Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATTACK THE PRESS 17 ME!!!

vCash

ATTACK THE PRESS 17 ME!!!

This crap is hard to watch!

vCash
    I am always amazed at the number of coaches that make it to this level do not know how to attack a press...

Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    Man we are not a blue blood!! This kind of coaching, playing comes from being Mississippi State. We need to accept this as our reality and move on.**smh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Man we are not a blue blood!! This kind of coaching, playing comes from being Mississippi State. We need to accept this as our reality and move on.**smh
    When we win, you're no where to be found. Certainly here when we lose though. Here's to hoping you disappear on game days for a while. Anyone with sense knows we'll drop some games, so we'll certainly see you again.

vCash
    Amen on that!

vCash
    We aren't a blue blood, glad you have finally accepted that reality.

vCash
    BLUE BLOOD??? What in the 17 does that have to do with coaching capable players of attacking the press and getting to the rim? You need to really post less, and continue crayon eating and window licking.

vCash
    Check out the scores in the AM games... the press they play isn’t to create turnovers or speed the game up , its to slow it down.. they way it’s played makes it hard to attack.
    The way to keep AM out of that press is push after missed shots. We didn’t do that as well as we should have..
    teams rarely make it to 70 against them .. I think LSU did..
    Even Tenn only scored in the 60s

The first half was well played , the second half was not, and we missed a lot of easy shots at the rim ..

But it’s no excuses have to win that game, lots of basketball left let’s see how we bounce back

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Check out the scores in the AM games... the press they play isn’t to create turnovers or speed the game up , its to slow it down.. they way it’s played makes it hard to attack.
    The way to keep AM out of that press is push after missed shots. We didn’t do that as well as we should have..
    teams rarely make it to 70 against them .. I think LSU did..
    Even Tenn only scored in the 60s

The first half was well played , the second half was not, and we missed a lot of easy shots at the rim ..

But it’s no excuses have to win that game, lots of basketball left let’s see how we bounce back
    That?s obvious that it?s not a high pressure/TO producing press, but there were several times in the second half that we could have scored easy baskets if we would have picked our tempo up breaking it. We allowed their press to dictate the pace instead of forcing them to play transitional defense which in turn generates points and/or fouls.

vCash
    This seems like a 7 or 8 win SEC season. We have a lot going against us. Youth, average coaching, not as much raw talent. We might sneak into the NCAA next year, but if we want to make a run Howland isn?t the answer. I certainly don?t think we can fire him because he isn?t terrible, but it?s just the reality of where we are as a program. People have way too high expectations, although we shouldn?t lose games like this

vCash
    Howland needs a new Offensive Coordinator!**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Howland needs a new Offensive Coordinator!**
    Maybe Leach can teach him the air raid, oh never mind.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    This seems like a 7 or 8 win SEC season. We have a lot going against us. Youth, average coaching, not as much raw talent. We might sneak into the NCAA next year, but if we want to make a run Howland isn?t the answer. I certainly don?t think we can fire him because he isn?t terrible, but it?s just the reality of where we are as a program. People have way too high expectations, although we shouldn?t lose games like this
    We have too much talent to lose games like this but to a degree I agree with you. Howland is a good coach but maybe not great. The zone press on Howland is like the 3-8 on Leach. If I played MSU in basketball, I'd press whole game. We are hard to defend in half court.

Expectations are not too high. Last year expectation was to make NCAAT. Two NBA draft picks and other top talent, we way underperformed. Different this year but are really talented again.

vCash
    I don't know how to do it and I'm not even a basketball coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    I don't know how to do it and I'm not even a basketball coach.
    I haven't played or coached in a while. Too much to explain here but you have to have enough ball handlers in game. Many times we didn't. When Tulo is the guy catching the key pass to advance the ball, that ain't what you need. The key guy catching the ball from the guards has to drive and make something happen.

We didn't push the ball to make them double team before passing. We just lagged up the floor which is wrong and played right into their hands. We never forced them out of it.

vCash
    That?s obvious that it?s not a high pressure/TO producing press, but there were several times in the second half that we could have scored easy baskets if we would have picked our tempo up breaking it. We allowed their press to dictate the pace instead of forcing them to play transitional defense which in turn generates points and/or fouls.
    Methinks 10 sec could have been called more than once. We helped them run their press.

Not even going to say a thing about going over 5 sec to inbounds the ball. Can be called just about every time we inbounds a ball under our goal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Maybe Leach can teach him the air raid, oh never mind.
    You talking about basketball on, "hardwood"?

vCash
    BLUE BLOOD??? What in the 17 does that have to do with coaching capable players of attacking the press and getting to the rim? You need to really post less, and continue crayon eating and window licking.
    This was sarcasm and in reference to another thread dumbass
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    When we win, you're no where to be found. Certainly here when we lose though. Here's to hoping you disappear on game days for a while. Anyone with sense knows we'll drop some games, so we'll certainly see you again.
    Well I'm here when I have proof that my stance of us being INCONSISTENT is right. "we'll drop some games", "we are young, "Howland wins big in year 3" we've heard every excuse in the book. When is Howland going to have a team that wins the games they are supposed to and be in games against the conference elite and even win a few of them? It is Jekyll and Hyde every single game. We never know who we are going to see night to night.
    No Signature

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    You talking about basketball on, "hardwood"?
    Just sarcasm.