Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Just got my vaccine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Remember the 1st shot only gives you 50-60% coverage.
    Assuming this stuff stays light, I'm scheduled for round two on Feb. 19th. I will be getting it. My sister took the 2nd dose while she had Covid. Her Dr waived the wait. She had no issues with the 2nd dose.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Assuming this stuff stays light, I'm scheduled for round two on Feb. 19th. I will be getting it. My sister took the 2nd dose while she had Covid. Her Dr waived the wait. She had no issues with the 2nd dose.

I hope it stays light and you are able to get your second dose. I finally got an appointment for February 3rd at Trustmark Park. I really stayed on the computer this past Monday morning and kept refreshing until finally the MSDH posted some appointments for Trustmark Park. If I hadn't been persistent , I would never have gotten an appointment. It showed over 150 available, when I selected mine and it had only one day available, and two different times to choose from. Right after I had completed the form, and got my approval there were no appointments available.
    Last edited by yjnkdawg; 01-29-2021 at 10:59 PM.

vCash
    FYI if you are really interested in getting a shot call at the end of the day or show up at the vaccine site. There are always no shows and they will be looking for people to give the shot to since they have to use it. Every afternoon at 4 the nurse at the VA I go to cases the waiting rooms looking for someone to give a shot because of a No Show.

vCash
    Call your local hospitals and health dept too. That's how I got mine. I called the hospital, and they assigned me a day/time.
    So far mine is still light. Ready for the sinus shit to stop but I broke fever last night finally. Taking Zyrtec, zinc, vit c, vit d, antibiotic, aspirin with the wife who now has it as well (she's been vaccinated and missed her 2nd dose yesterday due to positive test). Hospital told her she might not be able to get 2nd dose now.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 01-30-2021 at 09:28 AM.

vCash
    I've only got 135,000 people ahead of me here in my county in Texas
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    Alabama finally is going to open for 65-74 folks, and I think those 16 and over with qualifying conditions (diabetes, etc.) starting February 8. I signed up locally online today, so I should be able to get it within the next couple of months. They said it would probably be weeks before they called to schedule. But at least I'm signed up.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Got my first dose today
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Got my first dose today
    Good deal!! Get my 2nd shot on February 9th.
    I'm glad to see so many are taking it. Everyone talks about how sick they are of this pandemic but everyone I know says they won't get the vaccine. Crazy. Most people I know don't take the flu vaccine either. My daughter thinks it's the devil and she's had the flu at least 3 times that I can remember. I had the flu when I was 21. Been taking the vaccine ever since.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Good deal!! Get my 2nd shot on February 9th.
    I'm glad to see so many are taking it. Everyone talks about how sick they are of this pandemic but everyone I know says they won't get the vaccine. Crazy. Most people I know don't take the flu vaccine either. My daughter thinks it's the devil and she's had the flu at least 3 times that I can remember. I had the flu when I was 21. Been taking the vaccine ever since.
    Yessir. I’m just ready for life to be back to normal.

vCash
    Just read a congressman has tested positive for Covid about two weeks after his second shot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Remember the 1st shot only gives you 50-60% coverage.
    Question. So if the one shot Flue vaccine in around 35-40% effective why can't we get most people to take a one shot covid vaccine? In other words the one shot is more effective than the flue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    Question. So if the one shot Flue vaccine in around 35-40% effective why can't we get most people to take a one shot covid vaccine? In other words the one shot is more effective than the flue
    Because of all the fear mongering that has occurred on both sides of the issue. There has been so much misinformation on everything Covid people dint know what to believe and are scared. The anti vaccine crowd saying it changes your DNA and has a tracking chip in it. The anti Trump crowd says they don't trust anything developed during his admin. Then you got Fauci who changes his mind every five minutes on recommendations saying even after you had both shots you still need to wear a mask and social distance because we don't know how well it will work in the real world. People hear that and ask what's the point.

vCash
    Because Covid is spread so easily and we need to beat it back. The flu is not Covid.
    All these conspiracy fools and uneducated people declining it don't care either way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Because Covid is spread so easily and we need to beat it back. The flu is not Covid.
    All these conspiracy fools and uneducated people declining it don't care either way.
    You missed my point. Wasn't comparing flue to covid. Was comparing effectiveness. If one flue shot with 35-40% effective is for the flue vaccine why isn't one covid shot that 55-65% effective. Not comparing flue to covid

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Yessir. I’m just ready for life to be back to normal.
    What if, the power that be, never declare normalcy?

vCash
    In a few months there will be several one-shots that hit the market.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Just read a congressman has tested positive for Covid about two weeks after his second shot.
    What people need to understand is that after you get a vaccine, you can/will still technically get Covid again if you're exposed. If the vaccine is 75% "effective", it means that your symptoms will be reduced by 75%. So if you get a mild infection and the symptoms are reduced by 75%, you won't even notice. The question yet to be determined is how infectious are you at that time. Researchers think your viral load will be greatly reduced (in vaccinated people) but they don't know for dead sure. That's why they want people to still wear a mask even after they're vaccinated, until the whole country is vaccinated.

FYI, the term "efficacy" is a completely different term that only applies to people in the study. It doesn't necessarily mean much in the real world.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    They will, because their economic tax base is taking a hit from all this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebob View Post
    They will, because their economic tax base is taking a hit from all this.
    I don’t think that’s the power that he speaks of.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    “Nevertheless, Lord not my will, but thine be done.”