Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Signed up for the Covid vaccine today.

vCash

Signed up for the Covid vaccine today.

Get my first shot next Wednesday.

vCash
    How'd you qualify?

vCash
    Mine is scheduled for February 8th. Signed up on the MDHS website

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    How'd you qualify?
    If you're 18 and older and have a pre-existing condition you now qualify.

vCash
    I hope everyone takes advantage of getting the vaccine when they can. Covid is awful..... The lingering affects are strange too

vCash
    Got mine last week, Sunday, through the VA. No problems at all. We get moderna.

vCash
    I got it last week. Weird side effects. My ear turned red with a rash and my pecker grew 7 inches. Seeing spots and ran fever a couple days. Dr said it would clear up and straighten out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    I got it last week. Weird side effects. My ear turned red with a rash and my pecker grew 7 inches. Seeing spots and ran fever a couple days. Dr said it would clear up and straighten out.
    Side effects seem to be similar to mild effects of the virus. You need to drink a lot of water. Seeing spots is a sign of this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    If this was a side affect we would have herd immunity by Valentine's Day.

vCash
    Really the thing is it's either take the vaccine or get COVID. Either way will achieve herd immunity eventually. One path is easier and less risky than the other.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Really the thing is it's either take the vaccine or get COVID. Either way will achieve herd immunity eventually. One path is easier and less risky than the other.
    It appears I will get to do both...

vCash
    Sounds like Mississippi is doing better with the vaccine implementation than Texas. It's a mess here. I'm one of the early qualifiers and I've pretty much given up trying to get it for the foreseeable future. Hope things start getting better for you guys soon.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    Getting my first shot tomorrow. MD Anderson reached out to me and recommended I get it ASAP. I was able to get in tomorrow locally.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    It appears I will get to do both...
    Lucky you, right?

vCash
    Well, it's been a few hours and I'm still alive and I have both my feet still. So far I'm good!! Goin hunting this evening!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DownwardDawg View Post
    Well, it's been a few hours and I'm still alive and I have both my feet still. So far I'm good!! Goin hunting this evening!!
    Did your pecker grow 7", too? Wife is wondering if that's a common side effect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I would argue that it's actually more risky for us to get to herd immunity using the vaccine. If we all just get COVID, lots of people will die, but the vast majority will recover with no problems. If we all get the vaccine, most likely a lot fewer people will die, but if there is a problem with the vaccine or if it really is just an excuse to put Bill Gates's microchip in everybody, we 17ed. I guess that risk is reduced somewhat by having two different vaccines, but I suspect Gates has the juice to get his microchip in both of them.*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    I would argue that it's actually more risky for us to get to herd immunity using the vaccine. If we all just get COVID, lots of people will die, but the vast majority will recover with no problems. If we all get the vaccine, most likely a lot fewer people will die, but if there is a problem with the vaccine or if it really is just an excuse to put Bill Gates's microchip in everybody, we 17ed. I guess that risk is reduced somewhat by having two different vaccines, but I suspect Gates has the juice to get his microchip in both of them.*
    Insanity. Hopefully the * applies to your whole post.

Official Elitedawg Weather Forecaster TheRef's Avatar
    vCash
    So I qualified for the vaccine up here in Minnesota due to working with the SO. I received the Moderna vaccine and only experienced some site-area pain for 48-72 hours. Besides that, I had no other effects. My coworker, which she is about 110 lbs soaking wet wearing a heavy coat, had the worst of the side-effects. She had extreme arm pain, headaches, and ringing in the ears. Her symptoms subsided after 72 hours, but that seems to be a common side effect for those getting the Moderna vaccine. She also has a gluten and dairy allergy, so that may have factored into her side effects.
    B.S. Geosciences, Professional Meteorology Concentration, Operational Emphasis
    c/o 2015
    Mississippi State University
    @Norwoodwx
    Leicester City FC Owner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Did your pecker grow 7", too? Wife is wondering if that's a common side effect.
    Yes!!!! It's crazy. Finally got 8"!!!