Thread: Hello my fellow dogs from the land of fruits and nutty nuts. Its still crazy here but

vCash

Hello my fellow dogs from the land of fruits and nutty nuts. Its still crazy here but

thank god i am not in Washington. Covid still ravaging after 9 months and i am getting apathetic. Have been overseeing vaccine distribution in Southern California. Just my opinion but things may be getting back to normal in the fall. We all better pray the vaccine works against the new African strain. Right now no one knows and that's a fact. I got to see the end of the bowl game and the glorious fight....the cali people say we take football way to serious and i say GTHOM and HAIL DAMN STATE! HOPE ALL ARE WELL IN GODS COUNTRY!

vCash
    Came out on Fox News this morning a study shows that the vaccine is effective against the new strain, I don't know how much that means. Stay safe 99 and thank you for your service.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash

Questions below:

Quote Originally Posted by msbulldog View Post
    Came out on Fox News this morning a study shows that the vaccine is effective against the new strain, I don't know how much that means. Stay safe 99 and thank you for your service.
    1. How long will Covid shot (I don't call it a vaccine yet) last as far as protection goes? I would not think the shot will last any longer than the protection you get from actually having Covid and recovering provides. Is this true?
    2. I've heard that having and recovering from Covid provides 3 months of protection. Any further details here?
    3. Big question is will Covid go the way of Spanish Flu, SARS and MIRS, or will it become the 2nd Flu that we have to deal with indefinitely.

vCash
    99jc - Stay 6 feet plus, from everything, out there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Percho View Post
    99jc - Stay 6 feet plus, from everything, out there.
    More than 6ft from Kim K as she seems to be headed back to the market!*** Stay Safe and Hail State!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldendawg View Post
    More than 6ft from Kim K as she seems to be headed back to the market!*** Stay Safe and Hail State!
    Yep that's the safest thing to do because her butt is more than 6' wide.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Dang i needed a good laugh this morning before heading out today....2020 still hanging on for me.

vCash
    When Ginny Sack hauls ass, she's gotta make two trips.**

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    When Ginny Sack hauls ass, she's gotta make two trips.**
    Was that before the 9lb wart fell off her ass.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Was that before the 9lb wart fell off her ass.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardoMSU View Post
    Used to be a dancer, poor kid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaChicagoDog View Post
    Used to be a dancer, poor kid.
    Well I guess this will turn into a Soprano breaking balls thread.

vCash
    Yep.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Well I guess this will turn into a Soprano breaking balls thread.
    Haha I hear ya.

99jc - hang in there, man. Unreal the jobs you've had to do last/this year. Sounds like your diet has improved*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wrapit View Post
    1. How long will Covid shot (I don't call it a vaccine yet) last as far as protection goes? I would not think the shot will last any longer than the protection you get from actually having Covid and recovering provides. Is this true?
    2. I've heard that having and recovering from Covid provides 3 months of protection. Any further details here?
    3. Big question is will Covid go the way of Spanish Flu, SARS and MIRS, or will it become the 2nd Flu that we have to deal with indefinitely.
    Seems like I read somewhere that it's at least possible that the vaccine could provide longer immunity, although that seems counter intuitive. I think it had something to do with the vaccine providing better memory T cell protection than the actual virus. Will have to keep an eye out to see if that turns out to be the case. Let's certainly hope so.
    There's someone in my head but its not me.

vCash
    The Spanish Flu still exist.... so Covid-19 will most likely be around for decades.... or at least the next 4 years.

vCash
    The truth is we don't know answers to any of that yet, but the data for the vaccine is promising and it does work in the short term (3-4 months at least). It's a complete different type of virus than the flu so I wouldn't guess the pattern will be that similar, but doesn't mean it won't linger. This virus has broken a lot of expected norms already.