Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Costello

vCash

Costello

Maybe it's been mentioned around here already and I missed it but is he coming back or moving on? As much as people around here may be averse to the guy a full offseason could be really good for him. From a physical talent perspective the kid is probably the best pure QB we've had.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    Maybe it's been mentioned around here already and I missed it but is he coming back or moving on? As much as people around here may be averse to the guy a full offseason could be really good for him. From a physical talent perspective the kid is probably the best pure QB we've had.
    I can't imagine he is coming back unless he was injured early last season and is extremely confident he will win the starting position if healthy. If he's not more or less guaranteed to be starting, he might as well go pro and hope somebody will give him some workouts based on arm talent and his production at Standford prior to getting hurt and his LSU game this year.

vCash
    He's gone.

vCash
    It looks like he is back in California playing a lot of golf.

vCash
    I was thinking he was invited to the senior bowl with Kylin Hill

vCash
    I think I am wrong

vCash
    Shrine bowl

https://www.shrinegame.com/players

MSU has 5 players.
    Last edited by Percho; 01-28-2021 at 02:52 PM.

vCash
    I don?t think they are actually playing the Shrine Bowl game are they?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    I don?t think they are actually playing the Shrine Bowl game are they?
    Yep, they were showing the practices on ESPNU earlier today

vCash
    Can golf balls be intercepted?
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    I can't imagine he is coming back unless he was injured early last season and is extremely confident he will win the starting position if healthy. If he's not more or less guaranteed to be starting, he might as well go pro and hope somebody will give him some workouts based on arm talent and his production at Standford prior to getting hurt and his LSU game this year.
    He may not come back, but I think he/the team was hiding an injury last year. If not, it would be the largest mental turnaround in the history of the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    Can golf balls be intercepted?
    if it's possible, he'll do it. Get a drone on him now, for science

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    He may not come back, but I think he/the team was hiding an injury last year. If not, it would be the largest mental turnaround in the history of the game.
    I wondered about this also. If he was injured maybe he wanted to keep it quiet given his history.

vCash
    Yeah he was injured. He never had his shoulder repaired after injuring it at Stanford. He tried rehab, but almost all doctors today in sports medicine would recommend surgery. He needed to have surgery in 2019, rehab 2020, and play again in 2021. I can understand why he didn't want to go the surgery route, but I bet he wishes he did now.

vCash
    I heard this, too (on here), but not sure how well it adds up. If coaching staff were aware of this, why did they keep trotting him out there knowing his shoulder wasn't going to magically get better? Or were they unaware of the severity and think he was just having trouble picking up the offense?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    Ever heard of Dak Prescott?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SailingDawg View Post
    The 2015 offense was all Dak. He carried that offense on his back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SailingDawg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroonthirteen View Post
    The 2015 offense was all Dak. He carried that offense on his back.
    "From a physical talent perspective the kid is probably the best pure QB we've had."

vCash
    Every pic I've seen of him since he left he's reppin' Stanford swag.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaChicagoDog View Post
    I heard this, too (on here), but not sure how well it adds up. If coaching staff were aware of this, why did they keep trotting him out there knowing his shoulder wasn't going to magically get better? Or were they unaware of the severity and think he was just having trouble picking up the offense?
    Will Rogers getting COVID caused the staff to prolong playing Costello as well.