLI. Transfers will devastate them in a year for it.

vCash
    McDonalds pays well

vCash
    Seems like in the past you go to bed on National Signing day and you are ranked but when you wake up in the morning you dropped. I guess they didn't reranked signees this year to get certain schools higher in the rankings.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Bay View Post
    They refused to let anybody out of their NLI. Transfers will devastate them in a year for it.
    Doesn't NCAA allow any player out of NLI, if there is a coaching change after they committed?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    Doesn't NCAA allow any player out of NLI, if there is a coaching change after they committed?
    It is not automatic. We didn't tell our signees they could get out of their NLI and it was the right call. If the kid really wants to leave you can then make that call, but the school isn't letting kids out of their NLI just because they fired the coach after they signed.

I don't know why some people think this is a business.......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    McDonalds pays well
    Well played sir!

We Win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    One of Leach's highest ranked classes ever. I think TT got just inside the top 20 once.
    It's a good class.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Turfdawg67 View Post
    It's his highest ranked class ever. His highest ranked class prior to this year was 28 at Texas Tech.