Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vic got beat 92 - 58 by West Virginia today

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by captaindog View Post
    He may personally regret it but strictly by facilities and resources he has everything he needs at Texas to be very successful and have a long career there. I?d be shocked if he didn?t succeed at a very level.
    You do realize that he is in the neighborhood of 60 years old, +/-, so I would say a "long" career would be a very relative term here. However, I totally agree that he will be successful before he hangs it up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by schddog72 View Post
    You do realize that he is in the neighborhood of 60 years old, +/-, so I would say a "long" career would be a very relative term here. However, I totally agree that he will be successful before he hangs it up.
    A decade at any one place is a long career now in college sports, and I suspect Vic will be somebody that coaches as long as his health allows, so yes, he could have a long career at texas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Texas boosters will provide him all the money he needs to buy players like he did at State. His recruiting class at Texas is already showing they are. He will be fine.

And before anybody gets on here and raises hell about my post- every recruit in the country for the sports of football and basketball gets paid. Baseball recruits also get money in the form of random scholarship money or payments as well. Top recruits dont go anywhere these days without payment. They know their worth
    People make under the table payments to women's basketball recruits???

I'd really love to know the profile of the boosters that are that into women's basketball. Parents of former players? Former players that have been successful or married somebody successful? I guess if it's not as expensive then a lot more people can theoretically give enough money to make a difference, but that's still a little surprising to me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Texas boosters will provide him all the money he needs to buy players like he did at State. His recruiting class at Texas is already showing they are. He will be fine.

And before anybody gets on here and raises hell about my post- every recruit in the country for the sports of football and basketball gets paid. Baseball recruits also get money in the form of random scholarship money or payments as well. Top recruits dont go anywhere these days without payment. They know their worth
    Hold on now.....you're telling me people pay for WBK recruits? I'm gonna have to call BS on that one. 98% of P5 athletic depts. probably don't know when their WBK team is playing much less care enough to set up a network to pay recruits. I sincerely hope we're not doing that and if we are, please revert that money to Leach and Howland