Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jackson Fristoe

vCash

Jackson Fristoe

He's a freshman pitcher for us from Kentucky. I would say that he is putting himself in contention for a spot in the rotation. He was throwing in the mid 90's today and was shutting our hitters completely down.

vCash
    Nice. Pitching is going to be loaded this year

vCash
    That kids gonna be good. I've watched him at the wwba national championships for several years. Very polished for a young pitcher with good stuff.

vCash
    Wasn’t the rub against him was that he had work to do on his command and polish his game up? Otherwise he was a top 2 or 3 round talent?

vCash
    That’s great to hear.

vCash
    We just have to scrap for runs. I wont mind a little extra bunting this year with the staff we have
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    I wont mind a little extra bunting this year

***** obviously obligatory, lol

vCash
    Well, just a little. Not wholesale

vCash
    We just have to scrap for runs. I wont mind a little extra bunting this year with the staff we have
    You don't think we will get production from:

Allen (L), James (R), Rowdey (S), Hatcher (L), Hancock (L), Tanner (R)?

I know the rest is very unknown, but we have lots of guys with pedigree and competing with each other.

We are definitely vulnerable to talented lefties.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    He's a freshman pitcher for us from Kentucky. I would say that he is putting himself in contention for a spot in the rotation. He was throwing in the mid 90's today and was shutting our hitters completely down.
    Awesome news - we have such great talent returning, it's easy to forget that MSU has Freshmen talents like Fristoe, C Smith, and Tepper that we might not have except for the truncated draft.

vCash
    You mean like in the first inning of a 0-0 game, with 1st & 2nd and no outs bunting?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    You mean like in the first inning of a 0-0 game, with 1st & 2nd and no outs bunting?
    lord Jesus no. I believe it be sacrilege to bunt with 3, 4 ,or 5- ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    ? Who are we playing?
    ? Are we hosting? Visiting? SEC team?
    ? Who's pitching for us? Them? What day pitcher? Righty / Lefty? Move to first?
    ? What's our record? Opponent's record?
    ?. Who's up? Can he bunt? What's he hitting? Hitting with men in scoring position? Hits to SO ratio? Slugging? On deck? On base?
    ?. We have two on with no outs. How'd they get on? Hits? Walks? How is opp pitcher rhrowing?

You forgot the ***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    You don't think we will get production from:

Allen (L), James (R), Rowdey (S), Hatcher (L), Hancock (L), Tanner (R)?

I know the rest is very unknown, but we have lots of guys with pedigree and competing with each other.

We are definitely vulnerable to talented lefties.
    I think we will be ok offensively- but we wont be top notch. But with top notch pitching- playing conservatively at times is ok

vCash
    First 5 innings, 1st and 2nd on w no outs go for big inning. But late, obviously depending on situation, we bunt. We will steal a little more too.

vCash
    lord Jesus no. I believe it be sacrilege to bunt with 3, 4 ,or 5- ever.
    Amen to this!

vCash
    Todd, any other news or rumblings from baseball? So ready for the season even if we have a limited opportunity to view.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedFedder View Post
    Todd, any other news or rumblings from baseball? So ready for the season even if we have a limited opportunity to view.
    I've seen MacLeod and Cerentola mentioned in the first round of some mock drafts. The scrimmages have been as expected as far as who is playing and where pretty much. Left field is the biggest question mark and that's between Cumbest, Skinner, and Pimentel. I'd guess- and this is me talking based on what I have heard- that Cumbest will get the first opportunity if the season started today. Now- we'll see how that goes during the rest of the scrimmages and that spot won't be settled until well after the season starts.

vCash
    I think we will be ok offensively- but we wont be top notch. But with top notch pitching- playing conservatively at times is ok
    The offense will be Ok even though it won't be the 1985 offense.

I think our offense will be more like 1998-1999. Lots of veterans with some pop like TA and Hatcher. Their experience will pay off and that sometimes translates into bombs. Then we have some young guys with power like Tanner, James, and Kellum Clark who won't hit for as high an average but their talent.

Kind of depends somewhat on who wins the LF job. If it's Skinner- we probably will play a little more small ball. If it's Cumbest/Pimentel- more modern game.

Dubrule and Rowdey are our main speed guys. And Skinner or course.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MsStateBaseball View Post
    First 5 innings, 1st and 2nd on w no outs go for big inning. But late, obviously depending on situation, we bunt. We will steal a little more too.
    Honestly, if it's someone like Kumar Rocker and we have first and second with no outs or even one on- especially on second I would probably be OK with it if the score is 0-0 and it's before the fifth inning. Depends on the hitter too. If it's Clark or Tanner- swing away. If it's someone else- that's fine.