Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Urban to Jags

vCash

Urban to Jags

Urban official to the Jags.

I'm going to have to boycott my Jax TV news so I don't have to hear the dumbass "Duuuval" shit they do all the time.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Will be a good story line to follow next year. He and Lawrence will make the Jags interesting.

vCash
    Getting Lawrence and Meyer are huge for Jville. Will be surprised if Urban isnt successful there
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Lawrence has only lost two football games his entire life. He has something new to get use to going to the Jags.

vCash
    I am not sure Urban will be successful. He is a good coach, but there is a lot of parity in the talent in the NFL. It has been a long time since he coached a schedule against comparably talented teams.

vCash
    The coaching is never going to be Urban's problem. He's one of the Top 10 minds in all of football. However, he doesn't have a talent advantage anymore. You can't beat up on Illinois and Rutgers to pad your record anymore. Jax is going to have to hire a very good front office to be able to give Urban as much talent as possible. I think he can be successful, but I just don't know how successful that is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bigdawg View Post
    I am not sure Urban will be successful. He is a good coach, but there is a lot of parity in the talent in the NFL. It has been a long time since he coached a schedule against comparably talented teams.
    The NFL is like NASCAR. It is designed to be level playing field. That's why Saban did well at LSU, Bama but average at Mich State and failure at the NFL. He is a great coach and what makes him great is he develops players but the players he is starting out with are way better then everyone else's players. Myer might turn out to be a great NFL coach. Who knows.

vCash
    Jax has Lawrence coming and 73 million in cap space. Urban is a recruiter and culture builder at heart. I think he is able to convince free agents to come there and he does well.

vCash
    I guess they'll trade Minchew?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    The NFL is like NASCAR. It is designed to be level playing field. That's why Saban did well at LSU, Bama but average at Mich State and failure at the NFL. He is a great coach and what makes him great is he develops players but the players he is starting out with are way better then everyone else's players. Myer might turn out to be a great NFL coach. Who knows.
    Which is why Pete Carroll is actually a better football coach than Saban. Carroll was a great college coach who has proven he can coach in the big leagues.

Saban didn't like losing and had no way to get a talent advantage like he enjoyed for most of college. Bama right now recruits at such a high level that most teams almost have no chance walking out of the locker room.

vCash
    Jax has a lot of cap space and draft picks as well.

vCash
    Meyer has been successful everywhere. Saban went 8 8 in nfl. Not exactly a failure

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
    Jax has Lawrence coming and 73 million in cap space. Urban is a recruiter and culture builder at heart. I think he is able to convince free agents to come there and he does well.
    They also have a 2nd 1st round pick this draft

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbonewannabe View Post
    Which is why Pete Carroll is actually a better football coach than Saban. Carroll was a great college coach who has proven he can coach in the big leagues.

Saban didn't like losing and had no way to get a talent advantage like he enjoyed for most of college. Bama right now recruits at such a high level that most teams almost have no chance walking out of the locker room.
    It would be really interesting to know how brees, saban, and Sean Payton's careers turned out had Miami signed Brees

Senior Member William Tecumsah Sherman's Avatar
    vCash
    Miami would have a super bowl. Saban would have stayed in pros. I?m sure everyone knows the story of Saban wanting Brees in Miami

vCash
    Lawrence has only lost two football games his entire life. He has something new to get use to going to the Jags.
    This is one thing I've pointed out. We've never seen Trevor Lawrence lose a regular season game. He gets his loss in the playoffs and then gets an offseason. How does he respond to immediate failure? That's going to tell a lot.

vCash
    Carol was very average NFL coach until Seattle drafted Wilson in 2012.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tecumsah Sherman View Post
    Miami would have a super bowl. Saban would have stayed in pros. I?m sure everyone knows the story of Saban wanting Brees in Miami
    Yep.

vCash
    To say Pete Carroll is a better coach than Saban is ridiculous. Let’s not forget that Carroll bolted back to the NFL in the 1st place because USC was getting hit with significant probation under his watch.

Saban not getting Brees changed his career path. Carroll got his franchise QB in Wilson.

Urban Meyer has won everywhere he has ever been. I don’t see why Jacksonville will be any different
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    To say Pete Carroll is a better coach than Saban is ridiculous. Let’s not forget that Carroll bolted back to the NFL in the 1st place because USC was getting hit with significant probation under his watch.

Saban not getting Brees changed his career path. Carroll got his franchise QB in Wilson.

Urban Meyer has won everywhere he has ever been. I don’t see why Jacksonville will be any different
    And Bama doesn't do illegal shit? USC wouldn't even cause a ripple in the SEC world. Who says Brees develops like he has without Sean Payton.

If Saban had the balls then he would have tried the NFL again.