Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: D1 Baseball Top 25

vCash

D1 Baseball Top 25

[tweet2]1351168225661366278[/tweet2]

MSU at #7.

UF #1, Vandy #4, OM #6, Arky #8, LSU #12.

If we open the season in the Arlington tournament, we'll have 3 top 10 opponents.

vCash
    Did I read somewhere that the SEC schedule would remain the same as last season, as far as home/away opponents?

vCash
    Yes, SEC schedule is same but dates aren?t.

vCash
    Seems that Vandy and Louisville are 1a and 1b to me.

They are stacked. Especially Vandy with elite players

Florida's best player is Tommy Mace, he does not compare with Rocker. Mace has nice stats from 2020 from beating Troy, Marshall, and South Florida. But didn't Rocker win a national title already, seems so long ago.

vCash
    I think Florida was pretty stout in the field last year, many of them being very young. Vandy should have the best 1 & 2 in the country with Rocker and Leiter but other than that, I don’t know what vandy will have.

vCash
    Well there's alot of talk we may have the best weekend rotation in the country.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    The tweet that I saw mentioned the upside of our rotation (Bednar, Macleod, and Cerantola). We are confident in Macleod, and Bednar looked really good the little he got to pitch, especially for a freshman but Cerantola has to put it together. Cerantola could be a 1st rounder or he could not even be a weekend starter midway into the season. If he puts it together, we could have a Friday guy throwing on sundays.
    Last edited by AlSwearengen; 01-18-2021 at 07:50 PM.

vCash
    Mace has really good stuff. They were awfully young last year but they are extremely talented.
    "The QB and the receiver weren't on the same page there, but hey its only week eleven". (Jack Cristil)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    3 top-60 pitchers according to MLB... with Spencer Price and Landon Sims not included on the list.

Those two guys have have All American capabilities

Next year could be the year of the dead bat among top Programs due to pitching quality. Wonder if the bunt is the new black.
    Last edited by The Federalist Engineer; 01-18-2021 at 08:52 PM.

vCash
    Expect lots of low scoring games. Expect bunting to play a larger role.

vCash
    Tullar can be a Sunday guy if cerrantola keeps having command issues. He has a chance to be a big leaguer. In the minors they just let you work through it. Wins and losses don't matter. On college you can't sit and watch a guy consistently do that. I hope this is the turn the corner year. But I have my doubts. He will be brilliant once and bad to below avg 3 times. . Hard to deal w that in this league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Tullar can be a Sunday guy if cerrantola keeps having command issues. He has a chance to be a big leaguer. In the minors they just let you work through it. Wins and losses don't matter. On college you can't sit and watch a guy consistently do that. I hope this is the turn the corner year. But I have my doubts. He will be brilliant once and bad to below avg 3 times. . Hard to deal w that in this league.
    I have my doubts too. I didn't think he showed the growth he needed to from two years ago to last year (granted it was a short season). Last year, we really didn't have anyone pushing to take his spot. We will this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MsStateBaseball View Post
    Expect lots of low scoring games. Expect bunting to play a larger role.
    If you are on here saying this it makes me officially concerned about us on offense

vCash
    But with the experienced bats we have I was thinking we would be ok hitting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    This is true. We can't afford to have guys figure stuff out in SEC play. That's a BIG reason why I like MLB and college over MiLB. Minor League baseball needs to find a way for the teams to be more competitive IMO and less "Hey everyone come out and see Big Bird and Zorro the Clown! And it's Taco night!" Not to mention the ridiculous names that they insist on having.

Anyway- Cerentola could either become Stratton/Hudson or he could be a guy that figures it out in the minors. Of course, in my experience usually if you don't figure it out in college you're probably not going to figure it out in the minors either. Anyway, if Cerentola does struggle but he is a one time through the order guy he could be useful out of the bullpen or be used as an opener. Not sure that we would really need him to do that though.

It seems to me like we have a lot of guys that have high end arms and are able to throw hard but command and experience is a question for many of them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    But with the experienced bats we have I was thinking we would be ok hitting
    I think we'll be OK hitting. But the thing is we don't have very many experienced power hitters. Logan Tanner, Kamren James, and Kellum Clark are all freshmen or sophomores. Hatcher and Rowdey might hit 5 home runs or so and maybe even Tanner Allen but outside of that it's mostly contact type guys. I don't think we'll be bunting a ton honestly. Kind of depends on if Brayland Skinner lands a starting job. Skinner and Dubrule along with Rowdey are our speed guys and those are typically who your bunters are. And maybe a light hitting catcher which we don't have because Tanner and Hancock are pretty good hitters.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    This is true. We can't afford to have guys figure stuff out in SEC play. That's a BIG reason why I like MLB and college over MiLB. Minor League baseball needs to find a way for the teams to be more competitive IMO and less "Hey everyone come out and see Big Bird and Zorro the Clown! And it's Taco night!" Not to mention the ridiculous names that they insist on having.

Anyway- Cerentola could either become Stratton/Hudson or he could be a guy that figures it out in the minors. Of course, in my experience usually if you don't figure it out in college you're probably not going to figure it out in the minors either. Anyway, if Cerentola does struggle but he is a one time through the order guy he could be useful out of the bullpen or be used as an opener. Not sure that we would really need him to do that though.

It seems to me like we have a lot of guys that have high end arms and are able to throw hard but command and experience is a question for many of them.
    Agree on all counts....

vCash

Dang Todd you let me down! I kinda like the crazy minor league team names 😂

Agree on everything else!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Dang Todd you let me down! I kinda like the crazy minor league team names ��

Agree on everything else!
    I'll get you a New Orleans Baby Cakes hat for Christmas!**

vCash
    I'll get you a New Orleans Baby Cakes hat for Christmas!**
    Thanks, Man!

Always loved the Albuquerque Isotopes, great name, ha!