Quote Originally Posted by Walkerhill View Post
I think people are missing the point here. Ole Miss is all about perception. The point of flipmas is to publicly undermine State with a petty recruiting gambit and to undermine our recruiting with late hurdles. They are all about winning the press conference publicly and dirty, underhanded tricks privately.

The point of the poster I think is that unlike Dan or Joe this staff, through a combination of luck and planning, just went about their business with components that arguably equivalent, and from here we just has to see how it all shakes out.

I would say they could have closed better, but in general this staff is very professional and they will not be caught flat footed by SEC recruiting tactics a second time.

As an aside, it is crazy we always end up talking about the last minute commitments for months - these are the high drama kids who create or participate in these tug of war scenarios for attention. The players who made a commitment early and stuck by it are the ones worth talking about. But human nature, I guess.
Well, ole miss shit in their lunch kit with the Pounders deal high school coaches all over this state will remember that!