Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arnett staying...

vCash

Arnett staying...

vCash
    Didn’t understand the fit from the start
    3/3/5 isn’t a LSU style
    Texas On the other hand... I can see the fit ..

And we need to get ahead of this... PR it out that Arnett turned them down..
    good luck with us being proactive

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Didn’t understand the fit from the start
    3/3/5 isn’t a LSU style
    Texas On the other hand... I can see the fit ..

And we need to get ahead of this... PR it out that Arnett turned them down..
    good luck with us being proactive
    Yeah. Screw LSU and feed em' fish heads.

vCash
    I would think the Texas ship has sailed but I have been wrong before

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    Doubt it..... Sark isn't retaining Ash so we'll see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by defiantdog View Post
    Doubt it..... Sark isn't retaining Ash so we'll see.
    Golding to TX. Strong takes over at AL.

vCash
    I winder if these schools are thinking they can get him to switch his defensive philosophy to fit more with what they like and know and he's saying no.

You don't get the interviews he's gotten and keep getting passed up unless there's some sticking point. I just wonder if they want him to move off the 3-3-5 and he's not willing to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Golding to TX. Strong takes over at AL.
    You serious? That would be a ballsy move. DC under saban is a HC job almost guaranteed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    I winder if these schools are thinking they can get him to switch his defensive philosophy to fit more with what they like and know and he's saying no.

You don't get the interviews he's gotten and keep getting passed up unless there's some sticking point. I just wonder if they want him to move off the 3-3-5 and he's not willing to.
    I wouldn't run that defense at LSU. I'd be much more traditional bc you'll have big time talent.

vCash

Could be that Arnett is saying thanks but no thanks.

Really likes his situation with Leach and having full control of the defense. That's worth a good chunk of money by itself IMO.
    Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 01-13-2021 at 12:16 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DLGDawg View Post

Could be that Arnett is saying thanks but no thanks.

Really likes his situation with Leach and having full control of the defense. That's worth a good chunk of money by itself IMO.
    Could be. I don't think you interview this much though unless you really interested in moving on.
    Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 01-13-2021 at 12:18 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post

Could be. I don't think you interview this much though unless you really interested in moving on.
    Only schools I he interviewed was Lsu today. Maybe he talked to some others on phone but actual interview? Tell me who?
    Last edited by ScoobaDawg; 01-13-2021 at 12:18 AM.

vCash
    You serious? That would be a ballsy move. DC under saban is a HC job almost guaranteed
    Pruitt may be available soon.

vCash
    Not everyone in T Town was happy with Golding and he's tight with Sark. His defense wasn't one of their best. Nothing is done but that's my bet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Not everyone in T Town was happy with Golding and he's tight with Sark. His defense wasn't one of their best. Nothing is done but that's my bet.
    Bama wasnt running Golding's defense. Bama runs Saban's D. The DC gets his orders and makes calls based on film and tendencies- but Nick Saban still runs the Bama D.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash

Probably a combination. I've heard he's a different dude and might not come across as a people person lol. Apparently very demanding and confident which may be an issue for a young coach in interviews.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I have no authority or anything what so ever but I feel the same. If he felt Texas was a solid option, would he still be interviewing other places? I have a gut feeling the Texas ship has sailed as well.

vCash
    But he is also super young and was a no name coach 1-1.5 years ago and all of a sudden was thrust into the big leagues and now has LSU, Texas, Notre Dame, and who knows who else calling. Maybe he’s just really enjoying interviewing and seeing all this blue bloods clammer over him.

vCash
    I always take interviews if a company comes to me. You never know their offer until you really talk with them. Turning down a few also gets the word out on what your price tag is or what you are looking for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Medic601 View Post
    But he is also super young and was a no name coach 1-1.5 years ago and all of a sudden was thrust into the big leagues and now has LSU, Texas, Notre Dame, and who knows who else calling. Maybe he’s just really enjoying interviewing and seeing all this blue bloods clammer over him.
    Or they are interviewing him and realizing he needs a couple more years until he?s ready. Those meteoric rises too fast often end in collapse.