Let's look at how this has gone so far this year.

Makylan Pounders- 24/7 composite 3 star 0.8519 and 24/7 3 star 86

The crazy thing is he is already technically a bust for Ole Miss because they dropped him and I have no idea why you would try to flip a player you weren't 100% sure you were going to take. The Clarion-Ledger dropped the ball big time on what should be a cautionary tale for those who play games. Our staff will make sure that others are alerted however, and I can't imagine doing this to an in state player helps matters in state. Of course, when your head coach is actively looking for another job he probably doesn't care too much about the long term.

MSU replaced him with Canon Boone- 24/7 composite 3 star 0.8552 and 24/7 3 star 87

So, MSU replaced Pounders with a slightly higher rated and more versatile offensive lineman in Boone who can play center as well as guard. Win for MSU.

Brandon Buckhaulter- 24/7 composite 3 star 0.8743 and 24/7 3 star 88

At 6-3 220, He would have fit the same role as Spivey in Leach's offense. There were question marks about speed and effort however.

MSU replaced Buckhaulter with Antonio Harmon- 24/7 composite 4 star 0.9009 and 24/7 3 star 88

MSU ended up with a slightly taller and higher rated version of Buckhaulter and a player who is known for having a high work ethic. The bonus here is this one has to hurt for the Ole Miss bagman known as "The Driver" as he tries to steer anyone from his hometown....I mean comes into contact with away from MSU.

And then last but not least...

MJ Daniels- 24/7 composite 3 star 0.8872 and 24/7 4 star 92

This is the guy who played games this year and still wants to get attention. Per rumor he also put a big dent in the Ole Miss bag account to the point where they basically got over their skis and promised more than they could deliver so Daniels basically has them on credit. Hope he gets that cash!

MSU replaced him with Jalen Green a 24/7 composite 4 star 0.9762 and a 24/7 5 star 98

MSU gets a veteran P5 DB who can play FS or CB who was much higher rated. However, like a free agent signing vs. a prospect from the farm in baseball there is the argument of higher known value for 2 years in Green vs the potential 4 years with Daniels. However, given the history of Ole Miss's Flipmas elves and the apparent money issues with boosters, I'd say the odds of Daniels staying at Ole Miss is relatively low making the risk worth the reward.

Anyway, Tis the season to be jolly and laugh at Ole Miss... again.