Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jerry Rice bringing the heat on Aaron Rogers

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Farve everytime. Sorry but Rodgers is not a winner. He doesn't have the IT factor. Never has had it.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Farve everytime. Sorry but Rodgers is not a winner. He doesn't have the IT factor. Never has had it.
    I totally agree. Favre would run thru a brick wall to win, can’t see Rogers doing that.

May I add, the most talented QB isn’t always the answer, Brady isn’t the most talented but his long career and staying healthy for the most part is one of the reason he is the Goat. It blows my mind thinking he had played in 10 SB and won 6 times! I know he was MVP at least twice in those games.
    I’ve never been a huge Brady fan but now I am, his record is like non other.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Mahomes Brady discussion is apples and oranges. Now compare Brady younger and in his prime with Maholmes and you have a fair comparison. Brady on his way down although still a great player, not near what he was.
    Brady never had the physical abilities Mahomes has. He had pinpoint accuracy, smarts, leadership, and deflated balls.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Brady never had the physical abilities Mahomes has. He had pinpoint accuracy, smarts, leadership, and deflated balls.
    The biggest thing that you left out is work ethic and discipline.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    I agree, plus playing at 43 years at a high level, amazing!

Btw, CC24, who you got, Favre or Brees? I'd take Favre.

vCash
    My balls would be deflated too if I was married to Giselle Bundchen......
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    I don't know about the work ethic. He never went to camp much. But he's a little nutty with his diet etc, so he's OCD in preparation I'm sure. Plus his wife is probably the hottest NFL wife ever.
    I mean, he might be the most blessed human being on this planet when you look at everything.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog View Post
    My balls would be deflated too if I was married to Giselle Bundchen......
    Hey Now!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I agree, plus playing at 43 years at a high level, amazing!

Btw, CC24, who you got, Favre or Brees? I'd take Favre.
    Yeah to do what he's doing at 43 is unbelievable, nobody else has even come close to that. I'd take Favre too.

vCash
    Football has been full of physical specimens. We see DEs and LBs that run 4.3s and QBs that can do the same. Linemen that are 350+ibs running in the upper 4s. Anybody ever see Jamarcus Russell throw the ball downfield??? I can name older players like Todd Marinovich, Charlie Ward, Tony Mandarich I think of often that had immense talent but didn't do much with it. We can name guys all day long. We've had guys come through MSU that have squandered their potential (one I think of off the top of my head is Quay Evans).

Rodgers is the most put together QB in my opinion to play the game. If I were building a Madden QB Rodgers would be the mold and the only change I'd make is give him 99 speed. Mahomes is crazy talented and all indicators are that he'll be one of the greats but chances are he'll never achieve what Brady has and most likely no one will in our lifetimes at least.

Brady has played 18 full and healthy seasons and this is going to be his 10th SB with the chance of winning his 7th. There's been great QBs that have never played in 1 SB (Dan Fouts, Rivers, Cunningham, Moon). He has 4 SB MVP awards and that's just the icing on the cake. He's also 33-11 all-time in the playoffs. There's never been a "better" QB than Tom Brady. Subjectively of course anyone can argue that but not objectively. Tom is a winner and like Commercecomet pointed out before he has work ethic and discipline. Give me Brady all the day long over these "superior" talents.

vCash
    I don't know about the work ethic. He never went to camp much. But he's a little nutty with his diet etc, so he's OCD in preparation I'm sure. Plus his wife is probably the hottest NFL wife ever.
    I mean, he might be the most blessed human being on this planet when you look at everything.
    If you read about the work he had to put in to overcome some of his talent deficiences early on and what he does to stay sharp now, keep his body in shape and what's required to play at the level he plays at his age, it's pretty amazing.

vCash
    Here's why I love the guys like Brady and Montana. Neither were the most talented or physically gifted(i.e. not the fastest, strongest or biggest) but through hard work, dedication and desire to be the best the made themselves into the best to ever do it. Amazing and fun to watch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    The athletic training is also miles better than it was in Montana's day along with better safety equipment. The offenses were very run heavy for the most part too. The 49ers Bill Walsh WCO, Don Coryell's Air Coryell, whatever the Dolphins were doing with Marino, and the old run and shoot were basically the only pass first offenses in the league at that time. Now everyone is throwing it at least 30 times a game or more. In the 80's you only did that if you were behind.
    I'm assuming it's not true anymore and probably hasn't been for at least a decade or maybe even two, but NFL QBs that threw for 300 yds in a game used to have a losing record in those games because throwing enough to get to 300 yds usually meant you were playing from behind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    Football has been full of physical specimens. We see DEs and LBs that run 4.3s and QBs that can do the same. Linemen that are 350+ibs running in the upper 4s. Anybody ever see Jamarcus Russell throw the ball downfield??? I can name older players like Todd Marinovich, Charlie Ward, Tony Mandarich I think of often that had immense talent but didn't do much with it. We can name guys all day long. We've had guys come through MSU that have squandered their potential (one I think of off the top of my head is Quay Evans).

