Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So is Arnett staying or leaving?

vCash
    How much are we paying Moorhead and how long.

Or did we get out of that unscathed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPMT View Post
    Yep. Short of double the athletic budget and then some, plus vision to position the image differently/in a unique way.

We are a LONG way from the image thing. I saw a post regarding social media increase among athletic departments. Didn?t see us anywhere close to the top. Guess who is.....yep, Ole Miss. Plus lots of blue blood.
    That?s because Cohen doesn?t think marketing, media, Brand Building are important.... unless he is doing baseball radio commentary with Jim Ellis or his Podcast. Stricklin/Byrne had us going in the right direction on Marketing/Media/Social media. Now, we are not even trying to build a brand and have gotten away from things like #Hailstate, StarkVegas and Maroon Fridays.... Vic had a lot people in Mississippi wearing PTLGD shirts. Dave Emerick is doing some good stuff with Football. To me we should try to build a brand around STATE.
    Last edited by Leeshouldveflanked; 01-08-2021 at 05:29 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeshouldveflanked View Post
    That?s because Cohen doesn?t think marketing, media, Brand Building are important.... unless he is doing baseball radio commentary with Jim Ellis or his Podcast. Stricklin/Byrne had us going in the right direction on Marketing/Media/Social media. Now, we are not even trying to build a brand and have gotten away from things like #Hailstate, StarkVegas and Maroon Fridays.... Vic had a lot people in Mississippi wearing PTLGD shirts. Dave Emerick is doing some good stuff with Football. To me we should try to build a brand around STATE.
    Totally agree. No vision from Cohen, at least no communicated one.

vCash
    People on here bitched incessantly about how stupid #HailState and StarkVegas are - and not just one or two people. I also remember a whole lot of people wanting Strick run out of here and were happy when he went to UF.
    At least our fans are consistent***
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    People on here bitched incessantly about how stupid #HailState and StarkVegas are - and not just one or two people. I also remember a whole lot of people wanting Strick run out of here and were happy when he went to UF.
    Bruns. I wouldn't put too much stock on the bitching, it's a message board and it is on all message boards especially in the Sec. We have come a loonnnggggg ways in StarkVegas. Now back to folks ready to jump off the bridge***

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    Bruns. I wouldn't put too much stock on the bitching, it's a message board and it is on all message boards especially in the Sec. We have come a loonnnggggg ways in StarkVegas. Now back to folks ready to jump off the bridge***
    Oh, I know. It just always cracks me up.
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunswickDawg View Post
    I liked their efforts this year with re-introducing the Flying M. Assuming that is baby steps to bring it back into modern day. They younger crowd , the ones I talked to at least, seemed to really like it.
    Not the exact same thing as you were saying, but that was a good effort this year.
    And I am critical as heck about past efforts on marketing, but you are right on Stricklin/Byrne marketing.

vCash
    Hey and we got billboards!
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    Just isn't going to happen. You'd have to pay the most of any team and it still wouldn't stop the poaching
    Agree. We could pay way over market for a coordinator, but that wouldn't stop an Alabama or a Texas from going even further above market if they wanted one of our coaches. We wouldn't achieve the objective of coaching staff stability and it would cost us a lot of money in the process.

vCash
    This was always my main problem with hiring an ex coach to be the AD. Cohen doesn't like that stuff and has run off some really good people because of his thinking on it. I mean Bob was a heck of an ambassador for us with his writing and say what you want about Derek Cody and his views on certain issues, but that guy was a wizard with video and editing. And then there's Rhett Hobart. Rhett is maroon thru and thru and I hope he's hired as the AD in the future, but it just seemed like he was getting pushed out towards the end of his time. His marketing ideas, Tents For Tickets withstanding, were always very good and what he's doing at Wake is very innovative.

I don't know who's advising Cohen on this stuff, but whoever it is needs to go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    This was always my main problem with hiring an ex coach to be the AD. Cohen doesn't like that stuff and has run off some really good people because of his thinking on it. I mean Bob was a heck of an ambassador for us with his writing and say what you want about Derek Cody and his views on certain issues, but that guy was a wizard with video and editing. And then there's Rhett Hobart. Rhett is maroon thru and thru and I hope he's hired as the AD in the future, but it just seemed like he was getting pushed out towards the end of his time. His marketing ideas, Tents For Tickets withstanding, were always very good and what he's doing at Wake is very innovative.

I don't know who's advising Cohen on this stuff, but whoever it is needs to go.
    Miss Bob not being at MSU. Did he get run off?
    Derek - same thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    I liked their efforts this year with re-introducing the Flying M. Assuming that is baby steps to bring it back into modern day. They younger crowd , the ones I talked to at least, seemed to really like it.
    Not the exact same thing as you were saying, but that was a good effort this year.
    And I am critical as heck about past efforts on marketing, but you are right on Stricklin/Byrne marketing.
    I love the MState logo. Every time someone asks me where I went to college, I say "MState!"***** MSU Class of '77.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Santiago View Post
    Miss Bob not being at MSU. Did he get run off?
    Derek - same thing.
    Derek was so good. Wish we still had him.

vCash
    M-State logo is trash. And I’ve never met a State person that calls us “M-State”
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is