Thread: Baseball guys

vCash

Baseball guys

Any word on the schedule? Would think they would have to release it here pretty soon

vCash
    Just a lot of rumors about how many games will be played. The SEC should be voting on it soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    Just a lot of rumors about how many games will be played. The SEC should be voting on it soon.
    I dont see why we cant play a regular schedule at this point. It would make sense if football didnt work but the Corona bros failed again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckyIsAB**** View Post
    I dont see why we cant play a regular schedule at this point. It would make sense if football didnt work but the Corona bros failed again.
    I don't either but it is what it is.

The schedule would be at least 52 games and probably 56 based on the rumors I've heard. That would be the same as any other season but I expect it to be mostly SEC games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd4State View Post
    I don't either but it is what it is.

The schedule would be at least 52 games and probably 56 based on the rumors I've heard. That would be the same as any other season but I expect it to be mostly SEC games.
    Starting when?

vCash
    Starting when?
    I've heard that the start of the season may be delayed a few weeks.

vCash
    That just doesnt make any sense to me

vCash
    I think everyone (conferences and schools) are waiting to see what each other plan to do. We can?t play certain out of conference games if those conferences decide they are playing in conference only.

vCash
    We will play 56 games. I think the season will start on time but delays will occur but will be totally better by June. I?m leaning to 12 conference weekends and only 20 non conference games instead of 26. A vote will happen next week. Right now the annual baseball coaches conference is happening, on line only though.

vCash
    As someone who had his first college at bat in 22 degree weather with some wind blowing- delaying the beginning of baseball a couple of weeks until March 1st would never be a bad idea
    Walk like the King or walk like you don't care who the King is

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach34 View Post
    As someone who had his first college at bat in 22 degree weather with some wind blowing- delaying the beginning of baseball a couple of weeks until March 1st would never be a bad idea
    Yeah, it would be nice if everything baseball could be pushed back a couple of weeks.

vCash
    That just doesnt make any sense to me
    It will just be pushed back to March so it's not that bad. Will allow for more people to go.

vCash
    SEC is sticking with the 10 three game series schedule and a normal full schedule

vCash
    Amen to that! I've frozen more playing and coaching baseball than football.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooterpoot View Post
    SEC is sticking with the 10 three game series schedule and a normal full schedule
    Meaning the non conference schedule will be tenuous at best. We will have cancellations and makeup?s the whole year. Hopefully vaccinations will kick in and normalcy will return by May.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MsStateBaseball View Post
    Meaning the non conference schedule will be tenuous at best. We will have cancellations and makeup?s the whole year. Hopefully vaccinations will kick in and normalcy will return by May.
    I just hope can get to the point that fans are allowed. I need some time at DNF!
    "After dealing with Ole Miss for over a year," he said, "I've learned to expect their leadership to do and say things that the leadership at other Division I schools would never consider doing and to justify their actions by reminding themselves that "We're Ole Miss.""
    - Tom Mars, Esq. 4.9.18

vCash

My son said it best

Why do they call us "Boys of Summer" when half my starts I can't feel my fingers?!?!?