Thread: Merry Flipmas?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Ok. Everyone we signed is going to be an All American.I did not say Harmon was not going to be any good. We will be able to use Harmon in situations. He is a big body that can get position and be a possession guy and win battles in the red zone. He is not going to be the feature guy in this offense like Tulu or a Knox or Malik Heath or Payton or Walley has the potential to be because of their skill set.
    I think people are missing the point here. Ole Miss is all about perception. The point of flipmas is to publicly undermine State with a petty recruiting gambit and to undermine our recruiting with late hurdles. They are all about winning the press conference publicly and dirty, underhanded tricks privately.

The point of the poster I think is that unlike Dan or Joe this staff, through a combination of luck and planning, just went about their business with components that arguably equivalent, and from here we just has to see how it all shakes out.

I would say they could have closed better, but in general this staff is very professional and they will not be caught flat footed by SEC recruiting tactics a second time.

As an aside, it is crazy we always end up talking about the last minute commitments for months - these are the high drama kids who create or participate in these tug of war scenarios for attention. The players who made a commitment early and stuck by it are the ones worth talking about. But human nature, I guess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkerhill View Post
    I think people are missing the point here. Ole Miss is all about perception. The point of flipmas is to publicly undermine State with a petty recruiting gambit and to undermine our recruiting with late hurdles. They are all about winning the press conference publicly and dirty, underhanded tricks privately.

The point of the poster I think is that unlike Dan or Joe this staff, through a combination of luck and planning, just went about their business with components that arguably equivalent, and from here we just has to see how it all shakes out.

I would say they could have closed better, but in general this staff is very professional and they will not be caught flat footed by SEC recruiting tactics a second time.

As an aside, it is crazy we always end up talking about the last minute commitments for months - these are the high drama kids who create or participate in these tug of war scenarios for attention. The players who made a commitment early and stuck by it are the ones worth talking about. But human nature, I guess.
    Great post!

vCash

Well, ole miss shit in their lunch kit with the Pounders deal high school coaches all over this state will remember that!
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash

There is very little correlation between who fans are worried about on signing day and who ends up being important. I don't remember anything about B. Mckinney, but we all knew who CJ johnson was. Knew who Snoop or whatever his name was but didn't know who Kendrick Market was except they were teammates.

There's certainly some correlation. We all knew who Chris Jones was. Knew who AJ was. Knew who MOncrief was. Dak was a big deal (to us) as a recruit. But there are players like KJ Wright? Jonathan Banks? Don't remember a lot of discussion of them. And on the flipside everybody knew who the deaf defensive back was that flamed out at Ole Miss. Knew who the undersized WR/DB that orchestrated a flip (can't even come up with his name now), tobias singleton, etc.