Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Drew Brees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    Sorry Msstate..... your boys are gonna have to rebuild some of that offense when Drew retires.
    Well we are losing the OC and some other coaches. We are also taking a cap penalty, dob;t remember how much, according to Bobby. Next year might be not that good. When i heard that we were missing Hill and Murray and the LB who started infront of Anzolone I knew we were in trouble. The Bucs were going to stop Karmona and makre Drew beat them. Deja' Vue from last years playoff loss.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    Sorry Msstate..... your boys are gonna have to rebuild some of that offense when Drew retires.
    Hopefully Thomas is back to being Thomas next season. I feel like his struggles are directly tied to that ankle he sprained week 1. AK is gonna be good at least a few more years. Sanders has been good... hopefully he has another good year in him. Right now, we need to get Ramczyk's deal done. If we keep Ram, the oline should still be top flight. I'd love to draft a wr late 1st if a good one is there. Maybe Sean goes with najee Harris. Harris, AK, and the saints oline would be formidable.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Brees? arm has been going for a few years. Can?t remember if last year or 2 years ago. Game against the Eagles. I was in the dome and Drew was putting everything he had into throws and they looked like changeups, compared to a couple years earlier. Not sure if he retires, but he will limited if he continues. Sucks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Brees? arm has been going for a few years. Can?t remember if last year or 2 years ago. Game against the Eagles. I was in the dome and Drew was putting everything he had into throws and they looked like changeups, compared to a couple years earlier. Not sure if he retires, but he will limited if he continues. Sucks.
    Not a Saints fan but is always sad to see when the great ones can't do it physically anymore. Brees was a great one. I remember seeing Willie Mays at the end of his career misplaying fly balls and striking out on pitches he used to crush, it was sad.

"We’re all told at some point in time that we can no longer play the children’s game, we just don’t know when that’s going to be. Some of us are told at eighteen, some of us are told at forty, but we’re all told."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Hopefully Thomas is back to being Thomas next season. I feel like his struggles are directly tied to that ankle he sprained week 1. AK is gonna be good at least a few more years. Sanders has been good... hopefully he has another good year in him. Right now, we need to get Ramczyk's deal done. If we keep Ram, the oline should still be top flight. I'd love to draft a wr late 1st if a good one is there. Maybe Sean goes with najee Harris. Harris, AK, and the saints oline would be formidable.
    Lots of talk today that Thomas is a locker room issue . Won't be surprised to see him traded. With cap problems, it would make sense if a team can handle the contract. This could be a bit of a rebuild on offense. We all know neither QB on the bench can get it done. Need another RB.
    Last edited by Cooterpoot; 01-18-2021 at 02:09 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Lots of talk today that Thomas is a locker room issue . Won't be surprised to see him traded. With cap problems, it would make sense if a team can handle the contract. This could be a bit of a rebuild on offense. We all know neither QB on the bench can get it done. Need another RB.
    Thomas got his money then wanted out of New Orleans.

vCash
    Saints will take a really large cap hit if they trade Thomas.

vCash
    Michael Thomas to have surgery

https://www.si.com/nfl/saints/.amp/n...toid-ligaments

Figured he was playing hurt. Saints seem to always have these huge injuries to key players in the playoffs. Last year it was rankins, Onyemata, and Kamara. This year it was Thomas, kwon Alexander, taysom, and Murray.

I know injuries are part of the game though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Commercecomet24 View Post
    Not a Saints fan but is always sad to see when the great ones can't do it physically anymore. Brees was a great one. I remember seeing Willie Mays at the end of his career misplaying fly balls and striking out on pitches he used to crush, it was sad.

"We’re all told at some point in time that we can no longer play the children’s game, we just don’t know when that’s going to be. Some of us are told at eighteen, some of us are told at forty, but we’re all told."
    Unless you are Julio Franco.**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Didn't he get into a fight with one of the Saints players and get hurt?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Didn't he get into a fight with one of the Saints players and get hurt?
    Nah, he got hurt game 1 in garbage time... thanks Sean Payton. Thomas did punch Gardner-Johnson, and Thomas got suspended by saints for that

vCash
    Unless you are Julio Franco.**
    Or George Blanda for us old guys lol!

vCash
    Nah, he got hurt game 1 in garbage time... thanks Sean Payton. Thomas did punch Gardner-Johnson, and Thomas got suspended by saints for that
    That's what I'm thinking about.

vCash
    Or George Blanda for us old guys lol!
    There is always that one lone survivor every 50 years.

vCash
    That's what I'm thinking about.
    In Thomas' defense, Gardner-Johnson is a punk. His antics have caused 2 WRs to be thrown out of games this year. Gardner-Johnson wants to be called ceedy Duce... ceedy Duce! Only a douche would want to be called ceedy Duce. With all that said, Gardner-Johnson is a good player, and I'm thankful the saints have him haha

vCash
    There is always that one lone survivor every 50 years.
    Yep, and Ol Julio Franco looked like a dang Mr Olympian at that age too. Guy was more ripped older than he was as a younger player and swung a 44 ounce bat. Smh

vCash
    In Thomas' defense, Gardner-Johnson is a punk. His antics have caused 2 WRs to be thrown out of games this year. Gardner-Johnson wants to be called ceedy Duce... ceedy Duce! Only a douche would want to be called ceedy Duce. With all that said, Gardner-Johnson is a good player, and I'm thankful the saints have him haha
    Does "ceedy Duce" have any meaning?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Does "ceedy Duce" have any meaning?
    Who knows? I want no knowledge of the inner workings of Gardner Johnson

vCash
    Yep, and Ol Julio Franco looked like a dang Mr Olympian at that age too. Guy was more ripped older than he was as a younger player and swung a 44 ounce bat. Smh
    That's probably because he was really like 10 when he signed with the Phillies instead of 16 that he no doubt lied about so he could get signed.

vCash
    I would love to see the Saints get Dak when he is available as a free agent. Get a bunch of weapons in the draft the next two years to go along with him and maybe trade Winston.