Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jackson Fristoe

vCash
    If Skinner is in the game, does he play CF and Rowdey mover over to LF? The way the coaches talk about Skinner’s speed and defense, I would think him in CF makes sense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlSwearengen View Post
    If Skinner is in the game, does he play CF and Rowdey mover over to LF? The way the coaches talk about Skinner’s speed and defense, I would think him in CF makes sense.
    I would say yes.

vCash
    The offense will be good not great, but the pitching has a chance to be National Championship elite

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcat91 View Post
    The offense will be good not great, but the pitching has a chance to be National Championship elite

The problem is Vanderbilt has Rocker and Leiter who may go 1 and 2 in the draft this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The problem is Vanderbilt has Rocker and Leiter who may go 1 and 2 in the draft this year.
    Yeah and vandy isn’t even ranked 1 or 2. 4, I think.

This will be an interesting season.

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    We need to be patient. We could have a damn good team without the record to reflect it. We need to let the season play out and see where we are at the end.

vCash
    This is how natty's are won.

Fristoe is a future 1st rounder
    CAN'T PUT A SADDLE ON A MUSTANG

Quit Your Bi$&$&?!, He's Not Going to Run the Ball More

vCash
    Our pitching is going to be really good, but basically almost everybody is looking at their roster and thinking they are good this year. And they're mostly right. Lots more talent playing this year than in the past. I think we really are going to be good, but the competition is going to be much deeper than usual.

vCash
    The offense will be good not great,
    Remember the ~same quote, ~same board, ~every year .. going back years.

Nobody knows! Recall back a few years most were wuestioning hitting ... Then Mangum, Lowe, Kruger, Rooker, Robson, Humphreys and Collins all proved they were idiots!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    Remember the ~same quote, ~same board, ~every year .. going back years.

Nobody knows! Recall back a few years most were wuestioning hitting ... Then Mangum, Lowe, Kruger, Rooker, Robson, Humphreys and Collins all proved they were idiots!
    The issue in College Baseball is that all the Austin Hendricks and Blaze Jordan's go pro. Nobody really has those guys, you only have late bloomers like Brent Rooker (top 1000) or Brendan McKay (not ranked by PG).

So, our recruiting, returning experience, and history of talent collection is the only guide. We are prolly pretty good at hitting and better than most other schools. I would expect one from Cumbest, Pimentel, or Landon Jordan to become an unexpected hitting bad-ass.

As far as 2016, we knew nothing about that team until the Vandy series of that year. Then people started saying MSU is elite. What we share with 2016 is all the batting experience and we seem to have much better defense.

In 2016, Humphreys, Rooker, and Collins were disasters waiting to happen on D. Humphries costed us an Arizona game. Rooker was pulled too early in the 2nd Arizona game. Collins never failed in a key moment.

vCash

Bunting

Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Well, just a little. Not wholesale
    Coach, now I?ll have to disagree to an extent. Nothing wrong with small ball. Bunting and squeezing can get a god team off balance and get others totally outta sync. Ahh I do love it!😉

vCash
    Cerantola will be on a short leash. If he still hasn't improved his command, then Fristoe, Brandon Smith and others will take his spot.

vCash
    Btw, I have a lot of respect for Foxhall, he is very protective of his pitching staff when injuries occur.

vCash
    Cerantola did not give up a hit or run this past weekend. Walked 1.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MsStateBaseball View Post
    Cerantola did not give up a hit or run this past weekend. Walked 1.
    He can be the best on the staff if he keeps that up. Anything else you’ve heard?

vCash
    Just a reminder for everyone, but hitting is way behind pitching this early.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bully14 View Post
    Coach, now I?ll have to disagree to an extent. Nothing wrong with small ball. Bunting and squeezing can get a god team off balance and get others totally outta sync. Ahh I do love it!��
    In small doses- yes. As a philosophy? Ugh
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    What I heard was what I knew was going to happen. We are so talented at pitcher, the starter struggles, we will bring in a guy w just as good stuff. We have several long relievers that will tie us to Spencer Price.

We won?t have the power of Westburg and Foscue but the power will be evenly distributed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MsStateBaseball View Post
    What I heard was what I knew was going to happen. We are so talented at pitcher, the starter struggles, we will bring in a guy w just as good stuff. We have several long relievers that will tie us to Spencer Price.

We won?t have the power of Westburg and Foscue but the power will be evenly distributed.
    I'd like to see Landon Sims close. He may be our relief ace though that can go multiple innings. Price = college version of Jason Isringhausen.

I'd like to know Cerentola's Strike/Ball ratio and what his pitch count was. That's would give us a little more insight into his command.