Thread: Arnett

vCash

Arnett

The only way Arnett leaves now is if Texas gets Golding (possible) and the evil empire comes for Arnett and teaches him the cover 7 and rip liz match

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    Speaking of Bama. Charles Huff is your new HC at Marshall. Quick rise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    Marshall was an odd opening - Doc Holiday wins CUSA Coach of the Year and they don't renew his contract? Don't know if I'd be comfortable taking that job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    Marshall was an odd opening - Doc Holiday wins CUSA Coach of the Year and they don't renew his contract? Don't know if I'd be comfortable taking that job.
    Not only that, it seemed like common knowledge that there was mutual political interference in that situation. Trying to remember if it was the governor or someone else, but it was said that Holliday had a contentious relationship with someone higher up in WV politics and they pressured the university to make a change.

Obviously that will happen, but not sure I would be running to a place like that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    Wasn't impressed with Huff during his time at MSU. Jumped at the chance to leave for Bama. Got labeled as a great recruiter in his two years there. Heck, 'anybody' would be a great recruiter at Bama!

'Something' crazy and political is going on at Marshal and I think he should have stayed at Bama or gone to PSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Not only that, it seemed like common knowledge that there was mutual political interference in that situation. Trying to remember if it was the governor or someone else, but it was said that Holliday had a contentious relationship with someone higher up in WV politics and they pressured the university to make a change.

Obviously that will happen, but not sure I would be running to a place like that.
    It was the governor who along with the BOT refused to renew Holliday's contract. There issues go back to 2017. The problem between them I do not know.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msudawg1200 View Post
    It was the governor who along with the BOT refused to renew Holliday's contract. There issues go back to 2017. The problem between them I do not know.
    Wonder if he said Pizza Rolls suck ass and offended the people of West Virginia?

By the way they do not suck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    The only way Arnett leaves now is if Texas gets Golding (possible) and the evil empire comes for Arnett and teaches him the cover 7 and rip liz match
    I can't see Arnett going somewhere where he will be expected to kind of use his 3-3-5 scheme as a compliment to someone else's defense. I've heard that's part of the reason why it fell apart for him at LSU. Coach O wanted to run Pete Carroll's 4-3 defense and add Arnett's stuff to it like they added Brady/Payton's schemes together a couple of years ago.

vCash
    It's being reported that Texas is now targeting Washington's DC, so Arnett was either way down the list or they have moved on already.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DCdawg View Post
    It's being reported that Texas is now targeting Washington's DC, so Arnett was either way down the list or they have moved on already.
    Texas doesn't seem like a viable option because Arnett wants control of the Defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DCdawg View Post
    I mean you kinda have to ask... Washington a threat now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Falcon View Post
    I mean you kinda have to ask... Washington a threat now?
    Jimmy Lake is the HC there and he's their old DC under Peterson. He runs the D so like it's been said before, I doubt Arnett goes anywhere that he's not going to be given complete control over the D.