Rodgers is the most put together QB in my opinion to play the game. If I were building a Madden QB Rodgers would be the mold and the only change I'd make is give him 99 speed. Mahomes is crazy talented and all indicators are that he'll be one of the greats but chances are he'll never achieve what Brady has and most likely no one will in our lifetimes at least.

Brady has played 18 full and healthy seasons and this is going to be his 10th SB with the chance of winning his 7th. There's been great QBs that have never played in 1 SB (Dan Fouts, Rivers, Cunningham, Moon). He has 4 SB MVP awards and that's just the icing on the cake. He's also 33-11 all-time in the playoffs. There's never been a "better" QB than Tom Brady. Subjectively of course anyone can argue that but not objectively. Tom is a winner and like Commercecomet pointed out before he has work ethic and discipline. Give me Brady all the day long over these "superior" talents.
    If you're gonna throw Mahomes in this mix, compare them thru 2+ seasons. Mahomes has been top 5 in passer rating and qbr in all 3 seasons, 38-8 as a starter, mvp 1 of 2 (yet to be announced this year), and super bowl (could be 2 in 2 weeks).

vCash
    Just for the heck of it, I did some research, and the results were interesting. Joe Montana averaged 32.87 pass attempts per start in his career, Tom Brady averaging 35.44.
    Last edited by Commercecomet24; 01-26-2021 at 01:07 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    If you're gonna throw Mahomes in this mix, compare them thru 2+ seasons. Mahomes has been top 5 in passer rating and qbr in all 3 seasons, 38-8 as a starter, mvp 1 of 2 (yet to be announced this year), and super bowl (could be 2 in 2 weeks).
    I believe Mahomes has the chance to reach the level of Brady/Montana, because he's ultra talented, has the "IT" factor, work ethic and drive. I don't know if he'll last as long because of how much he runs and the extra hits he takes, only time will tell.The kid definitely is a stud.

vCash
    If you read about the work he had to put in to overcome some of his talent deficiences early on and what he does to stay sharp now, keep his body in shape and what's required to play at the level he plays at his age, it's pretty amazing.
    Very true. He wasn't a great college QB either. That is why Brady has lasted like he has. Not valued very much today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I don't like comparing Mahomes because of the sample size difference but he was already in the mix so I just went with it. Tom Brady's '07 season was one of the best all time. Brady was in the top 5 of QBR from '06-'12 (didn't count '08 as he was out all year), '14-'16 (6th in '17). Since QBR began Brady has always with the exception of these last two years been near the top. Again though it's not really that fair since Mahomes is finishing up his 3rd season and Brady his 21st but I expect Mahomes to be a Hall of Famer when it's all said and done.

vCash
    Every generation brings along a new "Best Ever"

NFL had Sammy Baugh/Otto Graham in the 40's, Johnny U in the 60's, Montana in the 80's, Brady in the 2000's and now Mahomes in 2020. Montana was at times perfection and is so revered because he was damn near perfect in SB's - plus he played against some of the greatest defenses ever in the Bears and NY Giants on the 80's- not to mention Philly under Buddy Ryan in late 80's/early 90's. Brady has been phenomenal and has done it for 20 years which is also amazing. To me it's Brady/Montana and everybody else right now. But Mahomes is off to an amazing start and we'll see what he is able to do over the next decade.

NBA? 60's had Chamberlin and Russell. 80's brought Magic, Bird, then Jordan. 1990's/2000's brought Shaq, Kobe, LeBron

Every generation produces a guy
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    The SB is not about Brady vs Mahomes. Both will play great.

The SB is about Kelce and Hill vs Evans, AB, and Godwin. Advantage KC. Tampa drops too many passes in my opinion to beat KC.
    A coach as yourself should know that Tampa has the kind of defense that can take away some of those weapons, or at least neutralize some of them. Especially with two weeks to prepare. Cleveland's defense did a pretty good job of it a couple of weeks ago.

Kansas City has a pretty good defense too. So while all the talk is Mahomes/Brady and weapons versus weapons, I strongly expect this game to be a low scoring slugfest. And in a situation like that, Tampa has the better ball-control offense, so that gives them a slight edge in my opinion.