Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arnett and Oregon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    He is interviewing at Oregon.

It doesnt sound like he has a 2MM buyout as some people are trying to say if he is off interviewing with other schools.
    I'm sure it's negotiable.

vCash
    One thing about it...our players are the most nfl ready of any in college football. They average three DC's over their college career so they've had to learn about every defensive system invented. This is getting really old really fast.

vCash
    At MSU he is limited to a 2 year contract and couldn?t pick out his own staff...Brock, McBath and Phelps all came with Leach.

vCash
    Have ya'll forgotten that he left Syracuse 11 days after accepting their offer to come to State????

While he did well here in his first year, y'all are naive to expect this cat to stay long....

vCash
    Somebody on a MSU FB group said his uncle was Rob ******* and that rumor was false.

vCash
    I don't begrudge anyone for interviewing. Who knows what it gets him financially or opportunity wise. If it were anyone on this board, they'd do the same for themselves and their family and if you say otherwise you're either lying or...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutter Cobreh View Post
    Have ya'll forgotten that he left Syracuse 11 days after accepting their offer to come to State????

While he did well here in his first year, y'all are naive to expect this cat to stay long....
    But that was ok because he liked us more***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    I don't begrudge anyone for interviewing. Who knows what it gets him financially or opportunity wise. If it were anyone on this board, they'd do the same for themselves and their family and if you say otherwise you're either lying or...
    I feel the exact way. I never understood the hate of Mullen for doing it.

Bennie Brown Know-It-All
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I feel the exact way. I never understood the hate of Mullen for doing it.
    Mullen stopped recruiting on 2 separate occasions because he thought he had jobs locked up that he ended up not getting. It cost us prospects and pissed me off.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarius View Post
    Mullen stopped recruiting on 2 separate occasions because he thought he had jobs locked up that he ended up not getting. It cost us prospects and pissed me off.
    Yep

Senior Member Interpolation_Dawg_EX's Avatar
    vCash
    On tRant Coaching Changes Board says Arnett interviewing tomorrow. Any truth?

vCash
    Even if he hadn't stopped recruiting his constant flirting with other jobs likely cost us countless recruits that chose a more stable situation when given another relatively equal option where there was more confidence the coach would be around. Hugh Freeze ate Mullen's lunch over this issue in recruiting while he was around. Mullen failed to reach his full potential at MSU over 2 issues. First was his lack of full effort in recruiting because he was too busy looking for another job at the end and right after the season and second was his inability to keep any continuity on the defensive side of the ball with keeping a defensive coordinator.

vCash
    This is exactly right. I honestly just get sick of 7 bringing up Mullen every chance he gets

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowbell View Post
    This is exactly right. I honestly just get sick of 7 bringing up Mullen every chance he gets
    Just reminding guys that as long as we have an actual asset, it will be this way. We aren't a destination school

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Just reminding guys that as long as we have an actual asset, it will be this way. We aren't a destination school
    Fans that have that attitude are the reason we may not be a destination to some. But we are obviously a destination to some. Heck we had to run Moorhead off he loved it here so much. Lol.

People aren't mad at Mullen for shopping around. It was for doing it while not fulfilling the duties we were paying him for. And just blaming the DC when we got abused.