Thread: We have to hire a special teams coach

vCash

We have to hire a special teams coach

Blocked field goal
    Blocked punt
    30 yard punt
    KO return for TD (even though it was moved back the 10)

All of the above plays were very costly tonight. Special teams problems aren't a new thing nor have they ever been fixed.

2 point conversion calls have to improve as well.

vCash
    This can't be said enough.

vCash
    Don't forget the roughing the kicker. Not sure if they scored on that drive or not.

vCash
    They did not. We got the INT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post
    Don't forget the roughing the kicker. Not sure if they scored on that drive or not.
    Very true, but we actually benefited from that because Love intercepted a pass a few plays later and we got better field position than the punt would've given us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big4Dawg View Post
    I don't really have a problem with that one. Don't like that it happen but it was a mistake of agression and I can accept those.

vCash
    Didn't we have kick off coverage issues last year? This seems like a common issue from year to year.

vCash
    Absolutely support this thread, shit is ridiculous to watch.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deltadawg99 View Post
    Blocked field goal
    Blocked punt
    30 yard punt
    KO return for TD (even though it was moved back the 10)

All of the above plays were very costly tonight. Special teams problems aren't a new thing nor have they ever been fixed.

2 point conversion calls have to improve as well.
    Or we could just get rid of the problem with all phases of the game and hire a real coach, named HUD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TopDog58 View Post
    Or we could just get rid of the problem with all phases of the game and hire a real coach, named HUD.
    I ask this question not because I'm anti HUD or because I'm pro Mullen, im not either one, but what is acceptable for HUD as your next head coach? 8 wins a year minimum? 8 on avg every 4? 9 per year or avg? 10? Or is it one signature win per 4 years and losses to patsies are ok if that happens? What? I really would love to hear this honestly.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I ask this question not because I'm anti HUD or because I'm pro Mullen, im not either one, but what is acceptable for HUD as your next head coach? 8 wins a year minimum? 8 on avg every 4? 9 per year or avg? 10? Or is it one signature win per 4 years and losses to patsies are ok if that happens? What? I really would love to hear this honestly.
    well for starters win the games your supposed to win (dan does that)... convincingly (dan doesn't always do this see bowling green game).... and win a few along the way that your not favored to win ( Dan NEVER does) ... That is just my view.. Having said that I believe next year dan would win 7 games max but I could see 9 with Hud. Again, just my two pennies worth.