Thread: Cohen to Tenn as AD? Let's make this happen.

vCash

Cohen to Tenn as AD? Let's make this happen.

This is just wishful thinking. It could be a win win for everyone. We could get a qualified athletic director and he could go clean up the UT program. He could even take McCray-Penson back to her alma mater.

vCash
    He could be a package deal with WBB coach to TN. ***
    Sorry, just could not resist that joke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark View Post
    This is just wishful thinking. It could be a win win for everyone. We could get a qualified athletic director and he could go clean up the UT program. He could even take McCray-Penson back to her alma mater.
    What makes you so sure of this?
    "I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." -- Arthur C. Clarke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark View Post
    Sounds awesome.

Tennessee would have an AD that calls Larry Templeton everyday and consults with LT about all major decisions. It's like two ADs in one.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    Sounds awesome.

Tennessee would have an AD that calls Larry Templeton everyday and consults with LT about all major decisions. It's like two ADs in one.
    Or they would be like we currently are and have 3 competent coaches in the sports that people actually give a shit about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Or they would be like we currently are and have 3 competent coaches in the sports that people actually give a shit about.
    3? You mean our BB coach who was third guy offered. Our MBB coach who he didn't hire. Or our FB coach who he has called out several times about his beliefs... we are so well run.

You don't have a clue

vCash
    LT is NOT a fan of the idiot cojenz...

Trust me on that...
    Keenum is a different story...

vCash
    Everyone can complain about him but the fact, we've only hired one AD without MSU ties since forever. It's a booster problem. They don't care about winning. Just access and power.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reunion Dog View Post
    LT is NOT a fan of the idiot cojenz...

Trust me on that...
    Keenum is a different story...
    Well Keemun and Cohen have about the same job performance so that's not shocking. Does Tennessee need a new president as well?

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    3? You mean our BB coach who was third guy offered. Our MBB coach who he didn't hire. Or our FB coach who he has called out several times about his beliefs... we are so well run.

You don't have a clue
    Yes, I mean our baseball coach who had us in the world series year one and has 3 1st round draft picks on the mound in year 3 with a great shot at going to Omaha again. Who gives a shit which choice he was? He was the right one. Yes, I mean our basketball coach who has apparently ok enough with how the department is run to stay here 4 years with him as the AD. Yes, I mean our football coach who he hired knowing his different beliefs and continues to work with to include having the foresight to help him lock up an outstanding defensive coordinator during the middle of a 2-6 start to the season. We have 3 good coaches in the 3 main sports and we are on the rise in every one of those sports. I am sorry that his political beliefs are different than yours. His political beliefs are different than mine as well. Saying we are the worst run athletic department in the conference (especially when Tennessee and LSU are dealing with those shit shows) makes you sound like someone with an axe to grind instead of someone who knows what they are talking about.
    Last edited by Jarius; 01-19-2021 at 12:03 PM.

vCash
    You either need to put that crack pipe down .. or share with ALL of us.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reunion Dog View Post
    You either need to put that crack pipe down .. or share with ALL of us.
    Invite me to your next key party and I’ll bring the crack.
    Last edited by Jarius; 01-20-2021 at 08:03 AM.

vCash
    Well, right now, I would guess less than half the fan base gives a shit about Men?s Basketball. And this past fall. The apathy towards football was probably at an all time high. So maybe the fan base needs to give a crap about the minor sports to find some interest in our Athletics Departments current state of affairs. No Pun intended.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Well, right now, I would guess less than half the fan base gives a shit about Men?s Basketball. And this past fall. The apathy towards football was probably at an all time high. So maybe the fan base needs to give a crap about the minor sports to find some interest in our Athletics Departments current state of affairs. No Pun intended.
    No one has given a shit about men’s basketball throughout our last 3 athletic directors. For whatever reason we have to be elite in that sport for people to care. Leach is going to have the fanbase engaged starting this year. After the LSU game our fans wanted to suck Cohen’s dick for that hire. Once Leach proves to a group of idiots on here that he didn’t just forget how to coach and a drop 8 defense didn’t just magically stop his offense 30 years into his tenure, no one will be upset with Cohen. A lot of football apathy had to do with the pandemic and no crowds, along with our mid season collapse. People were more optimistic by the end of the year.
    Last edited by Jarius; 01-20-2021 at 11:16 AM.

