Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Gator game

vCash
    But ya know what? This team plays hard. This team doesnt fight over the ball and shots. They represent our school well. We've missed that for a decade.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    But ya know what? This team plays hard. This team doesnt fight over the ball and shots. They represent our school well. We've missed that for a decade.
    No doubt. Playing hard is fun to watch. Just pointing out that all of the pieces have not fallen into place yet. They are there. Just need to fit them together.

vCash
    I?m not predicting wins and losses anymore because we are so random, but finishing 11-7 would at least give us hope to make the tournament. Especially if we win 2 in the SEC tourney

vCash
    Our schedule is about to get brutal after OM Tuesday night...
    At Bama
    At tenn
    Iowa st
    At ark
    At South Carolina
    LSU

This is about as tough a stretch you can have in the sec.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    I?m not predicting wins and losses anymore because we are so random, but finishing 11-7 would at least give us hope to make the tournament. Especially if we win 2 in the SEC tourney
    I don't think 11-7 gets us close. I think it's going to have to be 12-6 and a minimum 2 wins in the tournament to even think about the bubble. Our NET ranking sucks. It's at 86. We have enough of Howland's track record to say it's going to be virtually impossible to go 12-6. We play too many good teams that we can't score enough points against to only lose 4 more games in conference.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    No doubt. Playing hard is fun to watch. Just pointing out that all of the pieces have not fallen into place yet. They are there. Just need to fit them together.
    I enjoy watching this team play as long as I don't have to watch them in the last 2 to 3 minutes of the game. Right now it is just emotionally painful to endure that. If we have an 8 to 10 point lead you know we are going to be trying to hold on for dear life or if we have a 4 to 6 point lead you know there is probably as good a chance or better that we lose than win. Howland needs to work this team over and over in practice in every situation at the end of games because we have no natural awareness right now of end game situations. First, we don't make free throws which already makes it difficult to close out games but we don't do other things well either. For example, like yesterday, if you are ahead 6 with 20 seconds to go and your opponent is willing to drive and take two points then let them have it without fouling because you are still up 2 possessions. Or if you are up by 3 with 12 seconds to go don't put up an off balance shot when you can dribble out and force them to foul you where one free throw pretty much seals the game. Just situations that our team is apparently oblivious to. And that doesn't even count our difficulty inbounding or handling a press at the end of a game or being unable to even get a shot up if its an end of game situation where we need to score to win. Yes, this team is doing a lot of things very well that makes them a lot of fun to watch but its frustrating to watch them play so well for 37 to 38 minutes only to know that it will be like pulling teeth to survive the last couple of minutes of the game. Hopefully as the team continues to get experience they will improve at end of game situations but this does seem to be a trait of all Howland's team in close games. This team just seems to be even worse because of the lack of experience in the backcourt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    I don't think 11-7 gets us close. I think it's going to have to be 12-6 and a minimum 2 wins in the tournament to even think about the bubble. Our NET ranking sucks. It's at 86. We have enough of Howland's track record to say it's going to be virtually impossible to go 12-6. We play too many good teams that we can't score enough points against to only lose 4 more games in conference.
    Impossible to predict without knowing the wins. 4 of our next 6 sec games are Q1 win opportunities. I don't expect us to do well vs those 4, but any wins in that group could really move us up, and just playing them will help some.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    This is not a normal season with teams missing games and playing less games than normal. This next 3 weeks will give us a decent idea of where we are.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Our schedule is about to get brutal after OM Tuesday night...
    At Bama
    At tenn
    Iowa st
    At ark
    At South Carolina
    LSU

This is about as tough a stretch you can have in the sec.
    Gotta beat OM. If we do, that's 5-2 in sec. If we could somehow win 2 of the sec games above, that would give us a 7-5 sec record after 12 games. At worst, we have to win 1, that leaves us at 6-6 with an easier stretch to finish.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Gotta beat OM. If we do, that's 5-2 in sec. If we could somehow win 2 of the sec games above, that would give us a 7-5 sec record after 12 games. At worst, we have to win 1, that leaves us at 6-6 with an easier stretch to finish.
    I’m going to watch our entire game against OM. I’ve probably watched 5 games of Howland’s tenure. Every time we get a little momentum I watch and then we lose and I quit watching. Y’all can blame me for the OM loss coming up.

vCash
    Yep, and I'll take that all day.

vCash
    This is not a normal season with teams missing games and playing less games than normal. This next 3 weeks will give us a decent idea of where we are.
    Yes it is from our 3-7 team getting a bowl. We have two good wins Mizzou and UF and several good losses. Just need some more quality wins.