Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jerry Rice bringing the heat on Aaron Rogers

vCash

Jerry Rice bringing the heat on Aaron Rogers

Saying we wouldn't be going to 49ers cause he is still mad about them not drafting him. He also stated Rogers should have given up his body and ran that last drive instead of trying to complete a pass for a TD. Jerry Rice ain't scared to speak his mind when asked.

Not sure there have ever been two great athletes who worked so hard during the off season than Rice and Walter Payton, two of the greatest Mississippi football players all time!

Gotta go with the GOAT and Bruce Arians in the Super Bowl, don't believe there will ever be a player to play in as many Championship games as Brady nor as many Super Bowls. I wouldn't bet against him in the SB.

vCash
    Good post, agree completely.

vCash
    Rogers probably needs to find a new team, he is a very talented great player but maybe it's just me I think we has worn out his welcome in GB. Fact is I'm not a fan of him nor GB, never was a GB fan even with the Bart Starr years. I was a Colt fan with Johnny U, Lenny Moore, Raymond Berry, John Mackey and Jimmy Orr. I have to laugh as you youngsters are saying who were those guys? They were real football players, great players!

vCash
    Yes ARod should have more NFC titles and prob 2 maybe 3 rings, but throw the blame on that front office and their HORRIBLE drafts and free agent signings... You have possibility the most talented Qb ever and you draft and make off-season decisions like the Jets...

vCash
    If I had to choose between Favre or Rogers I'd go with Favre, I think his personality is so much better and players play hard with him. Not taking anything away from Rogers but I just see Favre having fun and no doubt he would have run for a TD on GB last possession. Most talented is like a beauty contest, not always most talent or most beautiful is in the best interest. Favre had that "IT Factor", way more than many imo.
    Dak has some of what Favre had, I'm not sure he will be as good or great as Favre.

Man give me Payton, Rice and Favre all day long and twice on Sunday!

vCash
    Rodgers is a prick. Everybody knows it. But he's good. He should've left GB a long time ago. They've screwed him ever chance they can.
    Give me Mahomes over Brady. Brady was great, but it's time to turn the page.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Rodgers is a prick. Everybody knows it. But he's good. He should've left GB a long time ago. They've screwed him ever chance they can.
    Are there people who would take Brady over Mahomes?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Yep. Because he's the GOAT. No other legitimate reason.

vCash
    Pretty easy to say he should have done this or that after the fact. There was a window there. 1/2 second quicker it's a Td.

Will Redmond should have caught that easy floating lame duck pass on Brady's. Which would have saved 7.

Because Next play, the other CB let dude waltz by him for a easy TD pass. CB should have covered the guy.

Fingers can be pointed everywhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    The SB is not about Brady vs Mahomes. Both will play great.

The SB is about Kelce and Hill vs Evans, AB, and Godwin. Advantage KC. Tampa drops too many passes in my opinion to beat KC.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Mahomes Brady discussion is apples and oranges. Now compare Brady younger and in his prime with Maholmes and you have a fair comparison. Brady on his way down although still a great player, not near what he was.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    The SB is not about Brady vs Mahomes. Both will play great.

The SB is about Kelce and Hill vs Evans, AB, and Godwin. Advantage KC. Tampa drops too many passes in my opinion to beat KC.
    Agree the two KC WR are about unstoppable. KC gets the win.

vCash
    We'll see come Super Bowl time. But I think KC is better than TB overall and should win, regardless of the quarterback's talent level.

