Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So is Arnett staying or leaving?

vCash

So is Arnett staying or leaving?

Ok you guys who know the Cigar Boys. Let us Peasants know.

vCash
    Reading between the lines as a peasant I would only be concerned if LSU hires Cincinnati's DC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Reading between the lines as a peasant I would only be concerned if LSU hires Cincinnati's DC.
    Don't follow

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lambert View Post
    Ok you guys who know the Cigar Boys. Let us Peasants know.
    Don't know what is going to happen but with some big programs potentially open, I'm a little concerned but I also think we are not in as bad a spot as some may think.

Appears Arnett is somewhat happy here but that don't mean he is staying.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Don't follow
    Marcus Freeman is the Cincinnati DC. It's rumored he's number 1 on LSU and ND's list. If ND loses out on him most believe that Arnett is next on their list.

vCash
    Freeman is not going to LSU, short time job.
    Praise The Lord and Go Dawgs!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StarkVegasSteve View Post
    Marcus Freeman is the Cincinnati DC. It's rumored he's number 1 on LSU and ND's list. If ND loses out on him most believe that Arnett is next on their list.
    Thanks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by R2Dawg View Post
    Don't know what is going to happen but with some big programs potentially open, I'm a little concerned but I also think we are not in as bad a spot as some may think.

Appears Arnett is somewhat happy here but that don't mean he is staying.
    This is pretty accurate. He likes it here. But you there is reason for concern.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Homedawg View Post
    This is pretty accurate. He likes it here. But you there is reason for concern.
    The price of hiring good people.

vCash
    Bo Bounds apparently said we have a $2 million buyout in Arnett's contract.

Is that true? If so, our administration is finally giving us some much needed security in keeping coaches. That would be huge for us if we did that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetEdDawg View Post
    Bo Bounds apparently said we have a $2 million buyout in Arnett's contract.

Is that true? If so, our administration is finally giving us some much needed security in keeping coaches. That would be huge for us if we did that.
    Yes. And we're paying him over a million dollars as well. We're a pretty good job and it's going to take a blue blood to take one of our coaches and not a lateral move.

vCash
    Yes. And we're paying him over a million dollars as well. We're a pretty good job and it's going to take a blue blood to take one of our coaches and not a lateral move.
    We need to get to the point where our coordinators are paid well enough that they would only leave for HC jobs. Someone like Arnett will 100% a head coach at some point. He?s that good. We lock him in with a huge buyout, pay him top 20 coordinator salary and name him Assistant Head coach.

Consistency in coordinators will result in even better results on the field.

vCash
    We just wont ever be there. The Blue bloods will always rob the middle class. Thats just life
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    We just wont ever be there. The Blue bloods will always rob the middle class. Thats just life
    I agree, plus as you’ve stated Coaches move around, for many reasons. Expecting assistants to stay for long periods are over now days.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by basedog View Post
    I agree, plus as you’ve stated Coaches move around, for many reasons. Expecting assistants to stay for long periods are over now days.
    The buyout to me is the big thing. Have we ever had a buyout for a coordinator this big? $2 million is a pretty hefty tag and doesn't sound like something we've exercised in the past.

If so, is that Leach pushing for that? I like it no matter who pushed for it, but it seems like a high number for us given our past.

vCash
    The buyout to me is the big thing. Have we ever had a buyout for a coordinator this big? $2 million is a pretty hefty tag and doesn't sound like something we've exercised in the past.

If so, is that Leach pushing for that? I like it no matter who pushed for it, but it seems like a high number for us given our past.
    I’m sure it goes down each year. Seems like a good deal as he was or did the most impressive job.

vCash
    The price of hiring good people.
    Yep exactly

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgology View Post
    We need to get to the point where our coordinators are paid well enough that they would only leave for HC jobs. Someone like Arnett will 100% a head coach at some point. He?s that good. We lock him in with a huge buyout, pay him top 20 coordinator salary and name him Assistant Head coach.

Consistency in coordinators will result in even better results on the field.
    Just isn't going to happen. You'd have to pay the most of any team and it still wouldn't stop the poaching

vCash

It is good. But whoever wants him will pay that 2 mil and laugh. Not a big deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    Yep. Short of double the athletic budget and then some, plus vision to position the image differently/in a unique way.

We are a LONG way from the image thing. I saw a post regarding social media increase among athletic departments. Didn?t see us anywhere close to the top. Guess who is.....yep, Ole Miss. Plus lots of blue blood.
    Last edited by SPMT; 01-07-2021 at 11:18 PM.