Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walk Ons in Starkville

vCash

Walk Ons in Starkville

Where is the Walk Ons being built in Starkville? I understand it is due to open in April.

vCash
    I can't verify 100% but from what I've heard both the plans for Gondoliers old spot and another spot on 12 near neighborhood Walmart have been passed on. I think I would have heard about a different spot if April was the timeframe

vCash
    Thanks. I read on the Walk Ons web site that the Starkville location is to be the next one to open and in April. They better get busy moving dirt for an April opening.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    The one in Hattiesburg is awful.
    Romans 5:8

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    I've had a good experience in the one in Hattiesburg every time I've went. What's your beef with that one?

vCash
    The one in Bham is good..... It's all about the staff.

vCash
    I have been to all of the ones in Louisiana and Hattiesburg. I rate Baton Rouge and Shreveport very high on Talent alone. Denham Springs and West Monroe come in next on talent. New Orleans is okay but Zachary,La. is better. Hattiesburg has an extremely young staff and that may affect service there. Lafayette, La. has lots of talent, but the food is up and down. May be good one time and not as good the next.

vCash
    Not surprising though really

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    I've had a good experience in the one in Hattiesburg every time I've went. What's your beef with that one?
    I have never ordered something first that’s they had. In 3 trips there I’ve never tasted food that I liked.
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Thanks. I read on the Walk Ons web site that the Starkville location is to be the next one to open and in April. They better get busy moving dirt for an April opening.
    Looked at the site and can find no listing for Starkville. Future locations in MS listed as:

Gulfport/Biloxi, MS
    Jackson, MS
    Oxford, MS
    Southaven, MS

No red or blue flags on Starkville!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    I have been to all of the ones in Louisiana and Hattiesburg. I rate Baton Rouge and Shreveport very high on Talent alone. Denham Springs and West Monroe come in next on talent. New Orleans is okay but Zachary,La. is better. Hattiesburg has an extremely young staff and that may affect service there. Lafayette, La. has lots of talent, but the food is up and down. May be good one time and not as good the next.
    Is Walk-ons a "breastaurant"? Or do you mean actual talent at serving food? I've never been and can't really tell from your comment.

vCash
    I have never ordered something first that?s they had. In 3 trips there I?ve never tasted food that I liked.
    The one in Hattiesburg is decent, but it is not a place I go a lot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Is Walk-ons a "breastaurant"? Or do you mean actual talent at serving food? I've never been and can't really tell from your comment.
    No, but the waitresses are all in cheerleader outfits that any high school would find acceptable.

vCash
    It wasn't before the Covid. The mayor has really been heavy handed with Covid guidelines and it's hurt some places.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 01-22-2021 at 05:56 PM.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    I have never had a dish that I didn’t enjoy at Walk Ons anywhere to include Hattiesburg. They have a lot of Cajun and seafood dishes that are as good as any chain restaurants anywhere. I would obviously prefer a local spot, which brings me to a question that I can’t figure out. Why are Starkville local bar owners not smart enough to realize that people want to watch sports in their bars? The ones in the cotton district especially have almost zero access to televisions. Starkville needs our version of Oxford’s Library in the worst way. Two Brothers is the only one that even comes close to having enough tv’s for me to sit there on a weekend and watch games all day. I end up going to Wild Wings or now I will go to Walk Ons for that reason. Most men want to watch sports when they are on tv. A bar should have that. Sorry for the rant.
    Last edited by Jarius; 01-22-2021 at 06:17 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BiscuitEater View Post
    Looked at the site and can find no listing for Starkville. Future locations in MS listed as:

Gulfport/Biloxi, MS
    Jackson, MS
    Oxford, MS
    Southaven, MS

No red or blue flags on Starkville!
    It should list Tupelo, Starkville, and Meridian. They may have pushed dates back due to covid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    It should list Tupelo, Starkville, and Meridian. They may have pushed dates back due to covid.
    The article I read was about how they are creating smaller footprint restaurants and The Starkville, Ms. location will be the first of the smaller ones, not significantly smaller, but a couple hundred square feet smaller.

vCash
    I bet Oxford gets one first, hell I wouldn't be surprised if they decide not to open one in Starkville. Oxford is outgrowing Starkville at a pretty rapid pace right now, and I think has more residents for the first time ever. MSU and Starkville need to find a way to attract more retired alums to move there. It would sure help the local businesses and allow for growth. That's the biggest difference between the two places from what I see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    I bet Oxford gets one first, hell I wouldn't be surprised if they decide not to open one in Starkville. Oxford is outgrowing Starkville at a pretty rapid pace right now, and I think has more residents for the first time ever. MSU and Starkville need to find a way to attract more retired alums to move there. It would sure help the local businesses and allow for growth. That's the biggest difference between the two places from what I see.
    Oxford City/Lafayette County Government >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Starkville City/Oktibbeha County Government ..... plus residents in Oxford/Lafayette embrace the University, unlike Starkville/Oktibbeha County residents.

vCash
    Not ok.