And yes, Rodgers is a prick. Too bad people have to be that way.

vCash
    I'll never pick against Brady in the playoffs. I don't care if he's 50 years old.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt3467 View Post
    I'll never pick against Brady in the playoffs. I don't care if he's 50 years old.
    He's lost 3 SB's so it's not like he is Montana who was perfect in the big game. He will play well and it should be a great game. The question is- will his WR's catch balls that they should? If they do- it will be exciting and close. If not- KC will in by 10-14

vCash
    He's lost 3 SB's so it's not like he is Montana who was perfect in the big game. He will play well and it should be a great game. The question is- will his WR's catch balls that they should? If they do- it will be exciting and close. If not- KC will in by 10-14
    Playing in 9 and winning 66% of them is pretty good. That's more than twice the sample size of Montana.
    Last edited by Matt3467; 01-25-2021 at 08:36 PM.

vCash
    Playing in 9 and winning 66% of them is pretty good
    How about playing in four winning 100% of them and have 11 TD passes and 0 INT's?

vCash
    Playing in 9 and winning 66% of them is pretty good. That's more than twice the sample size of Montana.
    Todd nailed it with Montana going 4-0 plus never throwing a pick in the SB. Brady lost the SB with Randy Moss at WR and probably the best team ever other than the 85 Bears. Montana and Brady are the standard for NFL QB's. Montana was incredible as is Brady. Brady's longevity is what gives him an upper hand on Montana. And thats a big thing. But if I had to pick one to win 1 game or lead 1 drive? It's still Montana for me.

And that brings up who Montana had to play against- the 85 Bears, the Redskins and Giants of the 80's with their great talent- as the AFC was the weak sister- losing a decade of SB's in a row.

And I'll add- defensive rules of the last 15 years have been very QB and WR friendly- the 80's was brutal, rip your damn head off football. Different game if defenses could treat Brady as they did Montana
    Last edited by Coach34; 01-25-2021 at 08:48 PM.

vCash
    Todd nailed it with Montana going 4-0 plus never throwing a pick in the SB. Brady lost the SB with Randy Moss at WR and probably the best team ever other than the 85 Bears. Montana and Brady are the standard for NFL QB's. Montana was incredible as is Brady. Brady's longevity is what gives him an upper hand on Montana. And thats a big thing. But if I had to pick one to win 1 game or lead 1 drive? It's still Montana for me.

And that brings up who Montana had to play against- the 85 Bears, the Redskins and Giants of the 80's with their great talent- as the AFC was the weak sister- losing a decade of SB's in a row.

And I'll add- defensive rules of the last 15 years have been very QB and WR friendly- the 80's was brutal, rip your damn head off football. Different game if defenses could treat Brady as they did Montana
    The athletic training is also miles better than it was in Montana's day along with better safety equipment. The offenses were very run heavy for the most part too. The 49ers Bill Walsh WCO, Don Coryell's Air Coryell, whatever the Dolphins were doing with Marino, and the old run and shoot were basically the only pass first offenses in the league at that time. Now everyone is throwing it at least 30 times a game or more. In the 80's you only did that if you were behind.

Like you said it's just different now as it will be 20 years from now as well. I think because of that you have to kind of eye test players to a degree. Jim Brown is probably the best player I have seen on any media but he doesn't have all the records any more. I feel the same with Montana. He was amazing in not only how he commanded the huddle, how accurate he was but also how accurate he was on the run. He may or may not be the GOAT but I do think that he is without question the gold standard for QB's. I think he changed the game and how people evaluate QB's. Brady is awesome but I don't think he changed the game or how people evaluate the position. Mahomes certainly could and probably has. You really see the baseball influence with Mahomes with how he changes arm angles at times like an infielder or a baseball player would. And I see Sawyer Robertson doing some of that in high school and no doubt he will bring that to us as well. And I'm sure lots of other QB's are doing the same.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Rogers probably needs to find a new team, he is a very talented great player but maybe it's just me I think we has worn out his welcome in GB. Fact is I'm not a fan of him nor GB, never was a GB fan even with the Bart Starr years. I was a Colt fan with Johnny U, Lenny Moore, Raymond Berry, John Mackey and Jimmy Orr. I have to laugh as you youngsters are saying who were those guys? They were real football players, great players!

Showing my age because I remember every one of those guys . . . . . and yes, they were all GREAT players.