Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baseball Roster is posted on website!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Since it's looking like we'll be having three game weekends...

I actually think that plays up to our pitching depth even better than a three game weekend.

MacLeoud, Bednar, and Cerentola should be our rotation.

Spencer Price is an experienced closer. But I like Landon Sims stuff better.

Midweek could be a number of guys- Brandon Smith depending on where he is in his rehab, Cade Smith, Houston Harding and Carlisle Koestler are likely candidates there.

Logan Tanner is a potential high pick at catcher in a couple of years and Luke Hancock is a really good catcher as well. We're pretty deep there.

Josh Hatcher should be at first, Scott Bubrule at second, Kellum Clark at third, and Kamren James at SS. Two seniors and then two young but high end talent players.

Outfield has a couple of seniors in Tanner Allen and Rowdey Jordan who can play. The other spot will be up for grabs between Pimentel, Brayland Skinner, and Cumbest. I suspect the DH will be whoever isn't catching that day.

Good veteran team on paper with a lot of high end arms and a veteran group of hitters even though there isn't a Rooker or Renfroe type or a Mangum/Frazier type of contact hitter.
    Tullar is going to help quickly and kyte McDonald are both going to factor in at their spots as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    We have people that still haven't signed that committed prior to lemonis taking the job.
    Are those commitments really commitments on either side? I guess those projections work out enough that people keep offering, but what happens when a ninth grader with all the tools commits and just stops progressing? Do we just tell them they're welcome to come but it doesn't look like they will get playing time and may not be on the roster after their freshman year? Or do we pull their offer?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Since it's looking like we'll be having three game weekends...

I actually think that plays up to our pitching depth even better than a three game weekend.

I was really hoping we'd do four game weekends this year with the larger rosters. I get that everybody doesn't have the pitching depth even with the bigger rosters, but would have been fun to have that much baseball, and would have made it easier to keep developing guys with a crowded roster.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Tullar is going to help quickly and kyte McDonald are both going to factor in at their spots as well.
    I am excited that Kyte McDonald has emerged as a factor. We are too left-handed without one or two more hitters emerging.

Outside of know contributors like K James and L Tanner we don't have any other experienced everyday right-handed hitters. Rowdey is a Switch hitter...then that's it on the proven guys.

After that, you will need Brad Cumbest and Tanner leggett to start hitting. BC could be great, but he's a part timer with no fall ball.

Kace Garner is the other Right-Handed possibility. Awesome hitting stats in JC but probably needs a different field position to play frequently.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson85 View Post
    Are those commitments really commitments on either side? I guess those projections work out enough that people keep offering, but what happens when a ninth grader with all the tools commits and just stops progressing? Do we just tell them they're welcome to come but it doesn't look like they will get playing time and may not be on the roster after their freshman year? Or do we pull their offer?
    Yeah, I've been curious on how this works as well. Seems like big schools can offer and accept unlimited commits and then just pick and choose come signing day or even worse, during fall ball??

vCash
    I know of one offer pulled bc of the coaching change. Can?t remember the name.

Doesn?t matter, it happens in each sport. Coach wants a certain type of player. I suspect that Peyton and Berry were walk ons. New coaches always weed out players. Cohen did it when he came back. Spilt milk. Move on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Federalist Engineer View Post
    I am excited that Kyte McDonald has emerged as a factor. We are too left-handed without one or two more hitters emerging.

Outside of know contributors like K James and L Tanner we don't have any other experienced everyday right-handed hitters. Rowdey is a Switch hitter...then that's it on the proven guys.

After that, you will need Brad Cumbest and Tanner leggett to start hitting. BC could be great, but he's a part timer with no fall ball.

Kace Garner is the other Right-Handed possibility. Awesome hitting stats in JC but probably needs a different field position to play frequently.
    Leggett can't hit his way out of a wet paper sack. Don't count on him in any way from the plate. He's a good defensive sub