Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arnett and Oregon

vCash

Arnett and Oregon

Maybe this has been covered but there are rumors he is interviewing with them

vCash
    Joe trying to stick it to us

But since he’s been out west a while it makes sense for Oregon to reach out

vCash
    Will arnett be hated like Mullen for all these interviews?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Irondawg View Post
    Joe trying to stick it to us

But since he’s been out west a while it makes sense for Oregon to reach out
    I thought I'd heard that Joe was going somewhere else. Maybe not.

vCash
    Arnett ain't leaving for Oregon, unless it's to be a head coach . His wife loves the south.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    I thought I'd heard that Joe was going somewhere else. Maybe not.
    I saw him potentially linked to Bama and Michigan. Doubt seriously Bama, but who knows on Michigan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I saw him potentially linked to Bama and Michigan. Doubt seriously Bama, but who knows on Michigan.
    He might do well at Vanderbilt. But they've already hired somebody.

Has Bama hired an OC since Sarkisian went to Texas? Bama might be a good place for him as an OC.

vCash
    Will arnett be hated like Mullen for all these interviews?
    Major difference between a DC and the head coach going on interviews but you already know that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    He might do well at Vanderbilt. But they've already hired somebody.

Has Bama hired an OC since Sarkisian went to Texas? Bama might be a good place for him as an OC.
    I thought Bama was looking at Bill O'Brien? At any rate they won't hire someone until after the game tonight.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Major difference between a DC and the head coach going on interviews but you already know that.
    DC interviewing for a HC job is certainly different. DC interviewing for DC seems equal to HC interviewing for HC to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    It's not that different when it isn't interviewing for a head coach position. I don't have a problem with a coordinator interviewing, but interviewing after one year if it's not a blue blood is annoying. If it's Bama, UF, UGA, Texas, Clemson, OSU, etc. I get it. I don't like it, but I get it. They are blue bloods and give you a legitimate shot at a national title. Even though they have Phil Knight, Oregon is not quite on that level in my mind but I can get why it would be appealing if he's a west coast guy at heart and wants to get back out there.

On the flipside, I think we will only offer two year contracts, and I think most schools will offer longer, so if that's the case, we can't really complain about coordinators not being committed for longer. It's just so hard to have continuity when coordinators are leaving every 2 years, much less after one year.

vCash
    DC interviewing for a HC job is certainly different. DC interviewing for DC seems equal to HC interviewing for HC to me.
    The difference is one is much easier to replace and has much less impact on your program than the other.

vCash

Arnett is our new Mullen...

Arnett to the Eagles and possibly Dallas based on what I?m hearing* Good lord, I think our fans have said he?s ? rumored? to every D1 DC job that?s been open ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    It's not that different when it isn't interviewing for a head coach position. I don't have a problem with a coordinator interviewing, but interviewing after one year if it's not a blue blood is annoying. If it's Bama, UF, UGA, Texas, Clemson, OSU, etc. I get it. I don't like it, but I get it. They are blue bloods and give you a legitimate shot at a national title. Even though they have Phil Knight, Oregon is not quite on that level in my mind but I can get why it would be appealing if he's a west coast guy at heart and wants to get back out there.

On the flipside, I think we will only offer two year contracts, and I think most schools will offer longer, so if that's the case, we can't really complain about coordinators not being committed for longer. It's just so hard to have continuity when coordinators are leaving every 2 years, much less after one year.
    Good point on length of contracts

vCash
    Yeah, because our DC has the keys to the program and is making $4 mil a year.

I re read that. I didn't mean to sound like an ass.
    Last edited by DownwardDawg; 01-11-2021 at 07:34 PM.

vCash
    He may be wanting to get out of America. To each his own..

vCash
    He is interviewing at Oregon.

It doesnt sound like he has a 2MM buyout as some people are trying to say if he is off interviewing with other schools.
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    It sounds like Arnett wants out but only for the right price. Seems very similar to Mullen. I believe he has been interviewing with many teams

vCash
    To hell with it. Let him go if he wants and go hire Muschamp or Steele ������

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PGHBulldogBG View Post
    It sounds like Arnett wants out but only for the right price. Seems very similar to Mullen. I believe he has been interviewing with many teams
    But..but he had the greatest neighbors ever!