Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: I think Cohen is the real problem.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I see that mentioned a lot on here, if it has any truth to it at all we got problems
    It doesn't. If it did we wouldn't have hired Leach.

I mean- Nelle made one tweet during the height of BLM and now she runs our AD? LOL.

Our Pretentious Preacher preachermatt83's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It doesn't. If it did we wouldn't have hired Leach.

I mean- Nelle made one tweet during the height of BLM and now she runs our AD? LOL.
    Cohen wasn’t the one who made the call on leach. That is a fact. And Nelle has a great deal of say in what Cohen does according to people who are friends of theirs. And those around the office.
    Romans 5:8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by preachermatt83 View Post
    Cohen wasn’t the one who made the call on leach. That is a fact. And Nelle has a great deal of say in what Cohen does according to people who are friends of theirs. And those around the office.
    Wait! Nellle hired Leach!
    Last edited by Dogbone; 01-18-2021 at 05:38 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by calidawg View Post
    There is a reason that Byrne and Stricklan are where they are in their professional career. Our GameDay operations and marketing quality have gone down dramatically since they left. Stricklan and Cohen are about a wash in their coaching hiring ability but in the other areas of actually running a high quality athletic department Byrne and Stricklan are vastly better than what we have now.
    This is absolutely the answer. And how did they become so good at it? Because Byrne?s dad was an AD at TX A&M and elsewhere, so he grew up in it. But not only that, he and Stricklin were assistants at other programs and had time to see what works and what does not. They came up through the ranks. An AD position in the SEC is not a place to learn on the job, there is too much money at stake. We need to hire people with experience and a good track record, not someone just because they are an alum.

vCash
    Yeah. And I bet your wife tells her friends that she has a lot of say as far as your church decisions too.

vCash
    UT with no AD is currently better run than our AD. Ask around and see how much micromanaging goes inside our program. Look no further than our trip to Tampa a few years ago. We hired the men's assistant coach in golf as women's HC...

vCash
    aight.....................................

vCash
    you have to be lying, JC doesn't have any friends. He doesn't want any friends. So there's that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgfan77 View Post
    UT with no AD is currently better run than our AD. Ask around and see how much micromanaging goes inside our program. Look no further than our trip to Tampa a few years ago. We hired the men's assistant coach in golf as women's HC...
    Micromanaging? It seems to me like he lets certain people do their thing and has no idea if they're good at their job or not.

I do remember the plane fiasco where Cohen went cheap for the Outback Bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Micromanaging? It seems to me like he lets certain people do their thing and has no idea if they're good at their job or not.

I do remember the plane fiasco where Cohen went cheap for the Outback Bowl.
    The IB has his hands in everything. Was asked to leave some practices....

vCash
    Last edited by MedDawg; 01-18-2021 at 06:21 PM.

vCash
    Since he has taken over the energy in our athletics department is just not good. He has seemingly ruined the culture and positivity.

vCash
    We got who Nelle wanted.
    Not sure what box NMP would have checked for Nelle that wouldn't have also been checked with JH.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapGame View Post
    Moorhead's offense was shit at Penn State until Franklin put a leash on him as play caller. And having Saquon Barkley didn't hurt either.
    Not really following. The 2 years before Moorhead came to Penn St. (2014-2015) Franklin's offense ranked 111th and 105th in total offense. The 2 years Moorhead was there (2016-2017) they ranked 49th and 19th. A lot of people at the time thought Moorhead probably saved Franklin's job.

vCash
    The hire as women?s golf coach is not a bad hire. There was a ton of support there for that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimberBeast View Post
    The hire as women?s golf coach is not a bad hire. There was a ton of support there for that.
    You know why right. Alley is his wife. Other than that no other qualifications. I know your situation but ask yourself this. What SEC golf program hires a men's assistant as HC for women. Lazy hire. JC is not a good AD

vCash
    Under Leach and Moorhead? I could definitely understand why he would be at some of Moorhead's practices considering what was going on at the time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Not really following. The 2 years before Moorhead came to Penn St. (2014-2015) Franklin's offense ranked 111th and 105th in total offense. The 2 years Moorhead was there (2016-2017) they ranked 49th and 19th. A lot of people at the time thought Moorhead probably saved Franklin's job.
    I think Moorhead is a good OC but maybe not a good head coach. That said, I think someone will give him another chance to be a head coach at some point and he may turn out like Coach O if he lands in the right place. I think he might be a good fit somewhere like Stanford where the players police themselves pretty well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    Cann?s history was already checkered with his issues. LSU coaches and other personnel warned Johnny. Even media persons gave Cohen a warning. Many people close to LSU were surprised he was hired after telling JC everything about him.

Carry on the conversation.
    Cohen never called Mainieri. That should have been the first sign Cohen was going to have to learn on the job. Worked out ( because he knew Can and how great and full of promise he has) until it didn't (because of personal issues which might have persuaded Cohen if he'd have called the right people).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostDawg View Post
    Cohen never called Mainieri. That should have been the first sign Cohen was going to have to learn on the job. Worked out ( because he knew Can and how great and full of promise he has) until it didn't (because of personal issues which might have persuaded Cohen if he'd have called the right people).
    With Cohen's baseball connections I'm 99% sure he knew about Cann's issues.

I think he rolled the dice because of MSU's "small town" environment.