Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Confidence increasing in winter weather Sunday/Monday

vCash

Confidence increasing in winter weather Sunday/Monday

The models are all starting to come into agreement for a snow event Sunday night into Monday. This far out details are far from locked in, but at this time areas NW of the Natchez Trace look to receive the highest amounts. Some of the models are painting widespread 4-8" for that area with 2-4" for areas of East MS. That said, even the slightest deviation of the actual track of the low would have major impacts on accumulation amounts and whether or not we even get snow. But just in case you may want to beat the rush for your milk, bread, and toilet paper as things are trending wintry.

vCash
    I'm on the North side of Atlanta but still read and anticipate your reports ... There's something about that I-20 corridor that usually means Central and Northern Mississippi's weather tracks right along to over here at my location.
    OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss campus police ask students to behave at future baseball games following a recent incident.
    The university said students were reportedly throwing rocks at Georgia baseball players during last weekend's series.

vCash
    Are you looking at the GFS?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FISHDAWG View Post
    I'm on the North side of Atlanta but still read and anticipate your reports ... There's something about that I-20 corridor that usually means Central and Northern Mississippi's weather tracks right along to over here at my location.
    Totally agree. Likewise, enjoy starkvegasdawg's posts on weather.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by parabrave View Post
    Are you looking at the GFS?
    As of last night the gfs, euro, and Canadian all on board. The NAM doesn't go out that far yet but it looks to be trending similarly.

vCash
    I live around Little Rock and I'm not privy to certain models but I hear there's a possible Winter Storm they're (Weather Channel/ Noaa) watching but "uncertainty remains high."

vCash
    What are we thinking now?

vCash
    I got a email just a little while ago from Rankin County Schools to be prepare for kids to be at home Monday.

vCash
    If I'm living in the delta I'm starting to get excited about Monday. I could see 2-4" with locally higher amounts possible. Where I am in Starkville I'm starting to get nervous it's going to be another cold rain. Maybe it's just my negative attitude on not seeing snow in a long time. All going to depend on the track of the low and where that rain snow line sets up.

vCash
    Any in the Memphis area? Local news is always on the “no accumulation, but we get 10 inches side....”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TNDawg35 View Post
    Any in the Memphis area? Local news is always on the “no accumulation, but we get 10 inches side....”
    Probably not much as it looks now. The main show band looks to be setting up across north LA and southern AR and into the delta.

vCash
    Any update?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WSOPdawg View Post
    Any update?
    Winter storm watches have gone out for the southern delta. Expect them to add more as the evening and night unfolds. The rain snow line looks to set up along a Jackson to Columbus line. Anywhere north of where that line develops could see 2-3" with higher amounts possible. Wouldn't be surprised to see parts of the delta get 5-6" in isolated bands.
    Last edited by starkvegasdawg; 01-09-2021 at 06:37 PM.

vCash
    Thanks, stark. Always the BEST weather intel can be found here on elitedawgs. Much appreciated.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    If I'm living in the delta I'm starting to get excited about Monday. I could see 2-4" with locally higher amounts possible. Where I am in Starkville I'm starting to get nervous it's going to be another cold rain. Maybe it's just my negative attitude on not seeing snow in a long time. All going to depend on the track of the low and where that rain snow line sets up.
    Know it's tough to predict. Any idea on if Columbus will get any snow or not? I know you said the line sets up from jackson to Columbus so I'm assuming it just depends on what the temps are in Columbus when the precip gets into the area?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BB30 View Post
    Know it's tough to predict. Any idea on if Columbus will get any snow or not? I know you said the line sets up from jackson to Columbus so I'm assuming it just depends on what the temps are in Columbus when the precip gets into the area?
    It's just too close to know. It's possible it sets up where Starkville just gets a cold rain. Where it sets up the temps will be cold enough. The track of the low will be bringing in warm air and where it brings in enough to get it above freezing it'll just be rain. A shift in track of the low of 10-15 miles can make all the difference, and there's just no way of knowing those fine of details. The further west you are the better. I'm sweating it out here in Starkville hoping to see some snow with all my might.

vCash
    I am planning to drive to Shreveport Monday AM. Should I adjust my plans?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    I am planning to drive to Shreveport Monday AM. Should I adjust my plans?
    Might be an interesting drive.

vCash
    We got almost a foot right before Christmas in southern Pennsylvania. I will be glad to send it all to Mississippi

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by starkvegasdawg View Post
    Might be an interesting drive.
    It was pretty interesting coming back from the "Snow Bowl" about 20 years ago.