Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I think Cohen is the real problem.

vCash

I think Cohen is the real problem.

Is he batting .500 with hires or is he in the .300?s? Both of those numbers are bad dependent on how many hires he?s made. Howland won?t be coaching much longer, and by that, I mean he will retire at some point. We might have to hire a new football coach in a few years, and we might be hiring a new WBB coach in a few also. Do we really want Captain Redass making anymore hires at this point?

Someone refresh my memory. Did Captain Redass interview Johnny for the HC position, or did she just stick with Vic by choice?

vCash
    Cann- good hire but couldn't keep it in his pants
    Joe- bad hire
    Lemonis- TBD but seems to be good so far
    Leach- TBD
    NMP- looks to be a bad hire

vCash
    The biggest problem here was losing Vic. I wish I knew the whole story but not sure I ever will. Second problem at least appears to be this hire. While it would have been almost impossible to have gotten a coach that kept things rolling at the level Schaefer did, what's going on right now is an abomination.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    The biggest problem here was losing Vic. I wish I knew the whole story but not sure I ever will. Second problem at least appears to be this hire. While it would have been almost impossible to have gotten a coach that kept things rolling at the level Schaefer did, what's going on right now is an abomination.
    I was my understanding that we gave Vic everything that UT offered, but home is home.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    I was my understanding that we gave Vic everything that UT offered, but home is home.
    Yep, we are MState. Just can't have anything nice for very long. Still wish we had tried to keep continuity with the program by hiring Harris. But no guarantee that would have worked out either.

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    Vic went to Texas or aTm? Some reason I thought he went to aTm.
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Is he batting .500 with hires or is he in the .300?s? Both of those numbers are bad dependent on how many hires he?s made. Howland won?t be coaching much longer, and by that, I mean he will retire at some point. We might have to hire a new football coach in a few years, and we might be hiring a new WBB coach in a few also. Do we really want Captain Redass making anymore hires at this point?

Someone refresh my memory. Did Captain Redass interview Johnny for the HC position, or did she just stick with Vic by choice?
    I would like to know also, if Johnny was given a fair shake at the job, or was the initial thinking by Cohen is that we have a loaded team and will go get a homerun coach sitting already at a top 10 program to take the job.

vCash
    It's obvious Cohen was a mistake if for no other reason that he's the most hated AD since Templeton, and that's with traitor Stricklin in there.
    People just don't like him. His own coach didn't like him. I'd love to have him as our baseball color guy. But AD was too much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KOdawg1 View Post
    Cann- good hire but couldn't keep it in his pants
    Joe- bad hire
    Lemonis- TBD but seems to be good so far
    Leach- TBD
    NMP- looks to be a bad hire
    I completely disagree that Cann was a good hire. The jury was still out on if he would have succeeded if he hadn?t got himself fired. He just inherited a loaded team with great leadership. We are just lucky Cann hired Gautreau.

Think about it. Cohen hired an assistant to run our best program. A year later, he was promising to bring in an experienced head coach who has coached at the high levels. It doesn?t add up. It was just Chapter 1 of Cohen trying to look smart.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    It's obvious Cohen was a mistake if for no other reason that he's the most hated AD since Templeton, and that's with traitor Stricklin in there.
    People just don't like him. His own coach didn't like him. I'd love to have him as our baseball color guy. But AD was too much.
    Do people dislike Cohen more than SS?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogcountry1 View Post
    I completely disagree that Cann was a good hire. The jury was still out on if he would have succeeded if he hadn?t got himself fired. He just inherited a loaded team with great leadership. We are just lucky Cann hired Gautreau.

Think about it. Cohen hired an assistant to run our best program. A year later, he was promising to bring in an experienced head coach who has coached at the high levels. It doesn?t add up. It was just Chapter 1 of Cohen trying to look smart.
    The 2017 baseball team can inherited was nowhere close to being loaded. Nowhere close. We had 3 guys who weren't pitchers pitching in sec games multiple times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by confucius say View Post
    Do people dislike Cohen more than SS?
    Stricklin was a better money guy. So yes.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    He made a really good football hire and the opinion on him as an AD is going to shift dramatically when that becomes apparent to everyone during the 2021 football season. Football and baseball are the only 2 sports that really matter to MSU fans and he’s going to have both of them running efficiently very soon.

vCash
    There is a reason that Byrne and Stricklan are where they are in their professional career. Our GameDay operations and marketing quality have gone down dramatically since they left. Stricklan and Cohen are about a wash in their coaching hiring ability but in the other areas of actually running a high quality athletic department Byrne and Stricklan are vastly better than what we have now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    He made a really good football hire and the opinion on him as an AD is going to shift dramatically when that becomes apparent to everyone during the 2021 football season. Football and baseball are the only 2 sports that really matter to MSU fans and he?s going to have both of them running efficiently very soon.
    But he failed MISERABLY the first time. I mean bad. You can not bring a non-SEC assistant into this league as a head coach. He did Joe a disservice by even hiring the guy.
    And don't forget the popping off of the mouth about our baseball hire before the hire was made. Alligator mouth.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    But he failed MISERABLY the first time. I mean bad. You can not bring a non-SEC assistant into this league as a head coach. He did Joe a disservice by even hiring the guy.
    And don't forget the popping off of the mouth about our baseball hire before the hire was made. Alligator mouth.
    I don’t disagree that he made a horrible first hire with Moorhead but the entire country applauded that hire when it happened. Results are all that matter and Mike Leach is going to win here as much as anyone we have ever had and when that happens no one will even think about wanting Cohen fired. No disrespect to women’s basketball, but no one gave a shit about it before Vic and no one will give a shit about it again once our main sports are playing well.

vCash
    A blind squirrel can win in baseball here. Jury is still out on Leach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    I don’t disagree that he made a horrible first hire with Moorhead but the entire country applauded that hire when it happened. Results are all that matter and Mike Leach is going to win here as much as anyone we have ever had and when that happens no one will even think about wanting Cohen fired. No disrespect to women’s basketball, but no one gave a shit about it before Vic and no one will give a shit about it again once our main sports are playing well.
    The entire country? Nah. One Sports Illustrated article build that up. Fact is Moorhead failed at a couple stops and was demoted and about to be fired. That was a total lack of research by Cohen.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    The entire country? Nah. One Sports Illustrated article build that up. Fact is Moorhead failed at a couple stops and was demoted and about to be fired. That was a total lack of research by Cohen.
    I can link way more than one article / tweet from national names that praised the Moorhead hire if you’d like. I don’t agree with Cohen or especially his wife on almost anything outside of sports but he is going to have the sports that matter here playing with excellent coaches. The biggest positive with him is he is not scared to admit he made a mistake and fire someone when that happens. He doesn’t accept mediocre coaches and when we have them he fired them immediately. That is something we have rarely had at State.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    Vic went to Texas or aTm? Some reason I thought he went to aTm.
    Grew up in Austin, went to Tam