Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Arky game

vCash
    We only lost by 16. I think we need to take some time to thank Howland for coming here so we can at least be able to not lose by 30

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    Y'all are still watching our basketball games?
    This. Give it up. No one cares and our fans expect mediocrity or worse. Even our media folks say ?only expect to make the tourney once every 4-5 years?. What?s the point of watching it? Didn?t even realize we had a game tonight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    This game is totally
    out of control
    but I?ll take it for now lol I just hope they don?t start making shots
    Out of Control best describes this whole game.

vCash
    And this is exactly why I don't get emotionally invested in MSU basketball (Women or Men) any longer.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    I only watched the first half, then recorded the second and watched it this morning. The Hail State notification had us winning 61-45, so I thought it would be an interesting half to watch. I was wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    And this is exactly why I don't get emotionally invested in MSU basketball (Women or Men) any longer.
    Bc we lose games? Good thing that doesn't happen in football

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    I only watched the first half, then recorded the second and watched it this morning. The Hail State notification had us winning 61-45, so I thought it would be an interesting half to watch. I was wrong.
    Damn that's funny!! It couldn't have taken too long to realize something was up, huh?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdawg View Post
    Damn that's funny!! It couldn't have taken too long to realize something was up, huh?
    Right, it didn't take long. Once Arky landed that 46th point and we still looked like crap, I turned it off and deleted the recording. That's not the first time the Hailstate app has gotten the score reversed.

vCash
    Tenn went the last 10 mins last night with only 2 made fgs. Florida hasn't made a basket the last 6 mins of this game. Both of these teams are ranked, and both of these teams lost to bad teams. Good basketball teams (but not elite) have these head scratchers, so I'm not sure why our fans think we should be above this crap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Tenn went the last 10 mins last night with only 2 made fgs. Florida hasn't made a basket the last 6 mins of this game. Both of these teams are ranked, and both of these teams lost to bad teams. Good basketball teams (but not elite) have these head scratchers, so I'm not sure why our fans think we should be above this crap.
    If you?re cool with losing 5 of the last 7 and averaging 54.4 PPG in those losses, then by all means be cool with accepting horrible basketball and complete mediocrity. That team last night quit, period. There was no hustle, they looked like they wanted to be anywhere else in the world, minus Fountain because he finally got a shot at some minutes versus a conference team. And you can say ?well this team is young and we knew this drop off was coming?, well how is that not on Howland to recruit better and have some more talent here in place to not completely drop off like this? He recruited a lot of guys who were somewhat reaches anyway that hit the road and transferred out and it?s left us where we are now after Perry & Woodard left. That?s on him to better manage the roster. And I know we aren?t UK and we?re not gonna just reload every year or every other year but we?ve got the ability to recruit better to the point that we?re not this poor talent wise and to where there?s not some large gap in youth and seniority on the team. Fact is, we had some guys leave, we recruited some guys that were iffy in the first place that we took to fill out a roster & they hit the road and that falls on Howland to evaluate talent better and to manage the roster a little better.

A young team should continue to get better and show signs of improvement as the year goes on. Well the last several games have gone in reverse and last night was an embarrassment to watch offensively as we let UPig go on a damn 33-6 run LOL. It?s time to move on from Howland but I?m sure we?ll let him stick around for another year and put off the inevitable.

vCash
    Our last 7 games have 4 good ones...
    Beat a tourney team in Florida
    Had a chance to tie Bama at the 1 min mark on the road
    Lost to tenn on the road in a very tight game
    Destroyed Iowa st

And 3 bad ones...
    Loss to aTm
    Destroyed by OM
    Destroyed by ark

You do realize better programs than us have down years...
    Kentucky this year
    Auburn this year
    Tenn last year
    Florida in 2019

If you looking for a coach that doesn't have down years here, good luck.

Howland will get a shot with this team to make another run at the tourney. I think he does it, easily
    Last edited by msstate7; 02-03-2021 at 10:03 PM.

vCash
    Our last 7 games have 4 good ones...
    Beat a tourney team in Florida
    Had a chance to tie Bama at the 1 min mark on the road
    Lost to tenn on the road in a very tight game
    Destroyed Iowa st

And 3 bad ones...
    Loss to aTm
    Destroyed by OM
    Destroyed by ark

You do realize better programs than us have down years...
    Kentucky this year
    Auburn this year
    Tenn last year
    Florida in 2019

If you looking for a coach that doesn't have down years here, good luck.

Howland will get a shot with this team to make another run at the tourney. I think he does it, easily
    There is a difference between having down years and continually having disappointing finishes to the season after showing that the talent is there to compete. It's not about down years. It's honestly like watching the Moorhead years to me. Sure - you can claim we should be happy with 8-5. But it sucks when we all know the talent we have is not the limiting factor.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    There is a difference between having down years and continually having disappointing finishes to the season after showing that the talent is there to compete. It's not about down years. It's honestly like watching the Moorhead years to me. Sure - you can claim we should be happy with 8-5. But it sucks when we all know the talent we have is not the limiting factor.
    Who you think we should hire that will get us good players and not disappoint the 200 people that show up to the games in the aging stadium we play in that's not located near a good recruiting base? I'm all ears if someone can sell me on a realistic option.

vCash
    Who you think we should hire that will get us good players and not disappoint the 200 people that show up to the games in the aging stadium we play in that's not located near a good recruiting base? I'm all ears if someone can sell me on a realistic option.
    Craig Smith, Utah State

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HailStateSZN19 View Post
    Craig Smith, Utah State
    He has an impressive resume. Don't know if he'd come or not though. I think coaches look at what howland has done here in a better light than our fanbase... maybe they don't though. I think any coach would want to know why howland was fired for 1 down year after 3 really solid ones.

vCash
    He has an impressive resume. Don't know if he'd come or not though. I think coaches look at what howland has done here in a better light than our fanbase... maybe they don't though. I think any coach would want to know why howland was fired for 1 down year after 3 really solid ones.
    I?m sure he wouldn?t be an easy pull or a certain pull but we could get ahead of the game and go after him before other bigger names do. He?s turned around/drastically improved all 3 stops he?s been at and has killed it at Utah State. We?d still be a P5, SEC job that has improved how we look perception wise from 6 years ago. That?d be a step up for sure. Utah State is a good basketball school, no doubt, but we can offer more salary wise and again, we?re an SEC/P5 job.