Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: De'Runnya Wilson

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    You can only teach catching up to a point. Soft hands and the ability to go grab anything near you is something you either have or you don't. Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, Mike Evans, etc. weren't taught to catch the ball as well as they do. It's instinctive. Julio Jones makes big plays, but he also struggles with the drops. No one argues that Holloway doesn't have elite speed, because he clearly does. The problem is that he doesn't have anywhere near elite hands as a WR. He can improve, but he'll never be a guy who is a reliable WR, either.

And you're only a "homerun waiting to happen" if you actually catch the damn ball.
    True but his 5 step separation deserves more evidence that he can't catch. So again how many drops is a 60 yard touchdown worth? Idk but we all know he has elite speed. He's a freshman too so maybe he had some nerves or maybe he didn't expect Dak would actually throw it to him since he never does.

vCash
    I would use Holloway at running back- like a scat back and kick returner once Jameon graduates. I'm not real wild about him at WR.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Over the last 20 years we have had a few Jackson Highschool guys and most of them turned out to be pretty good. Isn't he out of Jim Hill?

Wilson went to Wenonah High in Birmingham.

vCash
    Wilson- Wenonah H. S.- B'ham. 2012 Mr. Basketball in Ala. Did not play fb until his jr. yr.

Banned
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullmutt View Post
    Wilson- Wenonah H. S.- B'ham. 2012 Mr. Basketball in Ala. Did not play fb until his jr. yr.
    He's probably good enough to start for the bball team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by War Machine Dawg View Post
    You can only teach catching up to a point. Soft hands and the ability to go grab anything near you is something you either have or you don't. Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, Mike Evans, etc. weren't taught to catch the ball as well as they do. It's instinctive. Julio Jones makes big plays, but he also struggles with the drops. No one argues that Holloway doesn't have elite speed, because he clearly does. The problem is that he doesn't have anywhere near elite hands as a WR. He can improve, but he'll never be a guy who is a reliable WR, either.

And you're only a "homerun waiting to happen" if you actually catch the
    damn ball.
    I think you judge too early. Holloway will get it together. He's a freshman.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I would use Holloway at running back- like a scat back and kick returner once Jameon graduates. I'm not real wild about him at WR.
    My thoughts as well. Work him in at PR and KR more as it is.

vCash
    Don't care what you say about Holloway's "elite" speed. Yea he's fast, but the type of speed I like to see if what I saw our of Josh Robinson on that break away... no one was catching that guy. That's a situation in which Jameon Lewis has gotten run down. I think we are too quick to label quick guys with "elite" speed.

vCash
    Didn't Jameon struggle to catch the ball early in his career? I know he struggled with fumbles.

Holloway still has time to get it together.