vCash
    No one has given a shit about men’s basketball throughout our last 3 athletic directors. For whatever reason we have to be elite in that sport for people to care. Leach is going to have the fanbase engaged starting this year. After the LSU game our fans wanted to suck Cohen’s dick for that hire. Once Leach proves to a group of idiots on here that he didn’t just forget how to coach and a drop 8 defense didn’t just magically stop his offense 30 years into his tenure, no one will be upset with Cohen. A lot of football apathy had to do with the pandemic and no crowds, along with our mid season collapse. People were more optimistic by the end of the year.
    100% agree

vCash
    Cohen is not the worst AD in the conference as evident from other schools like LSU and Tennessee, but if the standard we are holding our AD too is just to not be scandalous, then that?s not saying much. I actually don?t fault Cohen for the basketball situation because he is in a tough spot. That is Stricklands fault for his hires, especially the Rick Ray disaster. Howland has done just enough to not get fired and I wouldn?t want him fired until after we get a new AD because I?m sure Cohen would hire Rick Ray 2.0

Cohen is 100 percent to blame for the football and women?s basketball issues. His baseball search was a train wreck but he did seem to at least do well with Lemonis. Leach is still an unknown but year 1 was nothing special. Moorhead hire was just absolutely insane especially given the fact he looked at Pruitt, Morris and Moorhead as his 3 top choices. He will definitely win back many people if Leach succeeds and gets us back to Mullen level or better, but right now he has not done anything of note to be warranted any praise

vCash
    Yes, I mean our baseball coach who had us in the world series year one and has 3 1st round draft picks on the mound in year 3 with a great shot at going to Omaha again. Who gives a shit which choice he was? He was the right one. Yes, I mean our basketball coach who has apparently ok enough with how the department is run to stay here 4 years with him as the AD. Yes, I mean our football coach who he hired knowing his different beliefs and continues to work with to include having the foresight to help him lock up an outstanding defensive coordinator during the middle of a 2-6 start to the season. We have 3 good coaches in the 3 main sports and we are on the rise in every one of those sports. I am sorry that his political beliefs are different than yours. His political beliefs are different than mine as well. Saying we are the worst run athletic department in the conference (especially when Tennessee and LSU are dealing with those shit shows) makes you sound like someone with an axe to grind instead of someone who knows what they are talking about.
    You do realize that when people gripe about Cohen it's not just the hires right? Under Cohen we've taken multiple steps back in gameday ops and athletic marketing as well. That's got nothing to do with his politics. Some may not like him for his politics, but most don't like him because he was ill prepared for this job and he's shown it multiple times over the last 4 years. Former coaches almost never make good ADs. I've said it from the beginning that if Cohen didn't want to coach anymore we should've made him Baseball GM or something. Give him a fancy title to make him feel important, but not AD. I'm always rooting for John because he was a good coach for us and I actually think both of his baseball hires have been home runs from an on field perspective. If he would just focus on baseball and fundraising, he'd be a lot better. Let someone who has experience handle marketing and gameday ops for the other sports.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    You do realize that when people gripe about Cohen it's not just the hires right? Under Cohen we've taken multiple steps back in gameday ops and athletic marketing as well. That's got nothing to do with his politics. Some may not like him for his politics, but most don't like him because he was ill prepared for this job and he's shown it multiple times over the last 4 years. Former coaches almost never make good ADs. I've said it from the beginning that if Cohen didn't want to coach anymore we should've made him Baseball GM or something. Give him a fancy title to make him feel important, but not AD. I'm always rooting for John because he was a good coach for us and I actually think both of his baseball hires have been home runs from an on field perspective. If he would just focus on baseball and fundraising, he'd be a lot better. Let someone who has experience handle marketing and gameday ops for the other sports.
    You do realize that LSU and Tennessee are both going to get Lack of institutional control right? You realize LSU is literally stealing money from a children’s hospital and covering up sexual assault while Tennessee just found more violations than anyone in the history of college football correct? When he says stupid shit like he said it is painfully obvious he doesn’t know what he’s talking about. People who actually know what is going on in our AD don’t put the shit on ED, because they would quit getting information if they did. There are things Cohen needs to improve on and there are things that I can tell he has already improved upon. Do I think he was the best hire possible? Idk, probably not. I do think I have seen tangible upgrades to him as an AD since he has taken over though. When he sees a problem that needs to be fixed he is not too hard headed to fix it. Gameday operations is one of those. He fired the entire event staff last year for that. It is too hard to tell if the new staff is better because of COVID being in place, but a measure was taken to fix it. Just yesterday people were talking about how he can’t take credit for the Howland hire and now today people are screaming about how we suck in basketball and need to fire Cohen for it. When people get an idea in their head they run with it and never ever change their mind because they won’t allow themselves to think they had a wrong opinion to start with.
    Last edited by Jarius; 01-20-2021 at 02:04 PM.