Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Gator game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Excellent point. T. Smith and ado were huge today
    Yep, huge. Tulo is quietly becoming a force on the inside. Ado is just the enforcer that every offensive player knows about.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    And yet, we won. Drink bleach
    Why are you so stubborn? You think this is the first time this year we've played terrible in crunch time?
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebob View Post
    Why are you so stubborn? You think this is the first time this year we've played terrible in crunch time?
    We lost 4 starters! This is a team of newcomers, and they're winning. Enjoy it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    We were a good free throw shooting team last year, just had other attitude issues. As frustrating as I am with the free throws, I would rather deal with that than attitude issues
    Totally agree with that.

vCash
    Remember this team was picked 12th in sec preseason! We are doing well.

vCash
    First 4-2 sec start in "almost a decade" - secn update guy

Senior Member Lord McBuckethead's Avatar
    vCash
    DJ is too lazy on his dribbling
    Downvotes_Hype

vCash
    Good win, need to get one on the road against Bear Sharks. Gators were a decent team.

If you are bitching about winning then u need to study MSU basketball history. Overall it ain’t so good. Maybe a dozen good teams over the last 50 years. Be happy boys! LOL.

vCash
    Let’s beat the crap out of OM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord McBuckethead View Post
    DJ is too lazy on his dribbling
    Yep and D Smith may be our best guard breaking the press.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Good win, need to get one on the road against Bear Sharks. Gators were a decent team.

If you are bitching about winning then u need to study MSU basketball history. Overall it ain’t so good. Maybe a dozen good teams over the last 50 years. Be happy boys! LOL.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Y'all read this

vCash
    Seriously, I was watching at 71-62 MSU with 40 seconds to go. From that point on if you wanted to document all the things NOT to do in the final minute of the game with a lead, those 40 seconds would be what you would want to use as your material to show your players. I have literally never seen a team this bad at the end of games. We don't even seem to understand the game situations.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maroonmania View Post
    Seriously, I was watching at 71-62 MSU with 40 seconds to go. From that point on if you wanted to document all the things NOT to do in the final minute of the game with a lead, those 40 seconds would be what you would want to use as your material to show your players. I have literally never seen a team this bad at the end of games. We don't even seem to understand the game situations.
    Most of it is lack of experience with a very young team. As the season progresses they will or should better as a team. We are just now figuring out the rotation. Yes it was pretty sloppy, but they will learn more from winning and will be more motivated as time or the season goes by.

I still like this young team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    That was a good win. Terrible last minute, but overall solid performance. I?m to the point where I wouldn?t be surprised if we lose to ole miss and then win at Tennessee. I go into each game thinking 50/50 shot
    Correct. It wouldn't be surprising.

Tuns out the Kentucky game was a "bad loss". Not sure I remember the last time Kentucky didn't have a good team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Correct. It wouldn't be surprising.

Tuns out the Kentucky game was a "bad loss". Not sure I remember the last time Kentucky didn't have a good team.
    Glad to be 4-2 but both of our losses in the SEC would be considered bad losses.

vCash
    Glad to be 4-2 but both of our losses in the SEC would be considered bad losses.
    And 2 of our 4 wins are considered good wins (mizzou and Florida)

vCash
    Our Clemson loss might be "bad" before long. They just got blown out by 35 by Virginia. Announcer said the was the second worst loss of a ranked home team - ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post

The game with the Bears is in Starkville.

More than 50 years ago, in the Babe McCarthy days, we always had a really good team, along with Vanderbilt, if I'm remembering correctly. Totally different game back then though.

Founder of Summer's Eve
    vCash
    One thing I liked today was the post guys stepping up when the PGs were not at their best. That will help their confidence and help open up the offense going forward. Teams will now have to take that into account game planning. You take away our outside guys, we will pound it down low. You focus down low and outside will be open. Today?s game may have been the best game this young team could have played.

Other guys stepping up when your best two struggle, builds overall confidence. Could be a season changing game. Time will tell.

vCash
    We are just inexperienced- especially at Guard. Molinar is a Soph that didnt play much last year. Smith a is true Freshman. Stewart is inexperienced. They are good players and will get better and better.

Our FT shooting is ultimately what will decide where this team ends up. We would be 6-0 in the SEC right now with just decent FT shooting
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is