Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is it with MSU folks ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    It really doesn't help us in the long run for head coaches to leave here and be successful. There is a silver lining to coaches getting hired at big time programs from here because it makes the job more attractive to coaches that wouldn't view MSU as a destination job, but once they leave, to the extent it matters, it's better for us that they crash and burn so people see that it's not as hard to win here as it looks.
    Hell Darrell Royal and Murray Warmath won National Championships somewhere else and didn't do us any good. And Dan Mullen could have done a hell of a lot better from 2014 till he left, if he had been paying attention. He owes us a refund.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Hell Darrell Royal and Murray Warmath won National Championships somewhere else and didn't do us any good. And Dan Mullen could have done a hell of a lot better from 2014 till he left, if he had been paying attention. He owes us a refund.
    I am a little less annoyed by Mullen losing focus at the end of the season after seeing Florida this year. I thought part of the problem was him thinking about his next stop, but if he can't stay focused at Florida when he still has an outside shot at the playoffs, there's just nothing that's ever going to keep him focused through the season. He is just somebody that needs novelty, and apparently he's not going to be focused through a full season unless and until he gets an NFL job. And I assume he'll only have a few seasons there before he starts feeling restless, although there won't be anywhere for him to go at that point. I guess he could take his millions of dollars he's made coaching and try to actively invest in businesses or assets and see if that keeps him interested.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    I am a little less annoyed by Mullen losing focus at the end of the season after seeing Florida this year. I thought part of the problem was him thinking about his next stop, but if he can't stay focused at Florida when he still has an outside shot at the playoffs, there's just nothing that's ever going to keep him focused through the season. He is just somebody that needs novelty, and apparently he's not going to be focused through a full season unless and until he gets an NFL job. And I assume he'll only have a few seasons there before he starts feeling restless, although there won't be anywhere for him to go at that point. I guess he could take his millions of dollars he's made coaching and try to actively invest in businesses or assets and see if that keeps him interested.
    You mean to tell me that this guy wasn't 100% focused?

"After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    You mean to tell me that this guy wasn't 100% focused?

I didn't think it was all that bad. It was at Halloween. Mullen is a pretty smart guy but also a bit of a stuffed shirt, so his jokes don't necessarily go over too well since it's outside his normal actions. Intellectuals also think things are funny when they're not, at least to most of us. Leach is also bright, but it would have been funnier if he'd done it since he's known for his wit.

I grew up in an age where only kids got dressed up for Halloween though - no adults or even young adults.

vCash
    Any one of you who eats at Outback is a damn trader.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Political Hack View Post
    Any one of you who eats at Outback is a damn trader.
    Beaver pelts?