Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: MSU/Texas A&M

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HoopsDawg View Post
    Switch coaches for this game and we win by 15. Awful job by Howland tonight. And DJ might have pulled a Tony from Blue Chips.
    Howland drew up some bad plays, but Stewart was flat out horrible tonight. We can't win sec games with him playing like shit. Check his shooting in both of our sec losses.

vCash
    We lost the game from the get go because we would not attack the trap.

We helped the other coach play his game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimberBeast View Post
    Competitive at what?
    I mean compared to Ray where we won like 3 or 4 conference games a year, but I get your point

vCash
    Should have won by + 25.

vCash
    Don't get emotionally invested with MSU MBK. There's no consistency, ever.

vCash
    Tonight is the exact reasons fans don?t show up in non covid years. It?s the same thing over and over

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Howland drew up some bad plays, but Stewart was flat out horrible tonight. We can't win sec games with him playing like shit. Check his shooting in both of our sec losses.
    it wasn't just the end of the half and end of the game plays. we should be pushing the ball after every miss. we are horrible in the half court. he should have instructed Molinar to attack more. We should have been getting easy buckets off their trap defense. we played exactly the way A&M wanted us to play and that was literally their only chance to win. And he probably should have pulled DJ. DJ was passing up open shooters to brick mid-range jumpers.

vCash
    All of what hoops said is correct , especially the tempo. Every year he talks about how he wants to run and then we never do it.

There was a little luck as for the first 10 min of the second half every loose ball bounced their way and we missed 3-4 wide open layups but the last 10 minutes our offense was flat garbage

vCash
    2 things that killed us in the 2nd half - rebounding and Turnovers.

vCash
    You guys will learn one day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    2 things that killed us in the 2nd half - rebounding and Turnovers.
    We dominated in 1st half in rebounding. The 2nd half really favored them, but I swear they were getting some just crazy bounces esp to start the 2nd half.

vCash
    I?ve seen it many times before but like hoops said we had no play calls and DJ should of sat last 5 minutes. That?s a straight easy 7 point win playing mediocre.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    Tonight is the exact reasons fans don?t show up in non covid years. It?s the same thing over and over
    I agree it's been hard to get the fans back after Rick Ray nuked our program, but this whole excuse of not showing up because Ben's teams are inconsistent is rich...

Stans lost a **** load of games just like this, in worse ways, and in moments that sent us from the bubble straight to the NIT....with oodles of talent and experience, no less. Not to mention, these "golden years" of MSU basketball so many of us cling to actually had plenty of fans in the stands to give us/Stans a decent home court advantage (which the lack there of recently/during covid can't be overstated). In a semi-filled Hump, we likely win this game. Fans absolutely have an impact on the game.

Btw, PGH, this rant isn't directed at you, per se, just the overall ideas behind lack of fan buy in.

This team is still super young with, outside of Ado, a severe lack of big time game experience. The talent is there, but they're working through it. One thing I feel good about is the lack of drama/headcases on this squad (i.e., a Lamar Peters type). I just hope everyone comes back for another year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    I agree it's been hard to get the fans back after Rick Ray nuked our program, but this whole excuse of not showing up because Ben's teams are inconsistent is rich...

Stans lost a **** load of games just like this, in worse ways, and in moments that sent us from the bubble straight to the NIT....with oodles of talent and experience, no less. Not to mention, these "golden years" of MSU basketball so many of us cling to actually had plenty of fans in the stands to give us/Stans a decent home court advantage (which the lack there of recently/during covid can't be overstated). In a semi-filled Hump, we likely win this game. Fans absolutely have an impact on the game.

Btw, PGH, this rant isn't directed at you, per se, just the overall ideas behind lack of fan buy in.

This team is still super young with, outside of Ado, a severe lack of big time game experience. The talent is there, but they're working through it. One thing I feel good about is the lack of drama/headcases on this squad (i.e., a Lamar Peters type). I just hope everyone comes back for another year.
    Well games like tonight are good for us keeping Molinar and Stewart together 1 more year haha

vCash

That?s way too much to type about a bad team losing a bad game. We had a couple good games, sucked us fools back in, and then this. Same shit different day.

vCash
    Well games like tonight are good for us keeping Molinar and Stewart together 1 more year haha
    The plan is coming together, lol.

vCash
    That?s way too much to type about a bad team losing a bad game. We had a couple good games, sucked us fools back in, and then this. Same shit different day.
    I'm just saying that outside of 1996 and few seasons in the 60's, this has pretty much been who we are.

vCash
    But I agree, we could've and should've won this game a dozen different ways.

vCash
    I'm just saying that outside of 1996 and few seasons in the 60's, this has pretty much been who we are.
    We're a young, bubble type team. This is what young, bubble type teams do... they play well and beat teams they probably shouldn't like mizzou, and then play bad and lose to teams they probably shouldn't like aTm. Tonight was a bad loss, but it shouldn't be too unexpected if we genuinely realize what type of team we are.

vCash
    We're a young, bubble type team. This is what young, bubble type teams do... they play well and beat teams they probably shouldn't like mizzou, and then play bad and lose to teams they probably shouldn't like aTm. Tonight was a bad loss, but it shouldn't be too unexpected if we genuinely realize what type of team we are.
    Exactly.