Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: ATTACK THE PRESS 17 ME!!!

  1. #1
    Senior Member Thick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,155
    vCash
    2139

    ATTACK THE PRESS 17 ME!!!

    This crap is hard to watch!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,236
    vCash
    600
    I am always amazed at the number of coaches that make it to this level do not know how to attack a press...

  3. #3
    Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    5,002
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    This crap is hard to watch!
    Man we are not a blue blood!! This kind of coaching, playing comes from being Mississippi State. We need to accept this as our reality and move on.**smh

  4. #4
    Senior Member msstate7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    58,887
    vCash
    7939
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Man we are not a blue blood!! This kind of coaching, playing comes from being Mississippi State. We need to accept this as our reality and move on.**smh
    When we win, you're no where to be found. Certainly here when we lose though. Here's to hoping you disappear on game days for a while. Anyone with sense knows we'll drop some games, so we'll certainly see you again.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Madison, MS
    Posts
    361
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    This crap is hard to watch!
    Amen on that!

  6. #6
    Senior Member BB30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Columbus, Ms
    Posts
    2,034
    vCash
    1023
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Man we are not a blue blood!! This kind of coaching, playing comes from being Mississippi State. We need to accept this as our reality and move on.**smh
    We aren't a blue blood, glad you have finally accepted that reality.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Thick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,155
    vCash
    2139
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-gone-dawgs View Post
    Man we are not a blue blood!! This kind of coaching, playing comes from being Mississippi State. We need to accept this as our reality and move on.**smh
    BLUE BLOOD??? What in the 17 does that have to do with coaching capable players of attacking the press and getting to the rim? You need to really post less, and continue crayon eating and window licking.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Ari Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    West coast
    Posts
    4,106
    vCash
    600
    Check out the scores in the AM games... the press they play isn’t to create turnovers or speed the game up , its to slow it down.. they way it’s played makes it hard to attack.
    The way to keep AM out of that press is push after missed shots. We didn’t do that as well as we should have..
    teams rarely make it to 70 against them .. I think LSU did..
    Even Tenn only scored in the 60s

    The first half was well played , the second half was not, and we missed a lot of easy shots at the rim ..

    But it’s no excuses have to win that game, lots of basketball left let’s see how we bounce back

  9. #9
    Senior Member Thick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,155
    vCash
    2139
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Check out the scores in the AM games... the press they play isn’t to create turnovers or speed the game up , its to slow it down.. they way it’s played makes it hard to attack.
    The way to keep AM out of that press is push after missed shots. We didn’t do that as well as we should have..
    teams rarely make it to 70 against them .. I think LSU did..
    Even Tenn only scored in the 60s

    The first half was well played , the second half was not, and we missed a lot of easy shots at the rim ..

    But it’s no excuses have to win that game, lots of basketball left let’s see how we bounce back
    That?s obvious that it?s not a high pressure/TO producing press, but there were several times in the second half that we could have scored easy baskets if we would have picked our tempo up breaking it. We allowed their press to dictate the pace instead of forcing them to play transitional defense which in turn generates points and/or fouls.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    514
    vCash
    500
    This seems like a 7 or 8 win SEC season. We have a lot going against us. Youth, average coaching, not as much raw talent. We might sneak into the NCAA next year, but if we want to make a run Howland isn?t the answer. I certainly don?t think we can fire him because he isn?t terrible, but it?s just the reality of where we are as a program. People have way too high expectations, although we shouldn?t lose games like this

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,236
    vCash
    600
    Howland needs a new Offensive Coordinator!**

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,934
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    Howland needs a new Offensive Coordinator!**
    Maybe Leach can teach him the air raid, oh never mind.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,934
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    This seems like a 7 or 8 win SEC season. We have a lot going against us. Youth, average coaching, not as much raw talent. We might sneak into the NCAA next year, but if we want to make a run Howland isn?t the answer. I certainly don?t think we can fire him because he isn?t terrible, but it?s just the reality of where we are as a program. People have way too high expectations, although we shouldn?t lose games like this
    We have too much talent to lose games like this but to a degree I agree with you. Howland is a good coach but maybe not great. The zone press on Howland is like the 3-8 on Leach. If I played MSU in basketball, I'd press whole game. We are hard to defend in half court.

    Expectations are not too high. Last year expectation was to make NCAAT. Two NBA draft picks and other top talent, we way underperformed. Different this year but are really talented again.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    7,835
    vCash
    700
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    This crap is hard to watch!
    I don't know how to do it and I'm not even a basketball coach.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,934
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    I don't know how to do it and I'm not even a basketball coach.
    I haven't played or coached in a while. Too much to explain here but you have to have enough ball handlers in game. Many times we didn't. When Tulo is the guy catching the key pass to advance the ball, that ain't what you need. The key guy catching the ball from the guards has to drive and make something happen.

    We didn't push the ball to make them double team before passing. We just lagged up the floor which is wrong and played right into their hands. We never forced them out of it.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,403
    vCash
    700
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    That?s obvious that it?s not a high pressure/TO producing press, but there were several times in the second half that we could have scored easy baskets if we would have picked our tempo up breaking it. We allowed their press to dictate the pace instead of forcing them to play transitional defense which in turn generates points and/or fouls.
    Methinks 10 sec could have been called more than once. We helped them run their press.

    Not even going to say a thing about going over 5 sec to inbounds the ball. Can be called just about every time we inbounds a ball under our goal.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,403
    vCash
    700
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Maybe Leach can teach him the air raid, oh never mind.
    You talking about basketball on, "hardwood"?

  18. #18
    Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    5,002
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by Thick View Post
    BLUE BLOOD??? What in the 17 does that have to do with coaching capable players of attacking the press and getting to the rim? You need to really post less, and continue crayon eating and window licking.
    This was sarcasm and in reference to another thread dumbass
    No Signature

  19. #19
    Paysite Policeman Dawg-gone-dawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    5,002
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    When we win, you're no where to be found. Certainly here when we lose though. Here's to hoping you disappear on game days for a while. Anyone with sense knows we'll drop some games, so we'll certainly see you again.
    Well I'm here when I have proof that my stance of us being INCONSISTENT is right. "we'll drop some games", "we are young, "Howland wins big in year 3" we've heard every excuse in the book. When is Howland going to have a team that wins the games they are supposed to and be in games against the conference elite and even win a few of them? It is Jekyll and Hyde every single game. We never know who we are going to see night to night.
    No Signature

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,934
    vCash
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    You talking about basketball on, "hardwood"?
    Just sarcasm.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Disclaimer: Elitedawgs is a privately owned and operated forum that is managed by alumni of Mississippi State University. This website is in no way affiliated with the Mississippi State University, The Southeastern Conference (SEC) or the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). The views and opinions expressed herein are strictly those of the post author and may not reflect the views of other members of this forum or elitedawgs.com. The interactive nature of the elitedawgs.com forums makes it impossible for elitedawgs.com to assume responsibility for any of the content posted at this site. Ideas, thoughts, suggestion, comments, opinions, advice and observations made by participants at elitedawgs.com are not endorsed by elitedawgs.com
Elitedawgs: A Mississippi State Fan Forum, Mississippi State Football, Mississippi State Basketball, Mississippi State Baseball, Mississippi State Athletics. Mississippi State message board.