Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Lady Dawgs vs OM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    Yes. Ole Miss has a MUCH better coach and are much more talented than last year. It?s a game we should have won (and we did) against a squad that is going to surprise a lot of teams this season. And we did it with one of our best players playing one of her worst games of the season so far. Matharu came off the bench and played excellent.
    I?m always amazed when people tell me about a game that they didn?t watch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Anyone hear the comment about some player (I think plays for Olemiss) who only wanted to play for a black woman coach? I don't understand why it matters what gender or color a coach is? Women coaching women I guess I can see some but don't understand the racial comment?
    Probably because black people have been purposely denied civil rights for a large part of our country's history, so it's good that black women are now allowed to coach in the SEC. So Shakira Austin probably wanted to show her support for a black coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Yes, I noticed that. A white player would be crucified if he/she said they would only play for a white male (or female) coach. And a white announcer would probably be fired for repeating what they said.
    Yeah, but that's because of the history of white nationalist groups like the Klan in our country. There's a very different history behind, for instance, an all white college and an all black college.

vCash
    Miss. State women's basketball team is
    2 points from being undefeated on the season. No team has beaten them in regulation (2 halves of play). The margin between having 2 losses and being undefeated has been extremely thin. Despite not being at or near their best, Coach McCray-Penson has had this team in position to win every game this season...just fell short by a couple points total (regulation).
    Last edited by jdelta02; 01-11-2021 at 12:21 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TimberBeast View Post
    I?m always amazed when people tell me about a game that they didn?t watch.
    I watched the entire game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jdelta02 View Post
    Miss. State women's basketball team is
    2 points from being undefeated on the season.
    Your math is incorrect.

vCash
    I watched the entire game.
    Ole Miss improved coach played for the last shot down 2 points with a full shot clock. She handed us the game on our court. They had the momentum, the last 5 minutes of the game we were awful. The first two quarters awful. What part did you watch?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    Your math is incorrect.
    He has a whole lot of incorrect.

vCash
    Your math is incorrect.
    - Needed 1 point to beat South Florida in regulation
    - Needed 1 point to beat Kentucky in regulation

Total of 2 points

vCash
    Ole Miss improved coach played for the last shot down 2 points with a full shot clock. She handed us the game on our court. They had the momentum, the last 5 minutes of the game we were awful. The first two quarters awful. What part did you watch?
    Ok. Go be miserable and cry about Vic Schafer. Maybe he will come back if you pout hard enough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jdelta02 View Post
    - Needed 1 point to beat South Florida in regulation
    - Needed 1 point to beat Kentucky in regulation

Total of 2 points
    LOL!! If that's what you want to think. We only needed 1 more point that everybody we played in football and we'd be undefeated.

vCash
    Ok. Go be miserable and cry about Vic Schafer. Maybe he will come back if you pout hard enough.
    Where did I say anything about Vic? You didn?t watch the game and came here acting like you did. I actually did watch it and it was awful on both sides. They had us beat, their coach isn?t good either.

vCash
    LOL!! If that's what you want to think. We only needed 1 more point that everybody we played in football and we'd be undefeated.
    Both games (losses) were tied in regulation, then went to overtime where they were eventually lost. A minimum of 1 additional point in each regulation would have resulted in wins (both games)...total of 2 points.
    Last edited by jdelta02; 01-11-2021 at 12:45 AM.

vCash
    Where did I say anything about Vic? You didn?t watch the game and came here acting like you did. I actually did watch it and it was awful on both sides. They had us beat, their coach isn?t good either.
    I watched the entire game. Came here acting like I did????!!! By congratulating our women?s basketball team on the win??!! Holy ****!!! On a state board congratulating a state team for a win!!! Wow!! Im totally acting crazy here!!!

We are playing average at best right now and still managed to beat a much improved squad. It wasn?t a pretty win but it was a win against Ole Miss and I will take it. If we play like we did today against our next three opponents then we will get run off the court. With that said we are in a coaching transition year in the middle of a pandemic with empty coliseums so I?ll give this team that we have been so proud of for so long a little bit of leeway right now.

Pull your head out of your ass.

vCash
    I watched the entire game. Came here acting like I did????!!! By congratulating our women?s basketball team on the win??!! Holy ****!!! On a state board congratulating a state team for a win!!! Wow!! Im totally acting crazy here!!!

We are playing average at best right now and still managed to beat a much improved squad. It wasn?t a pretty win but it was a win against Ole Miss and I will take it. If we play like we did today against our next three opponents then we will get run off the court. With that said we are in a coaching transition year in the middle of a pandemic with empty coliseums so I?ll give this team that we have been so proud of for so long a little bit of leeway right now.

Pull your head out of your ass.
    Why are we playing average at best? Ole miss is awful as always but pretty well had us beat on our own court but their coach is worse and made an awful decision at the end of the game. Make excuses if you want to but I really enjoyed watching our team the last several years.

vCash
    Here is what I saw. For the second time this year on the offensive end of the floor we had a player fall down, the opposing team rebounded the ball and JC is helping her team mate off the floor instead of going to the other end for defense.

Twice to date.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interpolation_Dawg_EX View Post
    Of course he didn't, Nelle did. Are AD wives usually this visible in the department? I don't remember any others recently.
    TBH John needs all the help he can get.

vCash
    The talent is there. We don't have the toughness we had under Vic. Vic constantly preached toughness and effort. That is the main thing lacking.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg2003 View Post
    Probably because black people have been purposely denied civil rights for a large part of our country's history, so it's good that black women are now allowed to coach in the SEC. So Shakira Austin probably wanted to show her support for a black coach.
    If she actually said she ONLY wanted to play for a black woman as her coach , that basically the meaning of racism..
    Everyone is acting like Title XI was 5 or 6 years ago.. it was almost 50 years ago..

vCash
    I think I will go ahead and close this thread.. if any other mods want to reopen it they can...

I will end it with ..

We won the game that’s what the end result had to be.. But things better get better..
    CNMP was given the keys to an amazing job and opportunity. It’s her job to keep it rolling and make it even stronger.
    Just as it would have been if JC hired any coach no matter the race or gender..
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 01-11-2021 at 11:49 AM.